Steering tie rod rattle

• Today I took the Slingshot to Champion Power Sports in Athens, Al where I purchased. Had to be there before 2:00 pm because they don't run diagnostics beyond two pm. They took it into the shop and ten minutes later brought it out and had me ready to roll. They verified what I had found stated in OP above. They filed warranty request for steering rack replacement. They also stated that I may have to bring it back in for tear down to file pics with Polaris as part of the verification process. Wonder if they would settle for a video previously taken...

On a side note... FYI...

While I had the boot peeled back from the steering rack carrier to tie rod, I grease packed the steering shaft. I turned the wheel all the way to the right, greased the large shaft, then turned the wheel full left to pull the grease in. Straightened the wheel and wiped off excessive grease. This eliminated the annoying rattle. Don't know for how long, but can't hurt my situation.

Door open @Tripod, @Bill Martin, @Mr. Clean.... play nice and safe for work!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thanks for the info @airoutlaw will have to look at mine tonight while I'm fixing the coolant leak at the back, lower area of the engine.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• Any update from your appointment @airoutlaw?? Did they get right to it without acting dumb???

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Showed 'em what I found. They racked it and confirmed. Filed warranty request for steering rack. Didn't down my Sling. Now the waiting game with Polaris. Nope, nothing new here. Still SSITS bound for now. Having a rack on hand woulda been nice.... yeah, right.

• didn't you have steering issues as well?BugEater just posted that there is a digital wrench update 3.7 4/26/2016 that updates EPS calibration on 2015-2016 slings. Maybe dealer could do when you get your steering rack!

I had a faulty steering sensor shortly after the purchase. I occasionally get the "power steering drop out" with no codes or lights. But, I have the mefiburn from Bob on the ECM so this is something I need to check into.

The question that needs to be asked...

Does the new 3.7 digital wrench update just effect the steering parameters or does it re-flash all parameters? (Over-write my carburation flash)...

• Just posted this in the other tie rod thread.
    Just came from dealer for jumper harness recall. Got them to look at Passenger side tie rod for play. They said there is 0.125 play. They called Polaris when I was there and Polaris said I was over aggressive with my steering. I said I must be only turning it one way? Duh... Any way waiting on reply I'm pretty sure they're going to change my rack out. Was getting a shimmy from r/h front then checked the the tie rod by pushing fore and aft on tire. Sure enough a little clunk along with the slop. One of the techs said they're the same as a RZR rack and not used to the mileage. Like REALLY!!

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Dealer installed steering rack and ready to go. Jumped in and made one turn in the parking lot and traction control light illuminates. Maybe fluke. Do a reset. Try again. Trac control again. Now back in the shop and me sitting at Sonic. Lunch!