Factory Stereo removal?

• So, I have looked everywhere, and while I know someone must have posted something about taking the stereo out of the dash, I can't find anything on it.

By the way, is there any chance there is an audio input jack in the back of this thing? I have installed a Sirius XM system and now it looks like the very same issue that keeps the FM radio from picking up a channel, keeps this thing from picking up the XM signal when broadcasting on an FM band.

FML......

Interesting side note..... When the key is in the 'On' position, I have no FM stations available to me. However, when I continue turning the key to the 'Aux' position, the FM stereo picks up all my local channels crystal clear.

WTH?

This also applies to the XM Radio as well. Which is why I was asking if there is a port in the back of the stereo to simply connect to.

• If your reception is bad when the switch is in the run position, double check to make sure you're not in reverse (assuming yous has a back-up camera). There is interference from some of the cameras that negatively impact the radio reception and has a recall on those models in question. Hope yours is one of them (so it can be fixed at no cost to you - I didn't mean it to sound like I was glad you have a problem)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Radio is simple removal. Undo the 4 screws and face plate comes off. Then you just pull unit (can't remember if any screws behind face plate?). Everything unplugs easy....

I put in a better internal antenna, but it did squat. I just use my ipod now

Good luck

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have had a ticket in with Polaris since day 1 of purchase on this stereo. So I am well aware of the Gremlins that are present with the stereo system.

However, as I was installing an XM Radio system, I noticed that the FM Stereo issue completely disappeared when I turned the key into the Aux position. It returns to it's crap service as soon as I turn the key back into the Run position.

So the issue, whatever it is, exists when that key is on.

I am currently uploading a video to youtube to show what is occurring. I plan on sending this to my dealer service ladies as well.

• Radio is simple removal. Undo the 4 screws and face plate comes off. Then you just pull unit (can't remember if any screws behind face plate?). Everything unplugs easy....

I put in a better internal antenna, but it did squat. I just use my ipod now

Good luck

Actually that just removes the screen. The radio itself is further into the hole. Two bolts hold it in on the bottom of the unit. It gets all the heat from the engine compartment because there is no insulation between it and the large hole going into the compartment. Polaris got my replacement radio to me today and I replaced mine myself while at the dealer. Didn't realize until then that there were two parts to the radio. Very tight in there too but I replaced the unit in just under twenty minutes. Dealer was impressed. :thumbup:

• Actually that just removes the screen. The radio itself is further into the hole. Two bolts hold it in on the bottom of the unit. It gets all the heat from the engine compartment because there is no insulation between it and the large hole going into the compartment. Polaris got my replacement radio to me today and I replaced mine myself while at the dealer. Didn't realize until then that there were two parts to the radio. Very tight in there too but I replaced the unit in just under twenty minutes. Dealer was impressed. :thumbup:

You might just have my answer I need then. Any chance you noticed a jack in the back of the stereo for an input from XM Radio? It is the same jack as found on a headset.

No sense in ripping this out if there isn't one there.

• You might just have my answer I need then. Any chance you noticed a jack in the back of the stereo for an input from XM Radio? It is the same jack as found on a headset.
    No sense in ripping this out if there isn't one there.

Wasn't paying a lot of attention to jacks since I was trying to see how quickly I could change it. There is a very large jack on the top that all the wiring plugs in to. Interestingly, there was another large jack hole on the side that was uncovered on my old one but had a cover on the new one. The only other obvious plug in was for the antenna.
    I also put some insulation in front of the radio to try to keep some of the heat off it.
    It's really pretty easy to get to the radio. I would just pull it out and look the thing over. Also, the two plugs on the monitor can be plugged in wrong. If the screen doesn't come on, just plug the into the other holes. There are two holes with a one prong plug and two with a two prong plug.