Clutch and Brake Pedal Question

• Checked the search engine for this and couldn't find anything, so apologize if this was brought up and I missed the postings.
    Hubby, let me drive the slingshot last night and even with the seat pulled all the way up, I had to stretch my legs to engage the clutch. Not bad while driving, but when stopped, I couldn't hold the clutch down for the duration of the light. Had to put in neutral to rest and then engage when taking off.
    Has anyone who is short run into this issue and if so, what was your solution. I am short just about an inch or so - I am 5' tall. John is concerned about me driving that way, which would mainly be local, since he does most of the driving. Thanks! Donna

• I am not aware of a known solution. but there was someone making a seat relocator kit for the passenger side. Something similar may work for you as long as your husband doesn't need for the seat to go all the way back.

You should also be very prepared for all the characters on this forum to come up with some crazy / funny solutions.

Good luck and if you find something that works please post it

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• While searching for a more permanent solution- you might try to take a pillow- about 16" square, well-filled,couch type - and place it behind your lower back. I use one all the time I drive. My problem is being thin, I sink WAY back into the seat. I am tall enough, but by the time I moved the seat to where I could safely and comfortably clutch, I was banging my elbow, everytime I shifted. I have months of driving this way, and found it perfect for me.

• You could always get the hubs to buy you a nice sexy pair or platform heels. Dual purpose too. :thumbsup: No offense intended.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I was taught as a young'in to never ride the clutch. Not sure if it adds wear or not ( other than to your legs, lol) but I see no reason to hold the clutch pedal down at lights. In fact I am usually in neutral just before I stop. I just leave her in neutral and engage the clutch when it's time to go. If your only issue is at lights give it a try and let it go !

• While searching for a more permanent solution- you might try to take a pillow- about 16" square, well-filled,couch type - and place it behind your lower back. I use one all the time I drive. My problem is being thin, I sink WAY back into the seat. I am tall enough, but by the time I moved the seat to where I could safely and comfortably clutch, I was banging my elbow, everytime I shifted. I have months of driving this way, and found it perfect for me.

Thanks for the feedback including Jonathan's. No offense was taken. Thought it was cute! Only problem with heels is I would probably fall on my Ass with heels. Normally, wear flats. I checked the Bondra link and sent them a request for compatibility with a Slingshot. The pillow might work, so will try that as well. John is 5'10" so he puts the seat back and has no issues. By the way, someone mentioned the brackets, which we have on order for the passenger seat. Was advised the Drivers seat brackets are not set up the same, so not sure that would work. Good thought though. Ross, that was funny. I remember when I was a child many moons ago, that a women was short and had to have blocks put on her vehicle to reach the pedals. Saw something on the web, but not sure they would be safe, basically looks like what you posted. Had threads on it. Thanks again, hoping maybe Bondra will have something compatible. Wish me luck!

• BUMMER! Just received a reply from Bondra that unless Polaris uses one of the vehicle pedals, mustang, corvette, etc. it would probably not work. Oh well worth a try. Guess a pillow will be the resolution! Thanks everyone-have a great day! Donna

• BUMMER! Just received a reply from Bondra that unless Polaris uses one of the vehicle pedals, mustang, corvette, etc. it would probably not work. Oh well worth a try. Guess a pillow will be the resolution! Thanks everyone-have a great day! Donna

I think the best solution would be having your husband buy you your very own SS
    Then I am sure one of the many creative vendors we have here could customize a pedal set just for you.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Not sure but if I remember right if you take the seat off and look at how the slider is mounted you might be able to move the slider forward and retighten the bolts (should be another set of mounting holes in slider). :| I could be wrong but I think this is true. I have used the Planted brackets to mount aftermarket seats before and there were multiple mounting hole locations to use.

-Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Thanks, will have to check Pedlemates. Saw something on PepBoys website which I just emailed to John to see if this will work on the slingshot. Pilot Automotive Voltage Pedal Kit, Blue 3 Piece, Manual | Product Details | Pep Boys
    It was blue which would match our slingshot too. Price was even the best. Since I am not the primary driver I don't want to inconvenience him when he does the most driving. Wish I could get my own and it would be PURPLE!

• Second thought- Any vendors on this forum that might want to look into supplying this need. I am sure I am not the only short person driving one of these. Hint!! :) Help the short ladies out guys, you are all so talented! Especially for us seniors!
    You guys can't have all the fun, us ladies also want to drive as well! ;):saint:

• I'm 4'11 and reach clutch without any trouble. At the lights, I'm in neutral so that my leg isn't stretched to the max and getting tired. Also gives the clutch a break. I remember a driving instructor many, many years ago tell me not to wear out the clutch.
    I also have the seat so it's up straight, not leaning back. Try that and see if it helps.

• I'm 4'11 and reach clutch without any trouble. At the lights, I'm in neutral so that my leg isn't stretched to the max and getting tired. Also gives the clutch a break. I remember a driving instructor many, many years ago tell me not to wear out the clutch.
    I also have the seat so it's up straight, not leaning back. Try that and see if it helps.

You will not wear out the clutch by holding it in fully .... the clutch only wears when it is in the friction zone .....

I was taught the opposite... that sitting in neutral leaves you vulnerable should you need to move quickly... when on the road you should always be in gear and ready to go .... this has rung true through car,motorcycle, military, and class A CDL training ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......