• With all the apps, smart devices, and smart things out there....

Anybody find one for the facial beard?

A "click it and forget it" setting...

Could really use one of those.

Looking to retire my trimmer.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• News story...

Skip to last line of post for comics section.

Viewed a news story today about the upward spiralling price of alcohol.

A 57% rise in prices over the last two decades.

And then from there, every news story has a reason for the increase.

The farmer isn't charging more for grain.

Distilleries and bottlers are not receiving bigger profits.

Federal excise taxes remain below inflation rate.

Depending on State, could add a percentage to the increase.

Bottom line is you folks.

Next time you walk into a bar/restaurant...

Take a look at the drink prices.

When you place your drink order...

I was thinking I would have _______ but at that price I will have a sweet tea and pick up a bottle on my way home.

If every person on this forum followed suit...

We would probably have as much influence as Polaris Slingshot sales have on GM automotive manufacturing.

Enjoy your drink.

Carry on....

• They ran an ad on tv prior to the Alabama primary dealing with the upcoming education vote.

The ad was run in a two page text format with voice overlay.

First page...

Alabama is ranked 52nd in math.

Second page...

Alabama is ranked 49th in reading.

Let's break it down.

First page...

Alabama is a state.

Math --- operations dealing with numbers.

Pick a number between 1 and 50...

Uhmm, 52.

2nd page...

Text --- a format for communication.

Not useful for those that can't read.

And 49, duh.

Only thing I missed is who paid for the ad and who approved that.

Dug a little deeper.

The number 52...

Came from adding in the District of Columbia and the Department of Defense.

When did those two become states and how long until they add those stars to the flag.

The rankings are based on 4th and 8th grade testings across the nation.

Still doing our own thing here in Alabama.

and maybe a cousin or two...

• You point out a nationwide problem IMO. I truly believe that our generation got a better education with a High School Diploma being just about as good as a 4 year college degree now. I have talked to a lot of em and they are damn near barely functioning illiterates. Can’t do math without a calculator, no sense of how our government works, couldn’t find Ukraine on a map, pitiful grammar and can’t spell cat.

BTW - I don’t know how Louisiana snaked ahead of you guys in Alabama - I know we can’t be very far up the totem pole from y’all!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• here's a prime example of how smart college students are becoming these days.

First of all, I understand there are people with different preferences or tendencies, but saying something doesn't change reality. I mean, I can say that I identify as a giraffe but I am clearly not a giraffe, and have no business whatsoever in the giraffe restroom.

We can all fly now!

F*ck you gravity...

Gravity is not just a good idea. It's the law!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When I saw Alabama as 52 in math, my first thought was they were including DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc. etc.

Me too.... but then that is not considered "united states" in the literal sense of the wording but rather North America

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Well I assume they're all going to pay the price after I'm gone. I can't believe how stupid these people are. Okay I'll take it back I can believe how stupid they are with all the liberal professors. This country is heading towards a disaster but I'm probably not going to be around to see it thank God.

• here's a prime example of how smart college students are becoming these days.

Your Not The Only One With This Opinion....

and.. I would agree. I didn't have a phone, tablet, internet - or a computer for that matter until my late 20's. My parents didn't buy Britannica Encyclopedias - they got me a fancy Cullman County Library card.... if I had a report or essay - I had to use my brain to physical look and search - use the Dewey Decimal System and then the Library of Congress - or news articles on micro-films... now, instead of actually using my brain to work all these learned skills.. I only have to use my brain to move my fingers on across a keyboard to get whatever answer, article,news,pictures,locations, addresses,etc.. Could I find a book inside a library now?? Probably not. A number in a telephone book?? Probably so - but it would take a quick refresher on how to search for stores selling Lawn and Gardening supplies... its not just the kids.. its all of us who no longer physically exercise our brains in those areas. We might have one leg up in the race - only because we didn't start out as a digital generation.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I think one of the worst things that is dumbing us down are these damn phones. I’m just as guilty as anybody else - ya wanna know something - look it up on your phone and voila you have the answer BUT do you retain it ?? Once upon a time you had to KNOW the law - now if you have your handy dandy laptop everything you need is at your fingertips. Technology is a wonderful thing but it is a double edged sword.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• don’t forget Bloomberg won American Samoa ....what number is that?

with the gender issue....thinking back on when I was in high school....what normal male didn’t want to go in the girls bathroom or girls locker room to see what we could see. So if by me saying I’m female...it unlocks that door.....just call me bitchdog....

So I see an up coming generation of kids that will be registered sex offenders by the time they graduate.