Sensor for pistol

• To avoid leaving my 10mm in the sling I would like to install a sensor with any sort of buzzer, dinger or bell that would go off once the ignition is turned off. It could be covered by the pistol and then once the pistol is removed it would stop making noise. Just like if you forget to turn off your lights. Any suggestions on what to use and where to get it?

• I haven't ever seen something in the gun community set up this way - and I read and shop around for gun stuff a LOT. I bet a smart electrician could figure out a pressure switch setup, though...my only thought is you'd need to have a holster or other containment hard mounted in the Sling to keep the gun from shifting all over the place - maintain steady pressure on the switch.

If I may, though....why don't you just wear the damn thing?

• To avoid leaving my 10mm in the sling I would like to install a sensor with any sort of buzzer, dinger or bell that would go off once the ignition is turned off. It could be covered by the pistol and then once the pistol is removed it would stop making noise. Just like if you forget to turn off your lights. Any suggestions on what to use and where to get it?

A Magnetic switch would work as long as you have some steel. It would be normally closed, with the pistol installed it would open the circuit. You could also use a micro switch, with or without a small arm. With pistol installed in holster or some other method it would depress the switch. 12 volts to the switch then to a audible alarm or a light

• I have it mounted with a Versacarry. So it is solid were it is next to my right leg. I carry it behind my back so that's why I take it out driving.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Find the right holster, you might not have to take it off. Although that's a damn big gun. But I carry at the 4 o'clock position and almost never disarm for driving.

• Until you come up with something you could temporarily use a marine kill switch lanyard. You would just have to remember to attach it to your belt when you put the pistol in the sling for it to remind you when you get out. :thumbup:

• That is a possibility. An alarm switch would be a bit more high tech. Until I figure out what exactly to use at least a leash would keep me from leaving it in the sling like I did Sunday
    :00008862: Stopped for lunch and forgot to tack it out.

I'm thinking an alarm that is "armed" when the ignition switch is turned off but disabled when the firearm is removed. I don't think that would be very difficult. You just need to decide if an inductive (proximity) switch would work or if you would need a switch that actually touches the firearm. There is probably a way you could wire it in parallel with your ignition switch/relay so you couldn't turn your engine off unless the gun was removed. Then you wouldn't have an annoying/embarrassing alarm going off every time you forgot.

• Pretty much what I did do. On the left side I stuck a very low profile battery alarm with a magnet. Attached a cord to the magnet and have a rubber band going around twice. Clip the rip cord to a belt loop and if I get out chime chime chime. No damage to the sling...