Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• I penned of an email to her over the weekend and then printed it and mailed it as a back up.
    Sorry I am so late - life has been nuts . and if any one knows nuts it is you!

Thank you Brother! No argument here - I'm nucking futs... Sure makes life easier! :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Hey Tripod. Just got a very nice letter from your daughter and she mentions how much mail she has received from all the Slingshot owners. Nice of her to take the time to send a thank you letter and just wanted to pass that on to you and all the people that have written to her. Says she is staying busy at the hospital working long hours and appreciates any prayers for strength. What a great young lady! I know I will continue to lift her in prayer daily and ask any others that believe to do the same. Where would we be without people like her?

• Hey Tripod. Just got a very nice letter from your daughter and she mentions how much mail she has received from all the Slingshot owners. Nice of her to take the time to send a thank you letter and just wanted to pass that on to you and all the people that have written to her. Says she is staying busy at the hospital working long hours and appreciates any prayers for strength. What a great young lady! I know I will continue to lift her in prayer daily and ask any others that believe to do the same. Where would we be without people like her?

Thank you for sharing that Paul & thanks also for the prayers... Larry

• Hey brother @Tripod I got a very nice letter from your daughter thanking me for the care package. Me and Ayla thought about my youngest one day following in my foot steps and I have to admit...I would be a ball of nervous. Your an awesome dad brother!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Hey brother @Tripod I got a very nice letter from your daughter thanking me for the care package. Me and Ayla thought about my youngest one day following in my foot steps and I have to admit...I would be a ball of nervous. Your an awesome dad brother!

Thank you Brother! Thanks so much for that awesome care package you sent her!!! She is overwhelmed by the support from this amazing group of people. You all ROCK!!!

• @Tripod would love to send Crystal something!!! Any ideas of things she would want? What kind of candy or treats she would like...that won't melt? I loved what @NatomasSlingshot1 sent....great idea!! My Grandpa & Dad both served; starting in the Navy and retiring from the Army.....and I would love to support your daughter who is serving for us!!! Let me know what you can think of!!

• @Tripod would love to send Crystal something!!! Any ideas of things she would want? What kind of candy or treats she would like...that won't melt? I loved what @NatomasSlingshot1 sent....great idea!! My Grandpa & Dad both served; starting in the Navy and retiring from the Army.....and I would love to support your daughter who is serving for us!!! Let me know what you can think of!!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your family's service. I sent Crystal a text, will post when I hear back. She's 10-1/2 hours ahead of me (yep, really! 10-1/2! Weird... ?( )

• Thank you so much! I appreciate your family's service. I sent Crystal a text, will post when I hear back. She's 10-1/2 hours ahead of me (yep, really! 10-1/2! Weird... ?( )

@SundreSlingQueen @NotHisSling2015

Okay, just got texts from Crystal, will just copy & paste her desires here, so it's verbatim:

"Here are some things that would be awesome:

these chips rock...
    -a supply of chocolate covered espresso bean to munch on during my long 24 hour shifts would he greatly appreciated.
    -kashee chocolate chip chia seed granola bars are yummy
    -any kind of healthy snack care package type deal is great
    -quest craving protein peanut butter cups are awesome too...

-Also if someone wants to send me chocolate almond milk in 8oz containers that would be great too!
    -food is awesome at this point! I don't have time for much else with as busy as we've been."

So there you have it!

A huge heartfelt thanks to all of you from Crystal & I for all that all of you have done & are continuing to do. God bless our troops! My next post, will be quoting more texts from Crystal...

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Okay, just got these sobering texts from Crystal. This is the kind of stuff you don't hear about in what passes for news in the mainstream media... This is so sad...

"Been a busy day. Taking care of our one patient all day, then had a 5 person mass casualty. The sickest one I helped care for...died in the OR after a huge effort to save him and we thought we were in the clear to do so, then he crumped and we never got him back. It was so frustrating and devastating. The other 3 we transferred out and the last one got surgery and is in ICU now.

We responded to the patients arriving within 5 minutes of getting our pages. It was much faster than our drills.

The one that passed had been shot through the left side of the chest. It went thru his spleen, lung, diaphragm and the wedged in the spine on the X-ray and the bullet was still fully intact which was really weird...they usually come apart some or mushroom out. It was a big bullet.

Tell everyone thank u so much from me & my team. Love u dad. Gonna get some sleep. Been working for 17 hrs...time for a nap!!!"

• Her map came in today. I'll be mailing to the sandbox tomorrow. I hope she puts a pin from every letter that she gets. The letters will last a lifetime.

• LTJG Crystal Rath
    • NATO Role 3 MMU
    • Kandahar Airfield
    • APO, AE 09355
    • United States

This makes my heart full. What a great group. I've done 5 deployments on the water, and my wife did one on the ground in Iraq, and it's support like this that makes it bearable. From a vet who's been there, thanks.

On a fun note, if it hasn't been mentioned, check out http://www.minimus.biz. Great store, and they ship free to FPO/APO addresses, last I knew.

• Crystal's team & what she has to say about them... (Crystal front & center in photo)

"And this is my team that I work with (my shift per say)...we call ourselves "Team Minion" and are wearing minion OR caps in this picture. I have a pretty awesome team!"

• That is one very strong and courageous young lady sir. She must have had one hell of a good father figure.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Things happen quickly in this community...

This morning, Crystal expressed a desire to have a portable inexpensive rechargeable Bluetooth speaker to use while she's in the sandbox. (I've given 2 to her & her hubby but she didn't want to bring the small Bose & damage it; the other one produces amazing sound but is large & heavy & is AC only).

@MACAWS & I have collaborated & we have already ordered her a JBL Flip 3 & a hardshell carrying case. Thanks, Brother!!! :):):)

Edited 2 times, last by Tripod ().