Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Where you staying at in Kentucky?

Going down for "Slingshots Storm the Mountians" --- will be staying in Big Stone Gap, VA. Sounds like there will be about 250 Slingshots down there for the time. The rally/ride is for the weekend --- Fri, Sat, Sun....couple of us going down few days early/

• Saw this yesterday, prices really coming down already!

May be an image of car and text that says '10:34 Autotrader ।২ Results < Previous Next 91 views Used 2021 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Preferred Cpe w/ Z51 Performance Package GREAT PRICE Compare Share Save $70,000 See estimated payment 000 975 miles Red Exterior Tan Leather Seats autotrader.com'

Damn I'm old, I remember as a young man looking at the top of the line Corvette on the local dealers showroom floor and thinking that it was outrageous that they were asking 11k for a chevy - - - my fathers 1971 Porsche had only been 7k =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Going down for "Slingshots Storm the Mountians" --- will be staying in Big Stone Gap, VA. Sounds like there will be about 250 Slingshots down there for the time. The rally/ride is for the weekend --- Fri, Sat, Sun....couple of us going down few days early/

Okay thanks and few from Georgia may be heading that way also, but nothing confirmed at this time?

• EjFord have you heard anything about maybe a cancelling of the Kentucky even do to all the flooding with roads washing out and mudslides and evacuations going on in areas of the event?? I don't do Facebooking?

The latest word is every thing is still a go... I talked to the Motel and little wet but no flooding by them as of today. Leader on face book lives in that area and at this point all is OK.

• I had a 1977 Corvette 350 4 speed, 178 wopping horse power. My Slingshot would have ate it for lunch....

yea - the cars of the mid 70's and the de tuning and smog crap pretty much sucked - - - I would say that my Slingshot would easily be at the top of the list of the cars I have owned from a power to weight ratio point of view.

• I purchased a 1976 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am while stationed in West Berlin in the mid-70s. Ordered it thru the Post Exchange and had to have the cats removed before having it shipped from the USA and had to have them reinstalled as soon as I picked it when reassigned back to the States. Its 400ci V8 was rated at 200 HP, IIRC, and it had a 2.41 rear differential. Acceleration wasn't that great, but it could do 100 mph all day since it only needed 3000 rpm at that speed. There was only one road in Berlin where I could drive that fast, but it was on my way to work so I took it daily. IIRC, it was the A4 Autobahn and had a large spectator stand since it had been used for races. Driving downtown at night, it drew a lot of attention. I didn't order the Firebird Hood Decal, but I'm sure it would have drawn even more attention had I ordered the decal.

Even with the reduced output of the cat-equipped cars of the time, it was fun to drive even with the 2.41 rear-end and great for long trips.

I had originally looked at econo cars, but realized that for a similar priced with a handling package on the econo cars, I could get a Trans AM. I called my Wife at her USAF work site and told her I had decided on a Trans Am. I heard laughter in the background when she asked what a Trans Am was!

• Derailed again (sorry), but I just had to chime in and sit here wondering what if I had had the money to afford it and the space to store one of my prized toys I had. It's a toss-up from the 1967 Pontiac Firebird 4 speed that I bought with a blown (threw a rod through the oil pan and dented to cross member when it took out the entire block) and I replaced it with a 455. I'm SO lucky that didn't put me into an early grave. It was the fastest ride I ever had (back then there wasn't too much else to compare it to). A few years later, I had my dream ride. A 1970 Challenger Se R/T that had a 440 Six pack automatic, vinyl roof and leather interior. Sure would have been nice to roll one of those two out of a garage today and take them out for weekend rides. But a couple thousand dollars back then was about the same as a million dollars today.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My sister had a 1971 Z28 Camaro - 350 small block with 350 hp came with a hurst shifter - reliably turned low 13's in the 1/4 mile on a Tuesday night at Irwindale drag strip and one friend I let try even managed a high 12's - - - My sister went on a World Campus afloat college thing where she was gone on a ship for almost a year and when she was gone my parents had me use this car so for all practical purposes this was my first 4 wheeled vehicle

Shortly after she did return I used $2800 to by my actual first car, a 1964 Porsche 356C - - not nearly as fast in a straight line as the Camaro but handled like it was on rails and was a total blast up on the twisties of Angeles Crest highway - - - we did actually take it out to the drag strip one Tuesday night (we took everything out to the drag strip) - best the little flat 4 could do in the 1/4 mile was in the 18's

To be 100% honest the little Slingshot I have now is much more fun than either of these cars was - from a power to weight ratio point of view it has more power than the Z28 and it easily handles as good or better than the Porsche and I get that wind in my hair feeling that I only ever had with the motorcycles I rode in my youth - and on top of it all the the Slingshot is way more reliable than ant of those vehicles ever was.

I love my Slingshot :love:

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().