Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• :thumbsup: I've been losing weight beyond what any of the meds I'm taking can account for. My Dr is trying to figure out hat's going on now. Buffets aren't really my problem, but I love to eat most spicy Chinese dishes. Since my Wife isn't here, I've even been using frozen dinners to provide some measure of portion control, typically 2 to just over 3 carbs/meal. Even if I were to eat 2 of them at the same meal, I'd still be maintaining my carb consumption around 6 carbs or less per meal. I've lost over 30 lbs since last summer, just don't understand how.

Sometimes it's just age???? Was for me.

• DKF'S Slingshot Experience 2022 . Rushed trip but fun, 1400 miles each way and back in 5 days . they sure like their stereos and led's in Houston . The friday night ride was over a couple hundred Slingshots right down through the big Club Strip, it was quite a sight

kev - I was there too. Don't know how I missed you.

Oh yeah, 400+ SS there Friday and 700+ Saturday led me not to go on any of the "official" rides.

• DKF'S Slingshot Experience 2022 . Rushed trip but fun, 1400 miles each way and back in 5 days . they sure like their stereos and led's in Houston . The friday night ride was over a couple hundred Slingshots right down through the big Club Strip, it was quite a sight

kev - I was there too. Don't know how I missed you.

Oh yeah, 400+ SS there Friday and 700+ Saturday led me not to go on any of the "official" rides.

Heh chavey2 yah it was a fast in and out for me , couldnt be away from the shop for too long by 2;30 Saturday afternoon I was on the road home again lol

• if you are doing very few carbs as you say the weight loss seems rather normal. Some years back I went on an extremely low carb diet and I was totally slamming all of the meat and fat I could get and despite eating like a pig I lost like 40 pounds. Carbs are the easiest fuel for the body to burn and if you eat carbs and fat the body will burn the carbs and store the fat. When you eliminate the carbs the body has no choice but to burn the fat.

I only started really paying attention to carbs a few months ago and had lost around 18 lbs before that. I've always found it difficult trying to lose weight, but this weight loss seems to have been relatively effortless, so I'd like to know why.

• I made it down there long enough to look at the Slingshots parked in the show area and to talk to

Dave@DDMWorks about a possible 4-wheel conversion if I can't get my darned belt aligned properly. I think I managed to get my belt tension loosened so it wasn't excessively tight, but now my belt alignment seems to be even worse than it was before.X( I also got a look at a Slingshot with DDMWorks' 4-wheel kit.

It took me three attempts to get my belt to settle. For my adjustments I found that simply manually spinning the wheel doesn't give a true track. From my experience a good 10 mile or better ride under real world driving with some spirited jaunts was necessary to get the belt in it's true track. The good news is once you do it and get a direction of where you need to go it becomes a much faster and easier process. The end result is well worth it.

• It took me three attempts to get my belt to settle. For my adjustments I found that simply manually spinning the wheel doesn't give a true track. From my experience a good 10 mile or better ride under real world driving with some spirited jaunts was necessary to get the belt in it's true track. The good news is once you do it and get a direction of where you need to go it becomes a much faster and easier process. The end result is well worth it.

After 6 attempts at aligning the belt and having each attempt end in the darned thing moving to the right during the test ride and dealing with a belt tension that didn't want to loosen, I finally got the belt tension to where I think I want it, but I won't know for sure until I get the rear wheel back on the ground. After each ride and cool-down, the belt tension was till under 1/2" and I want it around 3/4". Unfortunately, after reducing the belt tension, the belt now consistently rides on the right side of the pulley and I can't seem to get the thing to move to the left. I've tightened the pivot shaft as much as I can and still can't get the belt to shift back towards left of center on the pulley. The only positive is I'm getting faster going thru the adjustment process.;)

I don't want to go to a dealer to have everything checked, but I may get desperate...

• After 6 attempts at aligning the belt and having each attempt end in the darned thing moving to the right during the test ride and dealing with a belt tension that didn't want to loosen, I finally got the belt tension to where I think I want it, but I won't know for sure until I get the rear wheel back on the ground. After each ride and cool-down, the belt tension was till under 1/2" and I want it around 3/4". Unfortunately, after reducing the belt tension, the belt now consistently rides on the right side of the pulley and I can't seem to get the thing to move to the left. I've tightened the pivot shaft as much as I can and still can't get the belt to shift back towards left of center on the pulley. The only positive is I'm getting faster going thru the adjustment process.;)

I don't want to go to a dealer to have everything checked, but I may get desperate...

Thats the issue I originally had. The manual states to loosen the nut then retorque to something like 20ft lbs before adjusting the pivot shaft. Doing this my belt never moved and stayed to the outboard side even if I tightened the pivot shaft all the way. I loosened the nut then just tightened to finger tight, touching, (no wrench). then adjusted the pivot shaft. When I got the belt to ride where it states flavoring the inboard side I then torqued the nut to (if I recall) 195 ft lbs.

Even at that my belt slowly creeped back till after 3 attempts and today it's still holding the correct track.

Hope this helps.

• Thats the issue I originally had. The manual states to loosen the nut then retorque to something like 20ft lbs before adjusting the pivot shaft. Doing this my belt never moved and stayed to the outboard side even if I tightened the pivot shaft all the way. I loosened the nut then just tightened to finger tight, touching, (no wrench). then adjusted the pivot shaft. When I got the belt to ride where it states flavoring the inboard side I then torqued the nut to (if I recall) 195 ft lbs.

Even at that my belt slowly creeped back till after 3 attempts and today it's still holding the correct track.

Hope this helps.

That's basically what I did each time. Once I tried following the Service Manual exactly and tried snugging the pivot shaft to 20 ft-lb before tightening the pivot shaft nut to 195 ft-lb, but tightening the pivot shaft affects the belt alignment. The one thing I noticed when tightening the pivot shaft nut is the pivot shaft itself wants to turn, too. I finally resorted to trying to keep the pivot shaft from turning while I tightened the pivot shaft nut.

I'm currently researching some legal issues in hopes of keeping my driver's license, so it may be a few more days until I get back around to the Slingshot.

• Our 2020 Slingshot was out at the 2022 Slingexperience, had a great time, was able to meet up with BKL and also do some installs on chavey2 Slingshot. This is the only event I ever get to go on rides, so a small group of us went on Sunday morning to see some of the local murals and take some pics also. I will be posting some more pics up in the 2022 Slingexperience thread - Ddmworks at Slingexperience 2022

• SO, to be clear, Crystal clear, the DDM Slingshot is BLUE! Nuff said!!😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SO, to be clear, Crystal clear, the DDM Slingshot is BLUE! Nuff said!!😎

I suspect the blue 2020 is not their only Slingshot 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My two youngest grandkids. Had Easter dinner today. Five Grandkids, Stepdaughter, Stepson, one Granddaughters boyfriend. The slingshot was running all day with some getting in line for multiple rids. I was sunburnt but days end. It was a big hit!

• My two youngest grandkids. Had Easter dinner today. Five Grandkids, Stepdaughter, Stepson, one Granddaughters boyfriend. The slingshot was running all day with some getting in line for multiple rids. I was sunburnt but days end. It was a big hit!

You bought it to put SMILES on faces --- sometimes yours and sometimes the kids.

• Took a ride out to Cowtown AZ with the Elks Riders motorcycle club. Cowtown is actually Stanfield, AZ which has way more cows than people. Its a great bar to socialize and make friends. Fortunately, there are still places with cows, as the building boom in AZ is slowly and consistently edging out cows and agriculture from the state. But, I still love it here. We sill have horse properties where I reside.