Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Brother Frankie..........

Is it a bitch installing the white letters?

How tall are they?

You bet, its a wicked bitch. Hah! Actually not that bad but not fun either. It's tedious as they are not white letters but painted on using an oil based sharpie and a sharpie black permanent marker. I used the white oil based medium point marker to go over each tire one at a time then by the time I did all three they were dry enough to go over again. Did each one three times and finally cleaned up the edges with the black sharpie. It's been a few weeks, maybe a couple months and they seem to be holding up fine. I think if along the way they have issues I can just do a quick touch up. Time will tell? For some reason white letter tires just look good.

Someone else posted they do use white letter stickers. It's another option that may be easier and last longer? Not sure but either way, once done they do look great!

• You bet, its a wicked bitch. Hah! Actually not that bad but not fun either. It's tedious as they are not white letters but painted on using an oil based sharpie and a sharpie black permanent marker. I used the white oil based medium point marker to go over each tire one at a time then by the time I did all three they were dry enough to go over again. Did each one three times and finally cleaned up the edges with the black sharpie. It's been a few weeks, maybe a couple months and they seem to be holding up fine. I think if along the way they have issues I can just do a quick touch up. Time will tell? For some reason white letter tires just look good.

Someone else posted they do use white letter stickers. It's another option that may be easier and last longer? Not sure but either way, once done they do look great!

Auto Zone had the actual tire paint sticks as I call them. Back in the day (1964-1966) I used regular Testors model paint. I liked the gold color and applied with the small artist paint brushes.. I just remembered that J C Whitney had the regular paint sticks to do this with. My dad was not into cars but he sure liked the wire wheel hub caps and the painted tires on the 1964 Comet that I installed.

• Out and about. With a final stop at the local VFW for a hoagie day. My local VFW puts out really good food at great prices. I usually slip them a few extra bucks because it's such a great deal! I Just got home in time as the rain was approaching with a cold front!

• Frankie55 Tell Bailey Zoe says that is ok. She goes in the house as soon as I start the Slingshot. I spent a bunch of money on a harness system for her to ride and when the engine started she wanted out. She love to ride in the Jeep and Susan's car and will dig a hole in the yard when she doesn't get to go, but there is no way she is going to be around a running Slingshot. When I get home and shut it off she comes and sits right beside it to greet me and get her petting.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Frankie55 Tell Bailey Zoe says that is ok. She goes in the house as soon as I start the Slingshot. I spent a bunch of money on a harness system for her to ride and when the engine started she wanted out. She love to ride in the Jeep and Susan's car and will dig a hole in the yard when she doesn't get to go, but there is no way she is going to be around a running Slingshot. When I get home and shut it off she comes and sits right beside it to greet me and get her petting.

Exactly!

• There are many times the sound of my bride disturbs the sweet purr of my engine - “it’s cold, it’s hot, stereo to loud, slow down, I gotta pee, I’m hungry, is it gonna rain”. If I could ever work those kinks out all in the world would be good :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill Martin I have found the turning off of my hearing aids will take care of a great deal of your concerns😜

Now here’s a little something you may want to consider, watch for the construction zones - they have the cleanest blue rooms out in the middle of nowhere…just saying 🙂

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• With the larger luggage that I have for our upcoming Death Valley / Vegas trip and not having any wheels on it I bought one of these. This thing fits perfect right behind my seat in the compartment and when you stick it in there it’s almost like it disappears. Going to make a life a lot easier!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().