Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Now you have to see her sister, Darlington.

So, went there 4 years ago. I had a room in a brand new little hotel about 10-15 minutes away.

We parked across the street from the box office at the track.

All was good, until the Will Call window girl.

She was a cute thing with a big smile.

That smile went from incredible, to an angry scowl at me and Terry when she saw our Connecticut ID's.

She left the window immediately.

Another guy from behind the glass came over after our line was stalled. He got our tickets in 5 seconds.

Kinda strange in this day and age.

Then, at the end of the race......

We get into my truck and get in one of the lines to leave. Two lines, one to go right, and one to go left.

Lines were long but they moved fairly well.

As we get up to the road, the cop directing traffic stops the line on the road to let us out.

Then, he stops the guy to the left of me.

He points his finger at me, and motions I go left. I had my turn signal on to go right.

So I point back at him, and indicate I need to go right.

He shakes his head no pointing left, walks over and screams at us "I said to go left!!"

So I did.

I look in the mirror, and the cars behind me in line all got to go right.

Our 10 minute trip back, turned into 2 hours!

Terry said to me "If we ever come back here, we need to rent a car with South Carolina plates!"

I think one and done there is good for me!!

(Shoulda told the cop I'm a huge Arkansas fan, and my Dad was raised in Fort Smith!)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• The Galveston trip was fun! Definitely more about sound/lights than group rides etc... but I'd go again. Party scene at night and hanging out with sling folk is always fun! Saw some pretty cool slings while there too and got more ideas of things you can do to these (as if I needed more)!

Started with stop in Lampasas/Kempner area to see my brother and mother for a few days. Mom got a ride in the sling and loved it! She gets why we have it now!

We got to Crystal Beach on Tuesday with my son and I, then the wife flew into Houston on Wednesday - even started Thursday. The ferry between Port Bolvar (sp?) and galveston island was challenging at times.... Either quick 30-45 min wait (drove on once) or up to 3 hours depending on traffic. Made it hard to plan when we were going to be at event and meals at VRBO, but we figured it out. I still think we are more go than show compared to this group and was hoping for more riding, that said we'd go back. The wives had a blast and we enjoyed the slingshot drinks (Long island minus coke/tea, replace with OJ + pineapple and smudge of grenadine). A few pics from the event

• Y’all are having a lot of fun. I’m still cruising around in my Semi to a lot of places I can’t wait to take my Sling. Just played around in southern Oregan and here next week will be in California. Soon home to hopefully get one or two more rides on the Sling. Trying to talk the little lady to go somewhere warm for Christmas and ride 🤞

• This is a few more pics of LaSal mountain road

What a beautiful place Utah please zoom in to get better view

I have been on that road more times than I can count...It is really beautiful. Utah is my favorite place to ride... If you have time I would recommend Highway 12 through part of the grand staircase on the way to Brice Canyon and Zion Parks... One of my favorites. Not sure how you feel about dirt, but this road has about a 3 mile stretch of dirt switchbacks that is also an awesome ride.... https://www.dangerousroads.org…783-mokee-dugway-usa.html

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Lunch in lake Elsinore

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Was wondering if there is any good riding near the Orlando FL area my Lady and I might come down in Dec?

Just get as FAR out of town as you can. We spend time in Jan in the Port Charlotte area, not near the traffic and you can get out into the country... Just mostly flat.

• Just get as FAR out of town as you can. We spend time in Jan in the Port Charlotte area, not near the traffic and you can get out into the country... Just mostly flat.

I spent two separate weeks riding around in Flordia back in the 1970's. I would pull up to a traffic light/stop sign and just flip a coin to see which way I was going to go. I saw some pretty places but I can not tell you how to get there. I was riding the 1975 Gold Wing at the time.

• Was wondering if there is any good riding near the Orlando FL area my Lady and I might come down in Dec?

If your in the area, you can waste an hour or two on Nova Rd, State Road 5A. It runs across Deseret Ranch, which is owned by the Mormon Church. There is not one single light or stop sign. No businesses and no on or off roads. Just two lanes, cattle, a few trailer houses and cowboys. There is a lot of wild life, if you're lucky. Many hawks and eagles. There is very little traffic, so plenty of time to watch for wildlife. You just have to be in the right place at the right time. Just DO NOT go wandering around. The Mormons do not take kindly to anyone on their land (the road is fine) without their OK. A fellow was fishing on the west side of the property and strayed onto Mormon land and was fishing in one of the small lakes. Up rode two "cowboys" complete with rifles in scabbards. Long story short, he ended up doing community service for "trespassing" Chances are, you will never even see them. Google "deseret ranch Florida".

Just be careful driving in Central Florida. It's almost a whole other country.