Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Took our 2021 R Slingshot /Manual Transmission on a 199 mile ride with the Elks Riders in AZ. Nice Ride and even had a 2nd Slingshot a 2021 SL Manual ride with us. Went to the River Bottom Grill for breakfast and the Eloy Skydiving Jump School to watch the skydiving and then to Raceway Bar and Grill in Maricopa. Great Day!!

• Took a ride back to the area I grew up (central PA) to visit Mom & Dad, 300+ mile trip. Their in assisted living, I did get the opportunity to take Mom in the sling. She loved it & can't stop talking about it! I think she wants one!

Then to the town I grew up. Kulpmont PA. This is the area just behind my old back yard. The woods go for miles. As a kid we would hike the trails and old mine roads every day. The best fun you could have. I'll bet 100% all those trails and old roads are grown in and unused. Youth today are missing out on so much adventure!

• Short ride around the back roads of Elma, IA. Amish worship service must have been over. Passed at least a dozen one horse buggies in clumps of two and three. Slowed WAY DOWN to pass. Courtesy. PLUS a spooked horse is worse than a mad bull.

One of the buggies had three little kids looking out and waving like crazy. I would have stopped and offered a ride or at least a look, but I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad would not have been happy. They have their believes, and every one of then that I have ever been around were good people. They don't preach and I don't push my ways on them. For all I know, they could be right.

• Short ride around the back roads of Elma, IA. Amish worship service must have been over. Passed at least a dozen one horse buggies in clumps of two and three. Slowed WAY DOWN to pass. Courtesy. PLUS a spooked horse is worse than a mad bull.

One of the buggies had three little kids looking out and waving like crazy. I would have stopped and offered a ride or at least a look, but I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad would not have been happy. They have their believes, and every one of then that I have ever been around were good people. They don't preach and I don't push my ways on them. For all I know, they could be right.

They would love a ride. They can ride, just can't operate a gas powered vehicle.

The area I grew up in has a lot of Amish. They are hard working, courteous, always wave and smile, and bake really good stuff! I always show the same and slow way down in known areas and especially when approaching horse drawn buggies or when approaching on bicycles.

We have many Amish around where I live. Mostly this area, and south and west. We have an Amish store run and owned by Amish 7 miles away. Per their ways, there are differences in the store. It has skylights, and Propane powered lights in the building. I'm tall, I can feel when I get close to one, they put off heat. They use meat and cheese cutters that look conventional. However, they are air powered, they use wind and propane to power compressors to run the cutters. While the use of gas is frowned upon, they do allow exceptions. This store, and several greenhouses around that they own use gas powered weed eaters. And go figure, diesel is OK for water pumps and bush hogs.... at least in my area.

• A few years ago when visiting central PA. I bought a bicycle from an Amish shop. Believe it or not they sell upper end bicycles. The shop used overhead propane lighting much like the old coleman lanterns.

• We did a 150ish mile ride today. I had a new tire put on this week for the rear. I got 4 miles from home and told my wife, "I didn't check the air in the tire before we left". I figured we would be fine. I usually run 25 PSI give or take (lower pressure, lower down force). I didn't go back home to check it, but soon I felt "oddities" in the rear. At one point, I was running 50ish, accelerating (with supercharger) in 4th and changed lanes. I had my foot about 1/3 into it. Sling went sideways! I thought this was the film on the new tire, so next stop I hit it a bit in 1st and 2nd. That helped. But at least 3 times later, it was weird in the rear for the tire for traction. Cornering was very noticeable. We got home, and I checked it right away. Digital was dead, just flashed. Went old school to the ones used 30 years ago, but only scaled to 50 psi, but likely taps out around 60 psi without markings. This tire pegged the gauge hard! I assume the tire store used the high pressure to seat the bead, and forgot to reset it. After changing the oil, and resetting the rear tire to 26 psi, I went for a ride. All is well, it sticks like it's supposed too!

• whent into a furniture store up in Washington State about 25 or so years ago - in the back of the store they had a very large section of furniture that was supposed to all have been made by Amish furniture builders - - I can tell you that stuff was built to last very heavy and solid and easy to tell it was all solid hand cut wood

Actually thought about buying one of the desks, it was great, but the shipping would have cost a small fortune

In all of the years since that day I have never seen any store selling that kind of furniture again, and I must admit I have still never figured out why a store in Washing State even had Amish built furniture - - - are there actually Amish in WA???

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have had that problem at tire stores myself. Once I checked the tire pressure after getting home from the tire store and there was 85 psi in all four tires on the car. So now I have digital tire gauges in each vehicle to check the pressures after I leave any service center. Try driving your car wih 85 psi in the tires, I do not advice anyone to do this. We were just having this same conversation yesterday

• whent into a furniture store up in Washington State about 25 or so years ago - in the back of the store they had a very large section of furniture that was supposed to all have been made by Amish furniture builders - - I can tell you that stuff was built to last very heavy and solid and easy to tell it was all solid hand cut wood

Actually thought about buying one of the desks, it was great, but the shipping would have cost a small fortune

In all of the years since that day I have never seen any store selling that kind of furniture again, and I must admit I have still never figured out why a store in Washing State even had Amish built furniture - - - are there actually Amish in WA???

Just across the street from where I bought the bicycle (above). There was an Amish lumber mill and furniture builder. I'll bet they made great furniture but no way to tell for sure in the market? Perhaps next time I go to that area I'll stop in to check it out.

You're too far away, but if you google "Amish furniture Harmony MN" you see some really great furniture from 3 or 4 different places.