Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Well hopefully you, the family, and property stays safe!

Gotta say though, it's still a purty view and I bet it sounded nice too...

I’m high enough I’m gonna be fine but Waynesville is catching hell - flooding everywhere - my creek empties into Jonathan Creek and it is way out of its banks - ALL heading to Waynesville and Clyde - tomorrow morning is gonna be tough on us hillbillies and yes my creek is ROARING loud - best sound to go to sleep to ever 😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I’m high enough I’m gonna be fine but Waynesville is catching hell - flooding everywhere - my creek empties into Jonathan Creek and it is way out of its banks - ALL heading to Waynesville and Clyde - tomorrow morning is gonna be tough on us hillbillies and yes my creek is ROARING loud - best sound to go to sleep to ever 😂

But is your property high enough?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• That tire paint is looking sharp Sir! Nice!

That tire paint is really sharp looking. I would try it myself but then you would all know I am still running stock.

3GunSteve Inspired by you! So far it's holding well. I haven't used tire shine yet. I really like the look. It's like new sneakers all the time! Due a new rear tire due soon, Not sure, looking at Nitto, but that's another thread.

• We took out this morning for an early ride. Was supposed to get up around 90, and with the humidity here in Indiana, we planned to be back early afternoon. Well, the humidity wasn't all that bad, it did get hot though. We ended up riding over 300 miles. We rode about 75 miles of mostly 1 1/2 lane wide back roads, many with canopy of trees that met from one side to the other. We rode one of my favorite roads, one that I've not been on for a couple years (IN 62, Chief Whitehead Trail). The road was mostly redone in the past year, so great condition overall. Basically I rode from home in Lynn, In, to Madison, In (think Regatta speed boat races over the 4th of July) and back in a very roundabout way. Didn't take a single pic, but had a great ride and a great time with just me and my wife of nearly 43 years. :)

OK, pic so y'all don't feel shorted. This is of our 10 day, nearly 4,000 mile trip to SD, WY, and Montana about a month ago. 7 Slingshots were there, several members from this forum were with us. I had the top on for the trip, but shows our Slingshot well from the front ( 35k, Supercharged, still doing flawless bjk81 ). Oh, and that's my close friend's wife (Also a close friend) that was very excited about the buffalo! ( Detective6811 )

• We took out this morning for an early ride. Was supposed to get up around 90, and with the humidity here in Indiana, we planned to be back early afternoon. Well, the humidity wasn't all that bad, it did get hot though. We ended up riding over 300 miles. We rode about 75 miles of mostly 1 1/2 lane wide back roads, many with canopy of trees that met from one side to the other. We rode one of my favorite roads, one that I've not been on for a couple years (IN 62, Chief Whitehead Trail). The road was mostly redone in the past year, so great condition overall. Basically I rode from home in Lynn, In, to Madison, In (think Regatta speed boat races over the 4th of July) and back in a very roundabout way. Didn't take a single pic, but had a great ride and a great time with just me and my wife of nearly 43 years. :)

OK, pic so y'all don't feel shorted. This is of our 10 day, nearly 4,000 mile trip to SD, WY, and Montana about a month ago. 7 Slingshots were there, several members from this forum were with us. I had the top on for the trip, but shows our Slingshot well from the front ( 35k, Supercharged, still doing flawless bjk81 ). Oh, and that's my close friend's wife (Also a close friend) that was very excited about the buffalo! ( Detective6811 )

Love the hood cut out like that.Wish I was brave / talented enough to do mine.Good looking Sling!

• Red lion NJ. Talked to a person there. He said he believes this was an old general store.

Edit: Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite actors. Remember the movie in which they painted every building in the town red? High Plains Drifter. Good thing I didn't stay long!=O

• Love the hood cut out like that.Wish I was brave / talented enough to do mine.Good looking Sling!

Thank you! I can't take credit for the cut.... that was done at the legend's house Painter (who did the first ever of these that I know of, and many since) with him overseeing SlingRider while he cut it. This hood was pristine, zero flaws. My old hood had a couple of hard chips when I bought it. I can only take credit for the labor of taking it all apart, readying it for prep and paint (all the black is black pearl now on the hood) and applying some of the early stages of paint. We did mine and one other in 2 1/2 days, and the changes on the other Slingshot were much more intensive on the labor and time.

• EricRedSL glad you like your new exhaust! Please tolerate someone who knows just enough sometimes to get themselves in trouble but I am interested in understanding the cat delete pipe. I asked if it was louder because without the cat it’s a straight pipe but you do still have the muffler. Is it just a flow issue? In other words the engines going to breathe better without the cat is that the advantage?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• EricRedSL glad you like your new exhaust! Please tolerate someone who knows just enough sometimes to get themselves in trouble but I am interested in understanding the cat delete pipe. I asked if it was louder because without the cat it’s a straight pipe but you do still have the muffler. Is it just a flow issue? In other words the engines going to breathe better without the cat is that the advantage?

I have no personal experience with this, but I have read several posts over the years by people who swear the best sounding exhaust they have heard on the Slingshot was the stock muffler with the cat delete pipe - to me this would indicate that the cat delete pipe must make some difference in the tone - I believe FunCycle is one of the members here I have seen talk about this - - - perhaps he can chime in and tell you what you want to know

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Yes SoCal that is what it is all about. Which is also the reason that I bypassed the internal cat in the muffler. If it were not the flow we could run a one inch exhaust pipe. (THAT IS A JOKE PEOPLE)

• Well I took Sally to the dealer for her rear wheel stud recall. I left early as my appoint was at 3 and I thought I might miss the storms they were calling for. Well the sky opened up and buckets of rain fell. It rained so hard I could hardly see where my turn off the highway in the dealership was. First thing I did was reach over and turn off all the nannies but even slowing down I couldn't see and there was no where to pull over. Well I stood around in the airconditioned show room dripping like a drowned rat. Sally passed their test and I was back on the road again. Willie wasn't with me. Only about 8 miles home and only a light rain. About 4 miles down the road and the bottom dropped out again and the wind howled. Lots of standing water on the road and due to a lot of oncoming traffic I couldn't dodge the puddles on the right side of the road. Was slowed way down because I could hardly see and even with my glasses on the rain was hurting my eyes. Couldn't use the face shield on my helmet as it is dark tinted and to dark to see with it at 4 in the afternoon. Made it home but was cold and wet. Both my hearing aids are in op. All in all it did not wipe the smile from my face and if I could have seen ok I would have enjoyed the ride.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

I'm not a mechanic. I bought the cat delete to try and reduce the passenger heat. Also, was hoping to get alittle performance boost. Can't really remember if I got any of those since I put it on in 2016. Wife never complained about cabin heat after installing along with polaris heat kit.