Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Took an 82 mile loop down to Portland and back. Wife is mostly using a walker and wheelchair so when we ride (everyday), she is stuck in the ss. She loves to ride and never complains. Been married 52 years so I'm taking care of her.

Geeezzz U B A real Northern Maineac!☺️ Guys like you that own slingshots in an environment where you can only ride them about a third of the time are the true believers! Good for you!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Speaking from my point of view I just don’t know how a person you have been with somebody for 30, 40, 50 years - you can’t stick by em long as they draw breath. I know mytoy and I have said more than once we couldn’t make it without our women. canegrinder - I will throw up a prayer to the big guy for your bride’s recovery. Bless ya brother !!!

Thank You Bill!

• DJohnson She is not home yet. She is supposed to be released in 2 weeks. They want to put her in long time care. I told them that I did not want her in a Nurseing home. If they try to do that it will be over my dead body I want her home with me.

Sending prayers your way.

• Brought the Slingshot along on a 5 day get away with the grandkids

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• The Captain & I got up & took off about 6:30 am, headed toward Huntsville.

Lovely morning out AR 74! We stopped at Granny's Kitchen for breakfast.

The Captain says, what are you talking a picture for? I explained that many folks on the forum take pics when we're out riding with our best girls! 😉

The Captain objects, "Your not even taking a picture of me!"

Knowing that she is camera shy, I immediately fix this, and then refuse to delete it! 😁

The rest of the ride is delightful, down AR 23 (north half of the Pig Trail), then home to Elkins on AR 16. About 65 miles round trip, then home before the day got too hot!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Well, this is a 3-part post.

1) Friday I stopped by to visit a close friend who suddenly and unexpectedly lost his wife last weekend. She went to high school with my wife and wasn't yet 60 years of age. He is at the lowest low of his life and he's been dealt some serious shit-sandwiches along the way with his own health. I've been stopping in every couple of days and Friday I took the Sling. I was headed down to the title company to pick up a check for the sale of the last of the lots I still owned in a subdivision I completed in December 2008. HALLELUJAH!!! I asked Jeff if he wanted to go for a ride and he was ready to get out of the house. I swear to God the Sling put a smile on his face before we turned the first corner. Several drivers interacted with him in the passenger seat as we cruised through town, complimenting and asking about the Sling. He had never taken a ride with me before since several of his 'mishaps' involved vehicle crashes and he was forbidden to ride anything or get into anything exotic. Before we got back to his house we made plans to go to the gun show Saturday, and to hit the twisties and visit another friend in north county on Monday or Tuesday. I'll move over and get him some real wheel-time for the best therapy in the world. Wind therapy via fossil fuel and internal combustion!

2) Yesterday, Saturday we went to the gun show. Nothing to report except it cost $10 for the opportunity to be price gouged. The gun prices were basically double the retail price and there were very few vendors. They did have a decent variety of inventory though so I saw some new guns and manufacturers. I turned down the opportunity to buy the Sig P365XL for $1,149 that I turned down at the local Sportsman Warehouse for $700 earlier this year. Ammo was available and priced similarly. I guess they were looking for the desperate and uneducated. Four of us went and we spent exactly $40 total (plus parking).

3) Still to come. I'll pick Jeff up and we'll head nowhere in particular for time undetermined. I'll try to grab a pic or two along the way. That reminds me, I need to call BryanL to see if he'd like to join us or if retirement has him too busy to ride. We'll be in the 90's the next couple days so getting out in the trees sounds appealing. If no one pays attention and just follows me, we might end up at the coast for lunch.

Enjoy your day y'all and count your blessings. We all know how fleeting life is and how quickly it can change.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• It's great when we can take the time to put a smile on the face of a friend.