Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Frankie55 thank you for all the kind words!

Somewhere prior I have posted about these bags but I was never able to find out exactly who made them. However they have a plastic roll inside that form fits the entire bag and gives it strength and form whether they are empty or full. Later on today I will give it one more try and perhaps pull that plastic insert out and see if there’s anything underneath it that would give me a hint as to what they are. I bought these bags back in 2004-5 I believe, and a little armor all and they look as good as new even today. As I have said in a prior thread I took them off my old motorcycle and put them on here for a trip and liked them so much I never took them off.

Everytime someone mentions those roll bags of yours, I'm always on the edge of my seat in hopes you'll respond with what they are... 😆

I searched for them, a while back and I thought they might be Saddlemen or Viking, but I was never able to narrow it down precisely.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Most of these bags come in three sizes. The tube bags start at about 20 inch long and about 10 inch in dia. This was the size that I built my luggage racks for. A couple of years ago I bought the medium size kind a square bag with the top opening at bike week in Myrtle Beach but they are almost too big I think unless you are going to spend a couple weeks on the road.

• Most of these bags come in three sizes. The tube bags start at about 20 inch long and about 10 inch in dia. This was the size that I built my luggage racks for. A couple of years ago I bought the medium size kind a square bag with the top opening at bike week in Myrtle Beach but they are almost too big I think unless you are going to spend a couple weeks on the road.

completely agree! Every time this subject comes up I am tempted to look for and have on occasion a larger bag for when we take trips. The ones I have now are really convenient but I larger bag for a road trip would be nice. And when you consider 200 to 300 dollars compared to $3500 for the Corbin bags, of which I would love to find a pair at a reasonable price, but I have too much Scottish blood in me to go in that direction right now.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Everytime someone mentions those roll bags of yours, I'm always on the edge of my seat in hopes you'll respond with what they are... 😆

I searched for them, a while back and I thought they might be Saddlemen or Viking, but I was never able to narrow it down precisely.

I feel you on this! I own them. They are about 40 feet from me right now! And I don’t know where they come from! 🤪

On the other hand the slingshot is very angular and the round bags I believe I would switch out if I found a set of bags that were perhaps a little larger and had the angles that would complement the slingshot.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• completely agree! Every time this subject comes up I am tempted to look for and have on occasion a larger bag for when we take trips. The ones I have now are really convenient but I larger bag for a road trip would be nice. And when you consider 200 to 300 dollars compared to $3500 for the Corbin bags, of which I would love to find a pair at a reasonable price, but I have too much Scottish blood in me to go in that direction right now.

I think I gave $20 each for the two tube bags with a bunch of patches on them in Maggie Valley Leather shop and I think it as $65 each for the large bags

• Went to see my 90 year old cousin. Only 20 miles away, but haven't seen him in a year. His assisted living facility was locked down, but if you have a vaccine card, you can now go in.

He gave his car to his son last summer.

Like looking into a crystal ball.

• Not very exciting, but I got to go to the bank today. Thing is, I didn't go to MY bank, I instead took a little detour for lunch and drove to a bank about 20 miles away instead. Didn't even get out of the SS - just rolled thru the drive-thru ATM, deposited some cash, then drove back. Did stop at Andy's Frozen Custard and got myself a Round Rock Express Concrete for lunch since I had a $5 reward to use. (Hey! I was good - I ate an apple for lunch first!).

• My bank's drive through ATM is to high to reach when in the Sling. I haven't tried the drive throughs at the fast food places yet. I day I washed Sally and decided I better start putting the cover on her as there was to many leaves in her interior. Beautiful day for a ride it is 82 and sunny. Just a light breeze.

If the music is to loud you are to old.