Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Where did you get the mags??? What size are they??? Very nice looking sling....

Thanks for the complement. I ordered them through a local wheel shop. They're made by American Racing wheels. 20x9 on the front and 20x12 on the rear with stock offsets on both. Toyo tires.

• Thanks for the complement. I ordered them through a local wheel shop. They're made by American Racing wheels. 20x9 on the front and 20x12 on the rear with stock offsets on both. Toyo tires.

See DER. It ain't just me. Those things are sharp. I'm two years away from wheels but when it's time, I know who I'm calling.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Drove up to Springdale today to meet some folks in the Astronomy biz. Got hired to be "the talent" for the Stars & Sauce show at Eureka Springs this weekend 😁

While I was there, also ran into an editor from Springer Verlag (science publishers). They asked me to submit a proposal for a 2-book deal. :thumbsup:

It wasn't me... everyone said it was Ruby they were impressed with!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Took a ride to a dealer in NH to see a 2020 R manual shift, 152 round trip. I did not like the matte black but I did like the odometer/tack display and the center info screen, these seats also felt real comfortable. All things considered, no way are these few likes going to get me to part with an additional 25k+- after trade or private sale. Just told wife, 25k for a new one in the spring or 5k for a supercharger? She doesn't want either but it was a great opening to let her know I will be supercharging this winter. Problem solved!!!😋

• Took a ride to a dealer in NH to see a 2020 R manual shift, 152 round trip. I did not like the matte black but I did like the odometer/tack display and the center info screen, these seats also felt real comfortable. All things considered, no way are these few likes going to get me to part with an additional 25k+- after trade or private sale. Just told wife, 25k for a new one in the spring or 5k for a supercharger? She doesn't want either but it was a great opening to let her know I will be supercharging this winter. Problem solved!!!😋

Bet you can’t wait to see HER new extensive wardrobe!😏

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Short ride to a neighboring town this afternoon. It was 63 degrees with a 20 to 30 mph southwest wind and heavy clouds. BUT, we had a coupon at a restaurant and you know us old folks and coupons!!!! This time of year in Iowa, you never know when the next ride might the last one for awhile, so any excuse is a good excuse.

The waitress had all kinds of questions about the Sling. She had seen a couple drive by on the highway, but had never seen one up close. We answered her questions and told her to feel free to go out and look it over if she got a chance. She rides a small motorcycle occasionally, so some of her questions were more detailed and knowledgeable than we usually get. She also asked that we give her a "heads up" when we got ready to leave because she wanted to hear it running.

When we went out to leave, a young guy in an old Chevy with a REALLY NICE rumbling growl to it, pulled up. "Man, I'll bet that's fun, he said. What the hell is it!?" We answered all his questions and then asked about his car. He liked hearing about the Sling, but REALLY lit up when we asked about his ride. Many years ago, at the first newspaper I worked at, the owner told me, "You know, in a small town, people like reading about is their neighbors, but what they REALLY want to see in the paper is THEIR name." He was right then, he would be right today. The kid wanted to hear about the Sling, but he also wanted to talk about his ride. Fair enough.

I finally backed out of the parking spot, and the waitress was standing just outside the door. We waved and I gave her a good earful of a Slingshot at full throttle in a parking lot. Big grin and a wave.

Two full bellies, two new Slingshot fans, four happy people. It doesn't get much better.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Wrong twice yesterday. Wife and I headed to ride "Dragon" as have not been on it all year. Just before we got to the start (bottom), a Blount Co. officer showed me his shiny blue lights. Stopped me for speeding. I have ridden the "Dragon" since my late 20's, I am now over 70. Never a ticket and never knew the speed limit at bottom changed from 50 to 40 at that point. What made it worse was a motorcycle in front of me wanted me to go around, so I kicked it a little. Guess, I was luck 62 in a 40, WARNING..... Second mistake, thought there would not be many people riding "Dragon" on a Wed. this time of year (leaves still not good color). Deals Gap was packed. Parking lot full, store, and eats full. Did enjoy ride and weather was great. Same officer still at bottom when we came back off "Dragon". Came home by Foothills Parkway.

• Drove out to a campground near Eureka Springs to help with an astronomy event. Nice place, clear dark skies. The hit of the night was a 20-inch Dobsonian telescope. Takes 4 people to get it set up, provides beautiful views of Andromeda galaxy & more...

As usual however, Ruby draws far more attention than I do! Several people wanted to sit in the driver's seat and see how it felt. One rather stoned 20-something lad stepped in front of me as I was driving out of the campground and insisted on telling me all about the orange '17 sling he's "going to get" any day now. 😄

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.