Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• that sucks, but how about this, get the most GARISH riding equipment that you can get... helmet with one of those really big mohawks, goggles that look like crazy eyes, pink frilly jacket and some michael jackson style gloves... boots wont' matter so much, they can't really seem the easily

Yeah, if I dressed like that, no one would notice because most of the soldiers that ride motorcycles on base look like that already... lol I could play by their rules, but I wear a shirt and tie to work every day and it would just be so much damn trouble. On top of that, wearing all that crap when it's 102 degrees isn't any fun either... 😒

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I attempted to enter Ft. Huachuca this morning, as I've done a dozen times before, and I was stopped at the gate and told I could not drive the Sling on base unless I was wearing a helmet, goggles, long-sleeved jacket, gloves, and over-the-ankle boots. When I inquired as to why, the guard said as long as it has a motorcycle license plate, I have to follow motorcycle rules... So much for driving the Sling to work every day... ☹

Military bases are federal enclaves.

And as such, governing regulations of such can be state or federal. Military bases select federal governing and Uniform Code of Military Justice for military personnel.

Unfortunately, the federal government has yet to act on an autocycle legislation and still follows NHTSA guidelines.

If you really wanted to ride your Slingshot on base sans full motorcycle safety gear, you could try educating the base commander as to the laws of the State of Arizona concerning autocycles.

Of those laws, number one and foremost, the State of Arizona no longer requires a motorcycle endorsement to operate a Slingshot on public roads.

And it's been a while since I was military.

But at that time, to operate a motorcycle on base, you had to posses a motorcycle endorsement from the state of your licensing, complete an on-base motorcycle safety course, and demonstrate ability to operate a motorcycle (road test).

Do your research, contact base legal services on how to bring your arguement to the commander, build your case, and present same.

Or, keep a low profile and never volunteer for any requirement. ;)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I attempted to enter Ft. Huachuca this morning, as I've done a dozen times before, and I was stopped at the gate and told I could not drive the Sling on base unless I was wearing a helmet, goggles, long-sleeved jacket, gloves, and over-the-ankle boots. When I inquired as to why, the guard said as long as it has a motorcycle license plate, I have to follow motorcycle rules... So much for driving the Sling to work every day... ☹

Know your pain. I have to go onto Redstone Arsenal for my job and encountered this a few times. I just keep a half helmet behind the seat and throw on my rain jacket and gloves that I keep in there for those pop up thunderstorm days. Never gave me a hard time on the boots. You can try the post commander, but the gate guards are likely contractors and are just doing what they have been told to do by Govt. They don't care if the jacket and gloves have a lick of motorcycle armor in them for protection, as long as it covers your arms and fingers fully they let me through.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I believe I will simply keep a low profile... lol

Yeah, not much has changed in the Army. I have an endorsement on my license, left over from my riding days, and I still have my motorcycle safety class certificate around here somewhere. The rules are pretty strict for the green-suiters, but as a civilian, the only thing I'm not forced to have is safety class. Unfortunately, any argument I bring to MG Potter would fall on the deaf ears of her deputy.

I don't want to poke the bear... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

Ouch, I know the feeling! Typically a new troop. They don't bend and it just takes one time. It's an autocycle in Jersey so it's a bit better on that point. I laugh when I think of these situations and the protesters breaking the law.

• Just a little ride to my dealer --- Nielsen's Ent, Lake Villa, IL 120 miles one way... Left La Porte, IN little before 6:00am sunny and 65° beautiful ride. Had all fluids changed and thnigs checked over very closely...end of extended warrantee coming late Sept 2020, Mark found a couple of things that he is going to run thru Polaris. Left Lake Villa about 10:30 and the express way ride home sunny and 98° .... little toasty.

• Just a little ride to my dealer --- Nielsen's Ent, Lake Villa, IL 120 miles one way... Left La Porte, IN little before 6:00am sunny and 65° beautiful ride. Had all fluids changed and thnigs checked over very closely...end of extended warrantee coming late Sept 2020, Mark found a couple of things that he is going to run thru Polaris. Left Lake Villa about 10:30 and the express way ride home sunny and 98° .... little toasty.

Little toasty, sounds like my riding here. I’ll bet you we’re almost dying. Probably reminded you of kerrville

Keep Three Wheels Down