Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Got out for a bit today and I must say I was Impressed with the gas mileage on my 2020R... Speeds from in town to 80 and a bunch of Colorado "hills"... 185 miles and still have a half tank left...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• That mpg is really good if the gauge is accurate and the tank size has not changed. Let us know your mpg after you fill up.

It took 5.3 gallons... (per the manual same size gas tank)... I did lie... I looked at the odo wrong... it was 185.7... The onboard computer says 35.3 mpg.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Finally well enough to take our June Ride. Kay and I are in Utah heading West.... or where ever we decide to head. Made some fenders to test (The right one is droopy for a reason) and have about 2500 miles on them so far with no issues yet (knock on wood!).

Also changed up the back deck and hoops.... LOVE IT! I can see what’s behind me now.

This pic was taken yesterday at Telluride, CO.

• Finally well enough to take our June Ride. Kay and I are in Utah heading West.... or where ever we decide to head. Made some fenders to test (The right one is droopy for a reason) and have about 2500 miles on them so far with no issues yet (knock on wood!).

Also changed up the back deck and hoops.... LOVE IT! I can see what’s behind me now.

Envious.....of the trip and glad you're feeling better. :)

where in Utah?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Stocked the pantry early this morning and decided to go riding. It's approaching nine a.m., Guardian_Angel and I point the Slingshot toward the big town of Cullman, Alabama. We had no particular place to go but thought we would decide as we rolled into town.

Now, I usually don't do what I did today. As we were approaching town, I spotted a group of six bikes cutting through the intersection ahead of us. Appeared to be three Goldwings leading with three Can-Ams trailing. Guardian_Angel had suggested a Lake Guntersville ride. I told her that group of bikes looks like a lake ride.

So, hooked a left turn and gave chase. Caught up with them about ten miles later at an intersection. Pulled up on the tail-gunner Can-Am sporting a Texas plate.

Told him we didn't want to step on anyone's pee-pee and we were just out for a ride, but would they mind if we rode tail on their herd. He said no problem and that they were headed to Lookout Mountain, Tennessee. Told him we would ride with them to the state line. And ride they did. This wasn't a juke to the BBQ joint.

Approaching the state line we took the inside lane to pass, waving to all, and broke off from the ride. Whoops and horns from all.

Turns out it was three fellows and three ladies in the group all riding single up. Two gals on Goldwings and a third on a sport Can-Am. One fellow on a Goldwing and two fellows on lux Can-Ams.

Would have been nice to actually talk and see their rides, but they were road trip and we were riding.

Roughly 220 miles with some scenic side tripping on return toward home. Hit Sonic for Happy Hour drinks and rolled back into home about three-thirty p.m.

It was so good to run away for the day.

Phone pics...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• This morning it was blue skies and sunshine and the lone wolf was howling for a ride.

I don't know where I took my slingshot today - what I do know is it was 160 miles round trip! the weather was spectacular!

But then I got home and reality smacked me in the face once I started some after the storm clean up. We got 5.5" of rain in 90 minutes late Thursday I spent all day Friday getting all the gravel that was my driveway out of the woods and back where it belonged, Then had to get my dock from the field where it landed back into the pond. Spent the balance of today cutting trees filling holes and looking for stuff that washed away.

Tomorrow we will catch up with Designer and his bride for some more riding.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Went out for a ride with jamesgn and a bunch of others.

Four of us started in Round Rock and drove up to the Buc-ees in Temple to meet the Killeen crew. Just before we get there, a bunch of supercars - Lambo's, Ferari's, high-end Porsches, Audis, even a couple of BMWs passed us. Then they pulled into the Buc-ees too. Made all of us SS's look 2nd class. Sigh....

9 SS's then drove up to Waco. Don't ask me where we were - I was just following everyone else. Actually, found it - Walmart in Bellmead. There were about a dozen SS's waiting there, plus a couple of Spyders. We then drove and did the slowest parade lap ever for the Bellmead Little League kids. Their season had been ended by Covid and they were having a little carnival. All the kids were excited to come out, take pics, sit in the SS's, even a few got a couple slow laps around. Hung around a little.

Then headed back down to Temple for lunch. Quite a few went to a friend-of-a-friends brand new (opened last week) Thai restaurant. I decided to head over to Taco Cabana for a $2 (yes, two dollar) margarita. Did you know that you can get them to go too?!?! They stayed cold in my Yeti all the way home. I checked and the temp in the SS shows 99 degrees. Got home around 4 and passed out on the couch (hot and tired, not drunk).

• Went for one of my longest rides today with the wife. We rode the canyons toward the 126 to Ventura and took PCH all the way back down to Santa Monica. So many bikes and super cars but then out of the shadows I saw a train of 5-7 slings. That’s the first group of slings I have ever seen in LA County but unfortunately they were heading north while I was heading south. All in all great ride. Ventura county was much more pleasant than LA county since there was traffic around Malibu and Santa Monica.

• Oh my....... We hit Bryce today. It was amazing! Now Kay has decided to head back to Durango, CO tomorrow and then North before heading to Oregon coast.

Painter if'n ya want a little company on part of your ride, let me know when you're hitting the coast and perhaps we could get a little Painter's Posse together. I'm about 70 miles inland (90 miles as the Slingshot flies) and can be on hwy 101 in a couple hours.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)