Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Ah you confused me when you said the best redneck, I just figured you were talking about yourself :/8o. And you telling it the way it is without sugar coating it is one of the things that makes you who you are and I think I can speak for a few of us here that we like that. Sometimes we need to be told the way it is.

Redneck, that was another story, but true. RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WRONG IS STILL WRONG :thumbsup:

• A young man was reworking my Assault Ind rear fender. Using FunCycle design I think we have a front brace that will hold up for more than 6 months. I have had a Assault Fender since Fall of 2015 and I like the fender but it did have some problem and Assault is no longer making it. (stopped in late summer of 2018). I have two extra fenders --- last one that broke I didn't return and than I was given a 'broken' one in Bristol last fall. I will start a thread and maybe have some parts for anyone who might be interested. And I did go for a ride hour or so.

• We decided to go for a short ride today. We have a county bordering ours who's sheriff has vowed he would not uphold the unconstitutional laws/demands by our governor so we thought we might find a restaurant open for a sit down meal. We only went to one town in that county but no restaurants were open for dine in. Being that Mississippi had approved their restaurants to open back up we just kept going West into Mississippi. To our surprise none of their restaurants were open for dine in either. We finally decided to stop at a small place that seemed to have lots of cars in the parking lot which usually indicates good food and service. Like everyone else we went to the window and placed our order. When it was ready they called out our number and while at the window getting our food I asked the owner why since they had been given the go ahead to open back up why was no one open for dine in. She said that they had put so many restrictions on it that it was impossible to comply and if caught not complying you could loose your business license. She said that they would not open back up for dine in until they could do it without restrictions and the rest of the restaurant owners that she'd talk to felt the same way. So much for a sit down meal at a decent restaurant. We came the long way home and enjoyed some good country roads. Got home in time to mow most of the community. Looks good for Mother's Day!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• So last night, on the 10pm news, they say that Circuit of the Amercias (COTA) is going to host a free track ride supporting the Central Texas Food Bank. That said it was just going to be a 10-20mph parade lap, but of course I was in!

BTW, normally you can't drive your own car on the track. They have some racing schools, and a go-kart track, but this is the first time they have allowed public vehicles on the track that I know of. And I had checked into it specifically at other times.

Drove down and got off the freeway at exactly 1:34 - stuck in the line. Place was PACKED. But okay, line is moving - slowly. It's about 1 mile from the freeway to the track. They make us do a big "S" through the parking lot and then thru the tunnels - they they pull us THROUGH the pit garages! That's where we donated food/money to the CTFB. And where I sat parked for 20 mins. Apparently, someone had stalled going up the hill so they had to bring a tow truck in to move them. I couldn't see anything because I was actually still in the pit garage (luckily in the shade). Anyways, I pulled onto the track right at 1:54pm.

(I actually tried to video it. But it was the slowest lap EVER. All you would have seen for 20+ mins is the bumper in front of me.)

Got into turn 16-17-18 - the one that goes around the tower. I see a WHOLE BUNCH of cars pull off to get pics - so of course I do too. I only got 1 shot and it's not perfect, but the security guards were already shooing everyone away. I think he was about 10 ft to my right yelling at me to get back in the car when I took this pic.

Then drove out and exited the track at exactly 2:24. Yes, 30 mins exactly to go 3.4 miles on the track. While everyone turned left to exit the track, I went right to just go somewhere else. Not sure where I ended up, but I drove by a place called "Walton Hill". I'm pretty sure John Boy had a bead on me.

• Being follicly challenged has its benefits 8)

I am actually happy that at age 66 I still have a pretty good head of hair - - for the last few years I have just been cutting it myself with a little help from my wife mowing it down with a No 3,, but lately I have been letting it grow - - thinking I can use this virus as an excuse

Perhaps I should try a mullet - - -- - - =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My wife was my barber and cut my hair for 3 years before I asked her out on a date. I was a broke, longhair college student and wasn't in the mode of dating classy women. I started out with hair to my shoulders and when it got to basically a crew cut, and I didn't have any more to cut, I asked her out. On a Wednesday I told her that some buddies and I were going water skiing on Saturday and asked if she'd like to go. Imagine my surprise when she said yes and gave me her card with her HOME number on it! I made a beeline to the payphone outside her shop (pre cell phone days obviously) and called my buddy Lee to ask him if his brother still had a ski boat. He said yes, but it's been sitting under the trees at mom's house for the last 2 years. Well, I spent the next 2 days cleaning the boat, putting a battery in, changing fluids, getting it running and wiring my Jeep for the trailer lights. I pulled it off, we went skiing, I got a 2nd date and we were engaged a year later. I still believe if I didn't get that boat going I'd have a different wife (by now - probably).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Took ours to the dealer and had the fuse block recall done. Only took an hour. It was 50 degrees when we left and 60 coming home. Fifty miles each way. I noticed that there was ABSOLUTELY NO NOISE from the belt and/or angle drive. Not one peep. Sure hope it stays that way. Stopped by a Hardee's and got a couple of Texas bacon burgers. The doors were locked, so drive thru only.

On a down note, the dealer, in Mason City Iowa had one 2019 leftover on the floor. A black sparkle SL in Grand Touring trim. $30500. NO 2020's and the place was bare of any SlingShot stuff. I would bet that when the 2019 is gone, that they will join the ranks of non-SlingShot dealers.

The lot did have a flat bed stacked high with Skidoo boxes and a LOT of the small and large UTV's, and a dozen or so Indian motorcycles inside.