Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Bringing up these freeways brings back bad memories. I was born in Covina, lived my 20s in Riverside (Mira Loma) and 30s in Orange County (Placentia). Worked in Torrance. Carpooled and still was 1-1/2 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening. For those not in the area, that's about 30 miles. In 2 hrs. While in the Carpool lanes.

My favorite place is where the 57 and 210 dump onto the 10 Eastbound in Pomona. 8 lanes go down to 4 in a 1/2 mile.

• And to think that after I got out of the Navy I wanted to move to Cali. I am sure glad that I did not do that, but it did take me 3 years to realize that I really wanted to stay in Georgetown, S.C. So I have been here my whole life except for that 3 years 10 months and 21 days that I was in UNCLE"S canoe club.

• I didn't actually go into North Conway but the traffic everywhere else was very light to nonexistent. One thing I did notice though the hiking trails had cars parked along the side of the road for a mile or two very crowded.

yeah, all the trailheads / park entrances in the downeast area are packed. otherwise the coast is clear (pun intended)

might be an excellent time to do the Kancamagus Highway

• Had a great ride today as a matter of fact I've had a few good days of riding this week.

I was a little disappointed when they closed the Hocking Hills state Park but with a little time I was able to see the silver lining. I ran 664 end to end ( the route past Hocking Hills) and for the first time in 20 years I had no one in front of me from Logan to the southern end.( 17 miles ) Traffic was light everywhere. Stopped at the spot where Ross took my cover pic on Rt 56

Also stopped at the Stockport Mill

And had a picnic at the Big Bottom memorial

Temps from 60 when I left to 70 when I got back. They predicted rain at 4 but it held off till 7 . Just a great day all around :)

• Out with the heated seats in with the cooling-92 today 😅

Poster outside the ice cream shop in Encinitas 😜

Social distancing ( sort of ) in Laguna Beach

Baby Whale getting lost inside Dana Point harbor and EVERYONE trying to show it the way out🙂

AND SoCal protestors in Carlsbad at the beach - yes they do exist here 😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Did an 80 mile loop on local back roads. Went thru six little towns, none over 150 population. Met a couple of groups of Pirates. Some return a wave, most don't.

It was mid sixties, so perfect for a ride. Supposed to rain Monday and Tuesday, so we had to let a couple of things around the house slide while we did the IMPORTANT thing today. The other stuff can get done while it rains.

The rotator cuff surgery doesn't bother so much, and it's really fun to punch the Sling in second and third and make it HOWL. Nice to be back on the road the last couple of weekends after almost 10 months of recuperating and winter.

• Did an 80 mile loop on local back roads. Went thru six little towns, none over 150 population. Met a couple of groups of Pirates. Some return a wave, most don't.

It was mid sixties, so perfect for a ride. Supposed to rain Monday and Tuesday, so we had to let a couple of things around the house slide while we did the IMPORTANT thing today. The other stuff can get done while it rains.

The rotator cuff surgery doesn't bother so much, and it's really fun to punch the Sling in second and third and make it HOWL. Nice to be back on the road the last couple of weekends after almost 10 months of recuperating and winter.

Love those small towns and back roads! Same boat, I power washed the house in the rain last week knowing that the good days are for having fun!