Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Wow! I can only dream!

Hope you and your family are all doing well in "coonass" land! I bet the swamp is alive with water lilies now. So beautiful!

The swamps are getting pretty and green for sure..............but the love bugs are hatching and they are not practicing social distancing. Hate them stinking bugs.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Plate fee here is like $20. Property taxes are another matter. Just got the annual tax bill for my 2019 SLR. $486.84.

ouch!!

our associated taxes are buried in the registration fee

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The swamps are getting pretty and green for sure..............but the love bugs are hatching and they are not practicing social distancing. Hate them stinking bugs.

They will mess up your paint, too. Took the sling to Key West last year and had rode through clouds of the damn things. Made the mistake of not washing them off at the end of the day. Permanent damage to the finish in a few small spots on my hood.

• The swamps are getting pretty and green for sure..............but the love bugs are hatching and they are not practicing social distancing. Hate them stinking bugs.

NEVER put the windshield wipers on!! I DO NOT miss those critters. Picking them out of the fins on my motorcycle!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Think about this.... it costs me $225 to REGISTER my SS in California!

When I got my 2019 SLR last year the wonderful state of Colorado charged me 704$ to register it. This year is will be about $625... Too many people who have gotten used to paying California rates have moved here.... :) Forgot to mention.. my 2018 Sypder is about 425$... and My 11 year old Ford Explorer Sport Trac is $125...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• It was 50 degrees yesterday, 75 today and going to be 50 tomorrow, so I and my wife . . . . .

Headed east for Jackson Junction, then to Fort Atkinson (only US fort built to protect one Indian tribe from another), then to Calmar and on to Decorah. Turned west to Cresco and south to Protivin. Was going to go thru Jerico, but a bridge was being replaced, so we turned around and went back east to Spillville (home of Bily Clocks . . . Anton Dvorak lived there for a time) then back south thru Fort Atkinson, Jackson Junction, Lawler and home again. Look them up in Northeast Iowa. Some really NICE curvy roads, all two lanes. Almost no traffic and the LEOs all must have taken the day off. Great ride.

The local ethanol plant put a 250 galon bin of hand sanitizer in my hometown, so we stopped and filled a couple of small spray bottles. The take 100 percent pure fuel grade alcohol and cut it to 80 percent using water and glycerin. Works on hands and surfaces. Stores here are selling 1 oz bottles for $3 to $5 each. The free stuff was serve yourself, no limit. They even had a funnel on a cord attached to the big tub. They did say that refills would be available, so I'm guessing a trip to the plant would get you more.

• Plate fee here is like $20. Property taxes are another matter. Just got the annual tax bill for my 2019 SLR. $486.84.

Property tax here is just that.... property. Our house (3 bedroom, 1800 square with 1600 square basement), attached 2 car garage, detached 1 1/4 garage with about 1 acre of land on a corner. The taxes were less than $1200 for the year. Nothing for vehicles, that is on registration. We do have a "wheel" tax here. $25 per year, but it covers everything you license for plates. For me that's 7 things, another $175 a year. They'll get you when they can....

Feel for you on this. Over $500 for your tax for the SS alone..... Wow!

• [quote='SoCal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/1547-where-did-you-take-your-slingshot-today/&postID=304836#post304836']

Ok How many of you 3 miles from the house get on to a three lane on ramp to a seven lane each direction freeway?

However I am totally envious as it takes Paula and I about 30 minutes to GET to our ride when you guys leave your driveway and you are ON your ride!

Insurance wise I probably see more cars getting to the on-ramp than you guys will see all day and most of them pretty much want to kill me!

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/106337/

[/quote]

I always hated that intersection. Taking the 15 to the 91 was faster. But, I preferred to drive thru the cow pens to the 91 and put up with the smell.

Use to live in Cucamonga and worked in Cypress. Hated that commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• John the 91-15 is a total spaghetti Junction now. You would not Recognize it. All they did with all the highway improvements in my opinion is make it easier to get to the traffic jam🥵

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎