Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Went to the vet to pick up flea & tick meds for the boys. They told me, call when you get here & describe your car & we'll bring your prescription out to you!

Hi, its Doc Barth, I'm here to pick up dog meds....

My car? It's the three wheel, red & black job with the shark fin on the back and tiger king stripes on the front fenders.

Looooong silence.

Then the vet and all three assistants came out to see Ruby.

Hello ladies!

Oooh! Do you give rides for free?

(Big smile behind my mask) Sure do!

What's it called?

This is Ruby. She's a Slingshot!

I suppose we can't do it today... but I want a rain check!

(More grinning behind the mask) Absolutely!

Social distancing sure is tough in a Slingshot! 😁

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• SO you were a passenger today??

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• We took the Sling out today to go about 30 miles away to pick up a package. Interstate purchase, so I needed an FFL to transfer ownership. Nice guy, ex military. He was interested in the Sling. Has a Harley trike with solenoid hand shifter since his left leg is paralized.

Found out his parents used to get together almost every weekend with an uncle of mine and his wife to play cards. The guy's dad was a Marine and my uncle welded aluminum in VietNam when he was in the Air Force. He said his dad and my uncle would play cards, have a couple of beers and swap stories. SMALL WORLD.

Figured on a quick 10 minute transaction, but spent over an hour.

Wind blowing my helmet around at times, but a great day anyway.

• Around the 'hood. Unfortunately the only way to rev DATSling up is via the Schosche (sp?) portable jump starter. Not even the trickle charger is helping. Any thoughts out there?

When it starts does it stay running?

I just had to change the alternator as well as the battery. If the battery is below 9 volts the sling does some strange stuff. Check the voltage before and after you start it. Could just be a bad battery or both if the alternator is bad it could kill the battery as well.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• When it starts does it stay running?

I just had to change the alternator as well as the battery. If the battery is below 9 volts the sling does some strange stuff. Check the voltage before and after you start it. Could just be a bad battery or both if the alternator is bad it could kill the battery as well.

They said they drove around the hood so l would assume the alternator is working but I've been wrong before....just not today YET

• I had a new last summer motorcycle battery in mine and the battery died sitting. It took over a week on a tender to get a green light and it was still only 11.6 volts. I've had the battery drain a few times but never killed it by sitting. I have a car battery in there now and it's not draining. I still haven't got the fuse block recall done but will this spring.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I had my Helix on a trickle charger last several years when I stored it. This year even though it showed green on the trickle charger the battery would not turn over the starter and jumping it with the truck did not work. Put in a new battery everything was fine.

I finally put a new battery in my 2009 Yamaha Majesty. Yes, 11 years on the original battery!!! ALWAYS plugged in to a Battery Tender Jr. It started last month, but I decide to put a new one in anyway. Hard to "bump start" CVT.

• When it starts does it stay running?

Yes, fortunately. But now I'm afraid to stop, like for gas, for fear it won't start again. Funny thing is, the current battery was dealer-installed in Feb of last year.

• Yes, fortunately. But now I'm afraid to stop, like for gas, for fear it won't start again. Funny thing is, the current battery was dealer-installed in Feb of last year.

A while back I spoke of installing a volt meter in the Slingshot, matter of fact you need one in all of your cars/trucks also. It could just save you a good bit of money and time. If you know how to use the actual volt reading you can tell when your battery is bad or the alternator is not charging.

• I had my Helix on a trickle charger last several years when I stored it. This year even though it showed green on the trickle charger the battery would not turn over the starter and jumping it with the truck did not work. Put in a new battery everything was fine.

Perhaps pull the battery next season and keep it inside in a warm place on the charger. Maybe the cold killed it?🤔

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎