Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Took a trip down to Mt. View Ar. today had lunch and came back around by Blanchard Springs from there it was on to highway 14 south across Buffalo River back to to the house the trip was only 180 miles today temperature was a nice 70 degrees here in northern Arkansas Yesterday trip over to eastern Ar. was only 135 miles but temperature was only 60 degrees Grate weekend to ride First time out this year

• My wife always wanted a Slingshot. We bought a 2019 blue SL Saturday night and went to Bike Week sunday in it. Had a blast!

I have no doubt!

Enjoy that Slingshot! Get some seat time and ride safe. Become familiar with the quirks of that new ride and read the owners manual in your down time.

It isn't a car and it isn't a motorcycle.

But, it is yours! 8)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Did about 300 miles Sat for a CVMA State Officers meeting - went from North Little Rock, via Cabot (had to pick someone up) and then to Mt. Magazine State Park. Took the long way back home. Great day to cruise, temps were great with lots of beautiful sunshine.

• Most days I look at this thread and I think that I could post that I took my Slingshot to work today, but considering the fact that I take the slingshot most every single day I suspect this would get pretty old if I posted it every work day - as such today I will post something that is different

I took the Volvo to work today =O

you wont see this very often, rain today and Sara told me I need to get used to driving it so that I am not trying to figure out all the dang switches and modes when we take it on a trip :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I took the Sling out for a little ride and lunch today. Backing out I had to wait for a Red/Black SLR to go by. I pulled out behind him and he stopped little piece down the road. Short story we rode on to my home and introduced ourselves. He had just got the Sling in Fla. and lives about 1 mile from me and about 1 1/2 hour later he went on home. He may show up on here later. Also he now owns a pair of Mean Sling roll hoop bags

• Most days I look at this thread and I think that I could post that I took my Slingshot to work today, but considering the fact that I take the slingshot most every single day I suspect this would get pretty old if I posted it every work day - as such today I will post something that is different

you wont see this very often, rain today and Sara told me I need to get used to driving it so that I am not trying to figure out all the dang switches and modes when we take it on a trip :thumbsup:

Okay, so I took the SS to work today. Normally by daily driver too - except when it rains. And it rained yesterday. Just had a lot of fog this morning (driving down the freeway looked like a tunnel) but the wet ground made my rear end want to pass the front - twice. Was really careful after that.

• Okay, so I took the SS to work today. Normally by daily driver too - except when it rains. And it rained yesterday. Just had a lot of fog this morning (driving down the freeway looked like a tunnel) but the wet ground made my rear end want to pass the front - twice. Was really careful after that.

Cut the "NANNIES" off (BOTH OF THEM) next time and you just might see and feel some difference. Standing water is a big part of the problem. One wheel slows down the nanny applies the brakes to the others.

• Cut the "NANNIES" off (BOTH OF THEM) next time and you just might see and feel some difference. Standing water is a big part of the problem. One wheel slows down the nanny applies the brakes to the others.

Okay, that's the second post I've read this week referring to "nannies"... What are nannies and how do you take them off? What happens when you do?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Okay, that's the second post I've read this week referring to "nannies"... What are nannies and how do you take them off? What happens when you do?

The wiggly line switch above the shifter, push it in once it cuts one off. Hold for about 3 seconds and it cuts both off. The short answer is, it is watching the speed of each wheel/tire and making adjustments to make them equal again if one slows down. I hope that helps, I and a few others never ride on wet pavement with the nannies on. Steering wheel angle also comes in on this also.

It's a trap. She's wanting to start swapping with you and drive your sling. IT'S A TRAP!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The wiggly line switch above the shifter, push it in once it cuts one off. Hold for about 3 seconds and it cuts both off. The short answer is, it is watching the speed of each wheel/tire and making adjustments to make them equal again if one slows down. I hope that helps, I and a few others never ride on wet pavement with the nannies on. Steering wheel angle also comes in on this also.

Wet pavement? Who rides in that?😜

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Cut the "NANNIES" off (BOTH OF THEM) next time and you just might see and feel some difference. Standing water is a big part of the problem. One wheel slows down the nanny applies the brakes to the others.

chavey2 oily pavement, gravel and leaves under the back tire is another whole ball game. Just hope you are not in a curve or on a crooked road.

Both times it was coming from a dead stop and accelerating around a 90 degree street corner (once left coming out of the neighborhood and once right getting on to the freeway). I just applied a little counter steer and everything was good. I think the "Nannies" helped. I know that on dry payment those things are awesome. I've taken it around some pretty hard corners (Crabapple Road! - for the SA guys) and it pulled me back in fast.

BTW, just to be clear, it rained the day before. That morning was just fog and moisture on the ground - not standing water.