Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• [quote='Frankie55','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/1547-where-did-you-take-your-slingshot-today/&postID=295904#post295904']

Just got it out of the garage today to run to the bank. It's overcast and low 50's, but not raining.

Ran down to the dealer just to waste some time. They had a Slingshot sign up on the wall, but only used motorcycles in that area. There was a new 2018 SLR LE in the Lime Squeeze color with a roof for $25K out in the parking lot. Not another SS anywhere and no one was helping on it. Guess my dealer is not handling them much any more.

Is it possible they have no more left-over stock and the new 2020 models are not yet available? I thought the same when I had my sling serviced at my local dealer two weeks ago. I looked around and only spotted one left-over. Then last week I received an email (sadly it went in my junk folder an I read it a day late). They were having an event featuring all the details of the new 2020 models and how much improvements have been incorporated. They were also taking pre-orders.

[/quote]

Might be possible, but I specifically looked for accessories too and there were none. We never had much dealer support here - which is why I bought my last SS 2 hrs away.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Headed out the the Circuit of the America's (Austin, TX F1 Race Track) for the "Cars and Coffee" GTG. Ended up having 8-10 SS's there although not all at the same time. Prob well over 500+ cars there from Lamborghini's, Porsches, Mustangs, Corvettes - everything. Even found a new car I never heard about - the Nissan Figaro - only built in 1991? LIttle tiny thing.

At least I was able to get out and burn 1/2 a tank of gas.

• I am starting to hate you........... but when I grow up I want to be you.

Honestly I think you get the most bang for your buck from that ride.

You stay safe and keep the pictures coming

Thanks- but I mostly have to thank my wonderful wife. Every weekend the first words from her are “so where we goin’ today?”.

We belong to the same club 😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Thanks- but I mostly have to thank my wonderful wife. Every weekend the first words from her are “so where we goin’ today?”.

We belong to the same club 😎

I don't have the badge but I do have the license plate.

Hats off to your wife for being the driving force. - ya see what I did there?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I don't have the badge but I do have the license plate.

Hats off to your wife for being the driving force. - ya see what I did there?

This morning, this Monday morning, she asked me how many days till spring break! She’s already counting the days! Yeah, I see what you did there😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Nice ride out in the country with the Captain today! Country roads, lonely farms, cattle and horses wandering in the fields. :)

New Baker Air Wings did a great job, so did the heated seat cushion. Captain was comfortable in the 52 degree weather as long as we kept it under 55 mph. I consider these two mods to be a complete success!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Got to drive mine to work and back (42 degrees) yesterday. Thank goodness for the heated seats. I still love the way folks give you a wave or thumbs up. But spring is coming the riding leathers will be put away, and driving it every day with out freezing Yeah

• Got mine out and drove to work today. 32 degrees when I left the house, but warmed up to 37 on the freeway. And no glove on the shifting hand due to the cast. But at least it wasn't raining like it has all week.

Really didn't have a choice but to drive the SS tho'. Truck is in shop getting a leveling kit (3") put on it.

• Got mine out and drove to work today. 32 degrees when I left the house, but warmed up to 37 on the freeway. And no glove on the shifting hand due to the cast. But at least it wasn't raining like it has all week.

Really didn't have a choice but to drive the SS tho'. Truck is in shop getting a leveling kit (3") put on it.

Wow, keep that cold weather down south. We don't want it here in Jersey. :) In warmer weather and if possible I use the sling as a primary vehicle. It is nice in any circumstance to have the option of a secondary vehicle especially when maintenance is due. Can't control the weather though.

• Just looked at her in passing each morning before leaving for work because my wife seems to think my cold is due to riding the SS to work everyday in the teens during the morning hours here in Ohio. I totally disagree because I dress for it and with all my gear, the ONLY think cold on my 35 min commute is my finger tips when I get to work (My heated gloves don't get hot enough to prevent this from happening). I don't want to start any trouble so I decided to give it 5 days to see if my cold improved. Tomorrow is day 5 and I'm pulling the SS back out with sunny skies and 45 degrees in the forecast for the high, perfect riding weather!! The tall windshield does WONDERS!! You don't feel any drafts or air flow with the tall shield and full face helmet on. During the warmer months on long trips, I mount the ipad mini to the dash and angle it towards my wife passenger seat and turn the volume on 5 from the factory unit and you can hear EVERYTHING clear as day going 75 mph down the highway with the roof on or off.

Be safe and God bless!

• Just looked at her in passing each morning before leaving for work because my wife seems to think my cold is due to riding the SS to work everyday in the teens during the morning hours here in Ohio. I totally disagree because I dress for it and with all my gear, the ONLY think cold on my 35 min commute is my finger tips when I get to work (My heated gloves don't get hot enough to prevent this from happening). I don't want to start any trouble so I decided to give it 5 days to see if my cold improved. Tomorrow is day 5 and I'm pulling the SS back out with sunny skies and 45 degrees in the forecast for the high, perfect riding weather!! The tall windshield does WONDERS!! You don't feel any drafts or air flow with the tall shield and full face helmet on. During the warmer months on long trips, I mount the ipad mini to the dash and angle it towards my wife passenger seat and turn the volume on 5 from the factory unit and you can hear EVERYTHING clear as day going 75 mph down the highway with the roof on or off.

Pull the cup holders out and you may get a little warm air in the cockpit it does work but I have never tried it at that lower temperature. I do it between 45 and 55 degrees. I even have the PVC elbows to insert in the cup holders so the warm air will blow a little across me and the passenger.

• Pull the cup holders out and you may get a little warm air in the cockpit it does work but I have never tried it at that lower temperature. I do it between 45 and 55 degrees. I even have the PVC elbows to insert in the cup holders so the warm air will blow a little across me and the passenger.

I'll have to give that a try. With my base layer gear and riding gear, not sure that I would even feel the warm air and at such a low temp..... it may be a cold breeze coming in through the cup holders :D

Be safe and God bless!

• Got to drive mine to work and back (42 degrees) yesterday. Thank goodness for the heated seats. I still love the way folks give you a wave or thumbs up. But spring is coming the riding leathers will be put away, and driving it every day with out freezing Yeah