Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Majority of owners buy and park...

Unfortunitly, you are correct, same as motorcycles you have your hardcore riders and your weekend riders who won't come out unless it's sunny, warm and no chance of even mist for 30 miles around. I'm not poke at anyone who can not ride all year due to snow and ice but we all know the ones that bought a slingshot or bike just to say they own one, proof of this is the number of slings that are for sale with ridiculous low mileage for the year slingshot.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Don't think that is going to be a problem... The county I live in is just a little over 100,000 people and I know that we have over a dozen that are in the area --- and I very seldom see one on the street unless I call Bu11sh1t to go for a ride.

You can always count on Bu11sh1t to go for a ride

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Unfortunitly, you are correct, same as motorcycles you have your hardcore riders and your weekend riders who won't come out unless it's sunny, warm and no chance of even mist for 30 miles around. I'm not poke at anyone who can not ride all year due to snow and ice but we all know the ones that bought a slingshot or bike just to say they own one, proof of this is the number of slings that are for sale with ridiculous low mileage for the year slingshot.

one of the things that got my wife on board when I said I wanted the Slingshot was when I told her I would give my car to our daughter - - first my wife knew my daughters car was on its last legs and she would be needing help replacing it, but also my wife knew that if I gave my car away there was no way the Slingshot could become a passing fad that ended up sitting - - - best thing I did in a very long time because it also forced me to commit and now going into my 4th year I wouldn't change a thing - - - :00008674:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just picked it back up from the indy -- DDM handling kit & sway bar mounts, Twisty sway bar. Had an appointment so couldn't drive it for an extended period but it actually feels more comfortable and compliant, especially the front end. I found out the hard way what a mere 3/4" drop can do, scraping the front end leaving the shop. Gotta be extra careful going forward!

• "Just went out to the garage & sat in the cockpit for a bit."

I did that a couple of weeks ago. My right shoulder rotator cuff surgery was 6 months ago, and I wanted to see if I could get out without a Hoyer lift OR an engine hoist.

Did just fine. Where is summer?!?!?!?!? Going to be -15 here tonight with -30 wind chill. Too cold to even THINK about sitting in it. Might freeze in place.

• "Just went out to the garage & sat in the cockpit for a bit."

I did that a couple of weeks ago. My right shoulder rotator cuff surgery was 6 months ago, and I wanted to see if I could get out without a Hoyer lift OR an engine hoist.

Did just fine. Where is summer?!?!?!?!? Going to be -15 here tonight with -30 wind chill. Too cold to even THINK about sitting in it. Might freeze in place.

Glad to hear you are well. My "cuff" took about 8+ months to get back to getting around.

Left arm behind the steering wheel - right hand on the break lever and ease on out. This is my magic formula. BE well!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Rain and snow mix for the past few days here in Ohio. I left the garage door open and fired her up and let her run for a bit before shutting her down and connecting back up the battery tender. Typically, I'd be riding in this type of temps but the wet roads I don't mess with. Zero degrees and dry temps I'm out turning corners and having fun!

Be safe and God bless!

• I started my own slingshot riders club in my area.....I’m president, Vice President, secretary and treasurer and founding member....only member, oldest member, funnest member, coolest member.

it’s lonely.....

I tried that and ended up kicking myself out for insubordination. Plus my wife didn't want me meeting at my house!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Just got it out of the garage today to run to the bank. It's overcast and low 50's, but not raining.

Ran down to the dealer just to waste some time. They had a Slingshot sign up on the wall, but only used motorcycles in that area. There was a new 2018 SLR LE in the Lime Squeeze color with a roof for $25K out in the parking lot. Not another SS anywhere and no one was helping on it. Guess my dealer is not handling them much any more.

• Just got it out of the garage today to run to the bank. It's overcast and low 50's, but not raining.

Ran down to the dealer just to waste some time. They had a Slingshot sign up on the wall, but only used motorcycles in that area. There was a new 2018 SLR LE in the Lime Squeeze color with a roof for $25K out in the parking lot. Not another SS anywhere and no one was helping on it. Guess my dealer is not handling them much any more.

Is it possible they have no more left-over stock and the new 2020 models are not yet available? I thought the same when I had my sling serviced at my local dealer two weeks ago. I looked around and only spotted one left-over. Then last week I received an email (sadly it went in my junk folder an I read it a day late). They were having an event featuring all the details of the new 2020 models and how much improvements have been incorporated. They were also taking pre-orders.