Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Drove my Slingshot for the first time on the interstate. I never saw any be Slingshots around my be area on the interstate, so I guess I'm one of the first here in South Louisiana. Lol....

since I’ve had mine two years I can count on two hands how many others I’ve seen in my area...20 miles north east of Pittsburgh, PA. I feel like the Lone Stranger.

• since I’ve had mine two years I can count on two hands how many others I’ve seen in my area...20 miles north east of Pittsburgh, PA. I feel like the Lone Stranger.

Same here. Even during peak riding season here I might see one or two a month out on the road. Heck, even with all the trips I've made back to the dealer for various things, there was only another SS owner there when I was there once. Probably the single biggest bummer about this experience is the lack of folks to ride with. Especially after years of riding Harley's and being a HOG member. We have 2 HOG chapters in my town and each has around 100 members. Really wish Polaris had a similar program, but I guess the ownership numbers are just not high enough in most areas.

• Same here. Even during peak riding season here I might see one or two a month out on the road. Heck, even with all the trips I've made back to the dealer for various things, there was only another SS owner there when I was there once. Probably the single biggest bummer about this experience is the lack of folks to ride with. Especially after years of riding Harley's and being a HOG member. We have 2 HOG chapters in my town and each has around 100 members. Really wish Polaris had a similar program, but I guess the ownership numbers are just not high enough in most areas.

I have been known to ride to Columbia for a day trip or lunch. Matter of fact, that is how I met Bubblehead the first time.

• Same here. Even during peak riding season here I might see one or two a month out on the road. Heck, even with all the trips I've made back to the dealer for various things, there was only another SS owner there when I was there once. Probably the single biggest bummer about this experience is the lack of folks to ride with. Especially after years of riding Harley's and being a HOG member. We have 2 HOG chapters in my town and each has around 100 members. Really wish Polaris had a similar program, but I guess the ownership numbers are just not high enough in most areas.

Hopefully give it time. Giving some perspective. The slingshot is only 5 years in production. If you go on a ride and were to eliminate all the motorcycles to a single brand. Then eliminate all that brand to include only newer models of that brand within the last 5 years there may be many times you would not see a brand & year in that category.

I am starting to see some slingshots on rides especially within known riding area's like riverways tourist towns' etc. Harley dealerships are very good at local dealership rides and events.

• In the time I have had my Slingshot I have only seen 2 or 3 on the road here in my area and I am pretty sure those have been rentals from a local place that rents them.

To be honest I kind of like that what I ride is rare as much as I enjoy it when I spot one I think I would be bummed if they became so popular that they were seen all the time

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In the time I have had my Slingshot I have only seen 2 or 3 on the road here in my area and I am pretty sure those have been rentals from a local place that rents them.

To be honest I kind of like that what I ride is rare as much as I enjoy it when I spot one I think I would be bummed if they became so popular that they were seen all the time

Don't think that is going to be a problem... The county I live in is just a little over 100,000 people and I know that we have over a dozen that are in the area --- and I very seldom see one on the street unless I call Bu11sh1t to go for a ride.

• Ok - Sorry but gotta brag! This was just an awesome day! 78 Degrees in the valley and 68 in the high desert. From Mt Palomar at 6K feet to Borrego Canyon floor. Ok here we go.....

Top of Palomar Mt. Ready - set - go!

Saw this gem at Mother's Kitchen top of the hill. They were ALL out today!

Down the hill to Borrego Canyon

Dino's in the Desert! There is an artist in the area that has these all over the place. I actually went "off road" for some pictures. Broke the cherry on the SS.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Those are some cool pictures.... It is funny how 6k feet looks out there... I live at 6100 feet here and it is flat.... :) All I could do was look at the hot rod today.... We got a foot of snow....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Ok - Sorry but gotta brag! This was just an awesome day! 78 Degrees in the valley and 68 in the high desert. From Mt Palomar at 6K feet to Borrego Canyon floor. Ok here we go.....

You suck....

Seriously though, I lived in San Diego (well, Poway, technically) for 8 years in the 80's and one of the things I miss most is access to rides like that. Beautiful country..

• You suck....

Seriously though, I lived in San Diego (well, Poway, technically) for 8 years in the 80's and one of the things I miss most is access to rides like that. Beautiful country..

I feel your pain😇.

Oh , and did I mention I had to clean off 4-5 bugs off the windshield this trip? What’s up with that!!!😜

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• I went hunting today for the elusive slingshot matchbox. So far non in my South Jersey area, or they sell fast. Many racks for matchbox items are empty or near empty. Some day I'll bag one!

Sooo jealous! When my wife and I lived in SD we toured, hiked through, and camped in many, many miles of the Anza Borrego Desert.

On another note: The new suspension parts on DATSling are installed! Supposed to be 67-68 here, so after my credit card takes a beating I'm off on a long ride.

-DDM Handling Kit

-DDM sway bar mounting brackets

-Twist Dynamics sway bar

Riding on my sticky Bridgestone Potenza RE71Rs. Can't wait and will report back tomorrow!

• Nice! My DDM 3 way Shocks STILL amaze me! Sticky tires, DDM 3-Way's and Grabby pads really bring out the fun! Good luck on your install and 67-68 is perfect riding weather!