Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Wow! That’s incredible! Please tell me you didn’t do it during the summer! I have been as far up to Shoshone but have not done the loop or Artist area from Ridgecrest. Really looking forward to it and the valley of fire as well. The desert is such an incredible place.

And as you probably know I’m all about pictures!☺️

Did it in the fall. I suppose I would be part of the death valley if I did it in the summer:). Beauty in it's unique way. I was told they do a lot of filming for movies there needing lunar backgrounds. Interesting stuff! Fill up before getting to the desert! Enjoy!

• Did it in the fall. I suppose I would be part of the death valley if I did it in the summer:). Beauty in it's unique way. I was told they do a lot of filming for movies there needing lunar backgrounds. Interesting stuff! Fill up before getting to the desert! Enjoy!

I have checked and there’s lots of gas along the way. I could fill up in Ridgecrest and make it to Vegas. We are bringing our hiking boots and will try to hit red rock Canyon around sunset. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I’m a lucky man to have a wife that wants to put down serious miles!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Death Valley....Ten days and counting....Tic tock tick tock - New skin on the rear and heated seats are in:thumbsup:

keep an eye out for burros - there are wild ones in some areas of the valley and sometimes they can be in the road - - wouldn't want to hit one in the slingshot

also watch out for their droppings in the road - - probably not much of a problem this time of year as the roads are pretty well traveled, but back in the day when I went up there to do some photography in the summer it was all over the road

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have checked and there’s lots of gas along the way. I could fill up in Ridgecrest and make it to Vegas. We are bringing our hiking boots and will try to hit red rock Canyon around sunset. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I’m a lucky man to have a wife that wants to put down serious miles!

Yes, you are lucky to have a wife that enjoys the trips. I am having some luck getting my wife to go on local trips. I found the Borax mines interesting. Remember the 20 mule team? I stayed at the Furnace Creek Ranch.

• keep an eye out for burros - there are wild ones in some areas of the valley and sometimes they can be in the road - - wouldn't want to hit one in the slingshot

also watch out for their droppings in the road - - probably not much of a problem this time of year as the roads are pretty well traveled, but back in the day when I went up there to do some photography in the summer it was all over the road

Years ago (60+) on a family vacation in the 'Black Hills' on a 2 lane road at the time one sections had Jackasses … Who would stop and take pictures of a 'Jackass' … everyone --- if you weren't slowing down coming down the road they would back out into the road ass to ass and you did STOP and pay toll or didn't get by. (I probably 12 or so at the time of that trip)

• keep an eye out for burros - there are wild ones in some areas of the valley and sometimes they can be in the road - - wouldn't want to hit one in the slingshot

Ummmm... Blue State problems? 😄

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Ummmm... Blue State problems? 😄

No - these are the good kind :)

left over from the gold mining days and reproduced - - although I have heard that the government have been trying to relocate them out of the park

• I have checked and there’s lots of gas along the way. I could fill up in Ridgecrest and make it to Vegas. We are bringing our hiking boots and will try to hit red rock Canyon around sunset. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I’m a lucky man to have a wife that wants to put down serious miles!

Does she drive any? Well maybe I should say, do you let her! Another question would be, does she want to?

JUST ASKING

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Does she drive any? Well maybe I should say, do you let her! Another question would be, does she want to?

JUST ASKING

She can... She has ... But never really asks anymore. So lets let that one sit... I HATE riding bitch! The only time she wanted to drive was through the desert going to Vegas one time. Back roads and all. She does not like the freeway.

It is kinda like the motorcycle. She took the class and got her cert. I took her to the dealer to try whatever she wanted and much to my pleasure she decided she likes to be a passenger. I have a 1600 Nomad Kawasaki and sometimes I have to put my hand on her leg to make sure she is still there. VERY easy person to ride with. The SS is really the same only she now has a cup holder, and a glove box and a heated/cooled seat so happy camper. Lucky me!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• When does it usually get too hot to do Death Valley? I know this is a good time but from Colorado it is difficult to get out and back this time of year..... I would really like to do that.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• When does it usually get too hot to do Death Valley? I know this is a good time but from Colorado it is difficult to get out and back this time of year..... I would really like to do that.

I would say end of May through mid to late September its going to be getting pretty hot I know it does here and Death Valley should be pretty much the same

• Man! I actually had to search for this thread! Last entry November 16 good Lord 😜

Ended up in Palm Springs of all places today In Edward Neal Neck of the woods in Whitewater. Thanks for the tip Ed! This is a short road but a worthy drive. Saw over 15 bighorn sheep today and got a selfie with Sunny ! 72 in Palm Springs 52 in corona!

In the center of this picture right where the white stripe is going through the rock is where the sheep were