Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Just got back from Chattanooga and my favorite dealer. Had an engine knock sensor issue. They reset the code and tested the scoot. Said that they have had several slings with the same issue. They can find nothing wrong with the engine nor with the sensors/wiring.

The service manager is wondering if it might be related to the latest recall. There MAY be a loose wire in the system that opens the circuit at the same time that I shut down the sling resulting in a false sensor output.

We are waiting for Polaris to send out the parts to fix the recall. Dealer will call me when the parts come in.

Until then...ride on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Read this thread about the knock sensor....what was the exact code...all the numbers

Couldn’t click and copy it so I took a picture of the thread title.

• Called my dealer and they said the only recall I have is the battery fuse block. I am on the list for when Polaris ships the parts mid November. This is a VIN driven recall and I am in there. 🙁

I checked my VIN and I am on the list as well - just out of curiosity what dealer are you using these days? I like Smith, but its a bit far. I am considering giving Coyne Powersports a call to see if they can do the recall while I wait - they are not as highly rated as smith, but being in Banning they are much closer

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• more then likely there'll be white stuff all over everything here by then, so this'll be a spring fix for me.

If there is white stuff over everything here that means we are burning to the ground😟 location location location🙂

Break out the snowmobiles and sharpen the chainsaw blade for your local lake and get your Bob House ready (aka man cave)!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I checked my VIN and I am on the list as well - just out of curiosity what dealer are you using these days? I like Smith, but its a bit far. I am considering giving Coyne Powersports a call to see if they can do the recall while I wait - they are not as highly rated as smith, but being in Banning they are much closer

I used Malcolm Smith for my motorcycle and a few times for the Slingshot as well. I like their service and they always got it right the first time however it usually took a week or two with my vehicle. I have since switched to Delamo motorsports off of the 55 freeway. I set up an appointment I tell them I am a waiter and I have always been out within an hour or two. You can’t beat that!

• I used Malcolm Smith for my motorcycle and a few times for the Slingshot as well. I like their service and they always got it right the first time however it usually took a week or two with my vehicle. I have since switched to Delamo motorsports off of the 55 freeway. I set up an appointment I tell them I am a waiter and I have always been out within an hour or two. You can’t beat that!

I'm waiting on a notice and will take it from there. I like to do an end-of-year service so hoping to knock it out then. Wow, guessing It's the same Malcom Smith that was a legend Enduro rider way back when. I don't have any extra electrical accessories to draw a larger amperage.

Hoping all is well for the California community and those fires! Stay safe out there!

• I'm waiting on a notice and will take it from there. I like to do an end-of-year service so hoping to knock it out then. Wow, guessing It's the same Malcom Smith that was a legend Enduro rider way back when. I don't have any extra electrical accessories to draw a larger amperage.

Hoping all is well for the California community and those fires! Stay safe out there!

yup! That’s the one!

I had Mike LaRocco (Honda motocross ) as a neighbor for a couple of years. My daughter baby sat his son. VERY quiet person but also very nice!

• Dang- what was done /needed?

Mounted a new rear tire (already bought my spare Riken) --- laser alignment --- master cylinder level switches --- the steering column had moved so far up it was jamming and you could just barely turn the wheel --- since they had the steering wheel off I let them replace the steering wheel with a D-Ring Demon Speed wheel --- I told them to check everything out also --- replace the angle drive seal, all of this with no warranty. Still have two recalls to do but no parts yet. I think that is all. I had already changed all of the fluids and replaced the brake pedal magnetic switch with a mechanical switch. Also I DO HAVE A GOOD DEALER! One of the recalls had been charged off but not done at another dealer. No charge on that one and they cannot get paid from Polaris

• yup! That’s the one!

I had Mike LaRocco (Honda motocross ) as a neighbor for a couple of years. My daughter baby sat his son. VERY quiet person but also very nice!

Double wow! He was good! Cool story, I'll bet If he saw the slingshot you would be the man! :D

• Texarkana Arkansas. Large car show. Me and Fatbug57 took home couple souvenirs

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• Hope that's as close as it ever gets!