Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Last weekend a buddy and I took off for a 2 day ride from Raleigh NC to New Philadelphia, Ohio. We took the scenic route going up through West Virginia. We jumped on Hwy 250 in Staunton VA and never got off until we got to New Philly. Lots of good twisties up that way. Also lots of 35 zones but it was not too bad. On the way home the next day we took I-77 back and had some good fun on the WV Turnpike. Good ride and good times.

You should have let me know

• Yesterday was my first long trip in my new GT. I rode to Quincy Florida to visit my brother which is 200 miles one way. I never had to stop. This GT is so much more comfortable than my old SL even after installing PRP seats. The stock seats in the GT are more comfortable. I have a complaint tho. The GPS led me around circles once I got to Quincy. I love this GT.

• nice country scenery

The GPS led me around circles once I got to Quincy.

I really don't like / trust most GPS's, except maybe phone based ones.

The other's are too unreliable. and forget about the excuse of "address probably hasn't been around long enough for update" BS. I used to be an EMT and the ambulance's GPS didn't know where the Togus VA hospital in Augusta Maine was. even though Togus Hospital opened BEFORE the civil war started. so it probably should have been picked up in Version 1.0 of everything

• nice country scenery

I really don't like / trust most GPS's, except maybe phone based ones.

The other's are too unreliable. and forget about the excuse of "address probably hasn't been around long enough for update" BS. I used to be an EMT and the ambulance's GPS didn't know where the Togus VA hospital in Augusta Maine was. even though Togus Hospital opened BEFORE the civil war started. so it probably should have been picked up in Version 1.0 of everything

I have to agree that I dont like the built in GPS systems, often the maps they loaded in at the factory our out of date before you even bring the vehicle home and to make things worse the dealers usually want to charge a huge fee to install any new updates and maps.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Went to the Lite the Night car show today, not to show the sling but just to check out everyone's rides. After walking around looking at everything I realized my sling was cleaner than most and modded as much as many. I parked about a block away and when I was walking back to the sling I could see people taking pics of it. They had moved on by the time I got there so I fired her up to leave. Had two more people stop me asking to take a pic before getting out of the parking lot. I really don't think my sling is anything special compared to others I've seen. ( think Painter ) There wasn't another one there so there's that. Made me feel good regardless. There was everything from T buckets to Scions but this was one of my favorites

• You should have let me know

Sorry FC. It was kind of a last second deal. My friend was going with another motorcycle rider and he backed out. I got my son to mind the shop on my weekend cleaning biz and took off to Raleigh. Stayed there Friday night then we left early Saturday morning and came back Sunday evening.

• Sorry FC. It was kind of a last second deal. My friend was going with another motorcycle rider and he backed out. I got my son to mind the shop on my weekend cleaning biz and took off to Raleigh. Stayed there Friday night then we left early Saturday morning and came back Sunday evening.

24 hours or less works, ready to rock and roll in about 30 minutes

• Yesterday was my first long trip in my new GT. I rode to Quincy Florida to visit my brother which is 200 miles one way. I never had to stop. This GT is so much more comfortable than my old SL even after installing PRP seats. The stock seats in the GT are more comfortable. I have a complaint tho. The GPS led me around circles once I got to Quincy. I love this GT.

Some of you may turn your noses up at my post of this trip. But let me tell you for a person my age this was a major accomplishment. I really surprised myself in driving 400 miles in one day. I have to pat myself on the back because my wife and I both thought that I should spend the night and drive back the next day. Thank You!

• Hey canegrinder , nobody is saying anything about your trip. Heck, it’s just like fishing.

Everyday of fishing adds an extra day to your life.

Everyday of riding your slingshot adds an extra day to your life.

Just say FunCycle or EjFord !!!

Ride hard and ride often, and most of all enjoy!

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• canegrinder - you be proud of yourself - I lost a leg and as soon as I was up moving around the first thing I did was figure out how to get in and out of the Sling. Thankfully I have been out on the road for over 2 weeks riding, going to rallies, and getting to see all my buddies again. Albeit very slow :00008172:it will be another couple weeks before I go home doing a lot more of the same!! I believe the Sling and the Sling family are ALL contributing to keeping my ass moving and living !! Ride on Sir at any damn pace you see fit !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• canegrinder - you be proud of yourself - I lost a leg and as soon as I was up moving around the first thing I did was figure out how to get in and out of the Sling. Thankfully I have been out on the road for over 2 weeks riding, going to rallies, and getting to see all my buddies again. Albeit very slow :00008172:it will be another couple weeks before I go home doing a lot more of the same!! I believe the Sling and the Sling family are ALL contributing to keeping my ass moving and living !! Ride on Sir at any damn pace you see fit !!

Thanks Guys! I feel like doing it again soon.

• Thanks Guys! I feel like doing it again soon.

I love a LOOOOONG ride... And I do some.... But I have a 15 mile loop that I do lots of evenings just to blow the troubles of the day off. A 15 mile or like I did one day ---Charleston, SC to La Porte, IN --- 915 miles every mile forward puts a little smile on my face.

• Some of you may turn your noses up at my post of this trip. But let me tell you for a person my age this was a major accomplishment. I really surprised myself in driving 400 miles in one day. I have to pat myself on the back because my wife and I both thought that I should spend the night and drive back the next day. Thank You!

I did 600 miles today and I am in Bristol. Oh well born in 1947 and I have (damn I need to check) around 89,000 miles and change since Feb. 12, 2015

• We had about 15 Slingshots together yesterday in Southern Connecticut.

Hosted by Libby's Motoworld of New Haven.

Started with coffee, donuts (courtesy of Libby's)

Some fantastic deals on Polaris Slingshot apparel.......got me a new jacket!

Lunch at the Crab Shell in Stamford CT.

2.5 hour ride home for me.....Great group of people, well worth the day.

https://youtu.be/a1rhIInPTCc

• Went to Lowe’s to get some more lumber.

Didn’t want to use the Jeep and 12’ trailer for just three 8’ trim boards.

All this work has to stop when I get there - you know watchin people work makes me sweat too much without a fan !! I will run Dr Peppers to ya - albeit very slowly :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it