Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Anyone who wants to can sit behind the wheel, bounce the cushions, grab the wheel & smile (they ALL smile!)

Just the same, the passenger's seat is the CAPTAIN'S chair - no one, no matter how rich or pretty gets THAT ride! :thumbsup:

Sometimes it's ok to give a lady a "taste" of the captains chair, let them feel the POWA :thumbsup:

• Did the cemetery tour yesterday. Putting flowers on friends and relatives. Around 100 miles, so we're up to a whopping 300 now.

REALLY noticed the annoying high pitched WHINE at times. Sure hope that goes away.

• Did the cemetery tour yesterday. Putting flowers on friends and relatives. Around 100 miles, so we're up to a whopping 300 now.

REALLY noticed the annoying high pitched WHINE at times. Sure hope that goes away.

openair

The whine is likely belt noise. Take a bucket of warm soapy water and a nylon brush (I use an old vegetable brush). Clean the belt, roll the sling a foot or so and clean the next section. It's not as much of a chore as it seems, the belt is quite short.

Let the belt dry & spray it with silicone lube, again its spray & roll a bit until it's all covered.

The two below are my favorites for this, the Blaster garage door lube lasts longer but both work well.

This solved my belt noise problem perfectly, I just relube every few weeks and clean the belt twice a season or so.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

And if it's not the belt whine, it's the angle drive gears. Give them 1500 miles then change the rear drive oil. You'll see lots of metallic particles in it the first time (Gears meshing into each other providing final machining.)

• Humm makes a lot of sense but what about possible slip on the belt or "goo" flinging all around?

Perhaps being "hearing" challenged I am missing the belt noise or with pushing 20k the belt is worn in and does not make a noise. Perhaps ignorance IS bliss on this one.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Humm makes a lot of sense but what about possible slip on the belt or "goo" flinging all around?

Perhaps being "hearing" challenged I am missing the belt noise or with pushing 20k the belt is worn in and does not make a noise. Perhaps ignorance IS bliss on this one.

silicone lubes are very thin, sort of like WD-40, the solvent flashes off and leaves a micro thin coating of silicone - no goo at all. Even if you 'spray-n-drive', the belt would be dry in seconds. The dry nature of the silicone lube is also less likely to attract dust & dirt.

The lube allows the belt to slip sideways across the large pulley under acceleration and as the belt warms with driving - no noise!

• silicone lubes are very thin, sort of like WD-40, the solvent flashes off and leaves a micro thin coating of silicone - no goo at all. Even if you 'spray-n-drive', the belt would be dry in seconds. The dry nature of the silicone lube is also less likely to attract dust & dirt.

The lube allows the belt to slip sideways across the large pulley under acceleration and as the belt warms with driving - no noise!

You also have a dry lube that can be used

• silicone lubes are very thin, sort of like WD-40, the solvent flashes off and leaves a micro thin coating of silicone - no goo at all. Even if you 'spray-n-drive', the belt would be dry in seconds. The dry nature of the silicone lube is also less likely to attract dust & dirt.

Should I ever hear that thing I will try it! The only time I can hear the noise is when I down load the go pro - otherwise my hearing loss is a blessing!

• https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u…-open-drawbridge-n1010056

Can’t believe somebody tried this again - this bridge is 5 miles from my house - bout 10 years ago a guy tried the same Dukes Of Hazzard trick on the bridge I can see from my porch (I live on an island). if you could see these draw bridges how somebody thinks they can jump em is beyond me - and these guys weren’t even coonasses :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Can’t believe somebody tried this again - this bridge is 5 miles from my house - bout 10 years ago a guy tried the same Dukes Of Hazzard trick on the bridge I can see from my porch (I live on an island). if you could see these draw bridges how somebody thinks they can jump em is beyond me - and these guys weren’t even coonasses :00008172::00008172:

Here- watch this- hold my beer 🤪

Darwin Award winner... tandem division!

• The Captain & I traveled to Jasper, AR for breakfast at the Blue Mountain Bakery & Cafe. Lovely drive, about 70 miles from the Ranch. Wonderful mountain roads, much better terrain and views than the Pig Trail in my opinion!

On the way back, we stopped at a camp ground along the Buffalo River. Does this qualify as my photo of my Slingshot near a body of water? You can't actually *see* the water because the grass is too high, but it's there, lots of people were taking kayaks in & out in the camp ground.

This would be a better road trip from Eureka Springs than the Pig Trail - about the same distance/time, nicer views, better maintained roads, and a nice little town with a couple of good restaurants at the end!

The river runs along the bluff in the background - about a hundred yards from the sling.

• IIRC, there is a good place to park next to the river there in Jasper, on the east side of town, but it's been a few years since I've been up that way. It's not the Buffalo river there in town though, just a tributary.

Beautiful area, love taking scenic 7 up from Hot Springs to Jasper.

• I took my Sling to work today

Everyone else took theirs to Maggie Valley

;(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies