Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• just a wee bit chilly for a ride.

went to my local tire shop for a nitto NT555 G2 I had them order for me.

it felt better then the OEM tire for the short drive back.

I'll wait til it warms up to a balmy 50* before taking to the curves.

• I just put the Nitto 555 G2 on last week in Bristol at the Mayhem in the Mountains event and after a week of riding with it I am not a fan of it. "Just my 2 cent" 90,000 miles and counting

I know you've used a bunch of different tires. What are the issues with the Nitto? There's lots of fans out there.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I know you've used a bunch of different tires. What are the issues with the Nitto? There's lots of fans out there.

I have had tires with better traction without the brand hype and personally I do not like the tread pattern for wet riding. The best tire that I have had was the deleted General G-Max AS 03 I think it was. There is another Top brand that I did not like and I ran the summer tire and the all weather of the same tire. Many conversations on that one, even the person that stuck by that one has steeped up to something else. The other set that I have mounted is the I think deleted also Riken Raptor ZR. I have the fronts and another brand new one for the rear. That was the one that did not survive Bristol and replaced with the Nitto because I could get it the same day. According to the phone call I just got while typing this. I now have a third set of tires and rims with the Sling Shot attached to this set.:):REDSS:

• I now have a third set of tires and rims with the Sling Shot attached to this set.

Congrats man! Looking forward to seeing pics. Oops - I mean hearing a description. Thanks for the info on the Nitto. I was going to buy that tire, then I talked to Goats_Hogs who showed me his 275 General G-Max and I went with that. I'm real happy with that tire and would/will buy it again, and will likely put them on front as well someday.

• Congrats man! Looking forward to seeing pics. Oops - I mean hearing a description. Thanks for the info on the Nitto. I was going to buy that tire, then I talked to Goats_Hogs who showed me his 275 General G-Max and I went with that. I'm real happy with that tire and would/will buy it again, and will likely put them on front as well someday.

When I bought the Riken's they did not have the new General RS tires out yet and I had to have some tires, SUMMER SEASON was a coming.

• When I bought the Riken's they did not have the new General RS tires out yet and I had to have some tires, SUMMER SEASON was a coming.

The General G-Max RS is a summer tire. I avoid rain and didn't feel like I needed an all-season. I did get caught in a torrential downpour in Banff National Park in Alberta this summer with it on the rear (and stock Kendas on front) and felt solid. I just turned off both nannies like someone here recommended (who was that?) and slowed my ass down. I went through standing water twice without a shimmy, shake or even minor slide. Thanks for the advice!

• I have had tires with better traction without the brand hype and personally I do not like the tread pattern for wet riding. The best tire that I have had was the deleted General G-Max AS 03 I think it was. There is another Top brand that I did not like and I ran the summer tire and the all weather of the same tire. Many conversations on that one, even the person that stuck by that one has steeped up to something else. The other set that I have mounted is the I think deleted also Riken Raptor ZR. I have the fronts and another brand new one for the rear. That was the one that did not survive Bristol and replaced with the Nitto because I could get it the same day. According to the phone call I just got while typing this. I now have a third set of tires and rims with the Sling Shot attached to this set.:):REDSS:

They were the BFG Comp2 summers that you did not like but I was very happy with them. Just tried to buy a set for my new rims and no one near me had any that were not out of date.

Just mounted a set of Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position Summers on the new rims. I was running the last of the rubber off my current BFG s before I put these on.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Not having the vast experience of tires on Slingshots as FunCycle , I will say that the Nitto 555 G2 is a bit squirrelly for the first 150 to 200 miles. But, I like it after the manufacture oils are exuded, it gets scuffed up, and the tire seats.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Not having the vast experience of tires on Slingshots as FunCycle , I will say that the Nitto 555 G2 is a bit squirrelly for the first 150 to 200 miles. But, I like it after the manufacture oils are exuded, it gets scuffed up, and the tire seats.

Bought the rear 555 in Bristol and put around 1,300 miles playing on the crooked roads and side ways in the corners and the hair pins. So I think the oils are gone by now, Just ask Painter and Jim Camp.

• took a 200 mile ride. there may be (probably are) better tires out there then the nitto.

but it's a HE** (a warm place) better then the OEM Kendas.

didn't squirm when I punched it coming pout of curves, or passing someone like the Kendas did, I'm very happy with it.

• I just put the Nitto 555 G2 on last week in Bristol at the Mayhem in the Mountains event and after a week of riding with it I am not a fan of it. "Just my 2 cent" 90,000 miles and counting

I am currently running a 555g2 for my get around tire and I like you am not a fan of it. It doesn't have the traction in a straight line or in the curves that I would like. On the other hand it doesn't seem to be wearing very fast for all the spinning that it's doing. It will likely be replaced with a T1R when it goes and I may go ahead and replace the nitto's that I put on the front at the same time. On the flip side I did try a set of tires this weekend that I was impressed with. The r888r's are the real deal. They can be broken loose in the turns but you gotta be pressing it pretty hard. I am sure they would wear out quickly if I kept them on for everyday driving but that's not the plan. I bought them for a track day that I did not get to attend so I wanted to try them out for a weekend in the mountains and they did great. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I am currently running a 555g2 for my get around tire and I like you am not a fan of it. It doesn't have the traction in a straight line or in the curves that I would like. On the other hand it doesn't seem to be wearing very fast for all the spinning that it's doing. It will likely be replaced with a T1R when it goes and I may go ahead and replace the nitto's that I put on the front at the same time. On the flip side I did try a set of tires this weekend that I was impressed with. The r888r's are the real deal. They can be broken loose in the turns but you gotta be pressing it pretty hard. I am sure they would wear out quickly if I kept them on for everyday driving but that's not the plan. I bought them for a track day that I did not get to attend so I wanted to try them out for a weekend in the mountains and they did great. jes my .o2

I will be looking for something else in the rear. I'm happy with the G2's up front but the 20" 285 in the rear has never real been able to hook up like I want. Very easy to start spinning and that's in a NA sling. Do have a set of 18" rims for track day and will be getting some comp type tires for those.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: