Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Oh and also on my trip to the dealer the show room had no Slingshots at all. Asked if they had dropped the line and they said no they are not getting any in. This is a large dealer who sells a lot of them and normally has 8 or more in the show room.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Oh and also on my trip to the dealer the show room had no Slingshots at all. Asked if they had dropped the line and they said no they are not getting any in. This is a large dealer who sells a lot of them and normally has 8 or more in the show room.

Back a few months ago my dealer had four on the floor and a few more in the back. I checked the showroom inventory just a few days ago and nothing in current stock.

• I have no personal experience with this, but I have read several posts over the years by people who swear the best sounding exhaust they have heard on the Slingshot was the stock muffler with the cat delete pipe - to me this would indicate that the cat delete pipe must make some difference in the tone - I believe FunCycle is one of the members here I have seen talk about this - - - perhaps he can chime in and tell you what you want to know

I have the cold air intake / 1320 V2 Header / and the Thermal R&D Ceramic exhaust. The tone is about 85% for me. I like it but if it had a bit of a deeper tone it would be perfect. No where in the loud range. I did feel a bit more get up and go from stock - not a whole lot but noticeable.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have the cold air intake / 1320 V2 Header / and the Thermal R&D Ceramic exhaust. The tone is about 85% for me. I like it but if it had a bit of a deeper tone it would be perfect. No where in the loud range. I did feel a bit more get up and go from stock - not a whole lot but noticeable.

ever since the day I brought my Slingshot home I have been looking at the different headers and exhaust options, but after seeing the numbers from Kyle In this thread I just dont know if I really want to mess with things. I have some worries that any changes to the system here in California could cause problems down the road when the time comes to sell it (if ever) or if our lovely state were to ever decide to mandate inspections of motorcycles - Seriously this has been proposed in our state several times before and I highly suspect it will eventually happen. In the end I really dont have any complaints about the power or the sound of my slingshot as it is right now so why mess??

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• California evidently just started checking the tune code in the ECU to verify that the ECU has a CARB-approved tune. It appears that if the tune has been changed, the vehicle is automatically failed and can not be re-registered until the tune has been properly restored. At tis time, nothing has been said about motorcycles. More info here - https://www.google.com/search?…1-d&q=CARB+ECu+tune+check.

• California evidently just started checking the tune code in the ECU to verify that the ECU has a CARB-approved tune. It appears that if the tune has been changed, the vehicle is automatically failed and can not be re-registered until the tune has been properly restored. At tis time, nothing has been said about motorcycles. More info here - https://www.google.com/search?…1-d&q=CARB+ECu+tune+check.

Would love to see a link if you have one

I dont know how they can be doing this unless its something being done on trade in at dealers - currently California has no smog check requirements for motorcycles and no annual inspections of any kind - - - by law you are not allowed to change any of the factory smog related components but like I said with no smog tests or inspections the only way it would ever be looked at would be at a dealer - - at this point smog tests are not even required for private party sales

please enlighten me - - its California so I would never be surprised if they such something into some bill that no one has heard of yet

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• The search I included above has articles saying the OBDII ECU Code checks are supposed to start July 19, 2021 and if the ECU code check shows the ECu has been reprogrammed with a non-CARB-approved tune, the vehicle will automatically fail even if an emissions test shows the vehicle is still compliant with the established emission requirements for the year model.

This article (https://www.thedrive.com/news/41606/california-starts-cracking-down-on-non-approved-ecu-tunes-today-heres-why) does a pretty good job explaining the new interpretation of CARB's power, based on the rules established in 2013 and which will now be enforced. The authors compiled a more easily understood interpretation of CARB's FAQs at he end of their article.

To me, this is going a little too far. If a vehicle fails simply because the tune has been modified, why even bother to perform the emissions test on that vehicle?If a vehicle's emissions are within the allowed limits for the model year, the vehicle should still be considered as complying with the law, modified tune or not!

• The search I included above has articles saying the OBDII ECU Code checks are supposed to start July 19, 2021 and if the ECU code check shows the ECu has been reprogrammed with a non-CARB-approved tune, the vehicle will automatically fail even if an emissions test shows the vehicle is still compliant with the established emission requirements for the year model.

This article (https://www.thedrive.com/news/41606/california-starts-cracking-down-on-non-approved-ecu-tunes-today-heres-why) does a pretty good job explaining the new interpretation of CARB's power, based on the rules established in 2013 and which will now be enforced. The authors compiled a more easily understood interpretation of CARB's FAQs at he end of their article.

To me, this is going a little too far. If a vehicle fails simply because the tune has been modified, why even bother to perform the emissions test on that vehicle?If a vehicle's emissions are within the allowed limits for the model year, the vehicle should still be considered as complying with the law, modified tune or not!

thanks for the link - - seems to be unrelated to motorcycles as far as I can tell - - - technically it has always been against the rules to install any non CARB approved equipment on any California vehicle and this does include alterations like tunes - when cars and trucks are tested a part of the test is supposed to be a visual inspection looking to see if any stock componets have been changed or altered and if something is changed it the new part must be marked CARP approved - tunes on the other hand would normally have only been discovered if the vehicle didn't pass the smog portion of the test - - - from your link it would seem they are now going to actually hook up to the OBDII port to see if it reads as it would from the factory

As I mentioned above several times in the past California has considered having smog tests for motorcycles but every time so far this has failed to make it to law. Under current law we are not supposed to replace any part with a non CARB approved part, but without inspections or tests you can do it and there is no practical way for them to know.

if you look on sites like slingmods you may notice this disclaimer on all of the exhaust systems and cold air intakes they sell

*NOT LEGAL FOR USE ON ANY POLLUTION CONTROLLED MOTOR VEHICLES IN CALIFORNIA OR STATES ADOPTING CALIFORNIA EMISSION PROCEDURES.

• Dinner with friends then a little cruise downtown for a few loops before calling it a night. Had some bikes mess with me on the way home... I know they are faster but was fun doing some pulls with them and with the thumbs up I got pretty sure they were surprised what I had for them. Good times! Planning a group ride up to Pikes Peak on Sunday, should be fun.

No description available.

• Todays Saturday drive took us out to lunch at Pappy & Harriets out in Pioneer Town. Pioneer Town was originally built as a movie set for westerns where the actors and other personnel would actually stay and live in the town - Pappy & Harriets and the history of Pioneer Town

• Dinner with friends then a little cruise downtown for a few loops before calling it a night. Had some bikes mess with me on the way home... I know they are faster but was fun doing some pulls with them and with the thumbs up I got pretty sure they were surprised what I had for them. Good times! Planning a group ride up to Pikes Peak on Sunday, should be fun.

Are you boosted?

• Are you boosted?

DDM supercharger with 100mm currently.

Did get the sling out today... Went to a car show this morning and it turns out the show is tomorrow and I can't read dates on the flyer... So got some breakfast, trip to sams to fill it up, then home to work on my driveway. We went out later with our sling friends to a Hot Rod Rock n Rumble at PPIR raceway in Pueblo. Had some cool stuff going on all day today and a flame thrower contest when it got dark that was kinda cool. Wife wanted to bail as burlesque show started...go figure. Tomorrow headed up the peak with a good sized group hopefully!

Some vids of those flame trucks - https://www.facebook.com/10000…959384084/379485967021099

Hey, do you post these get togethers any where? I am in Littleton and would ride down for some of the stuff... Like Pikes Peak :)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Hey, do you post these get togethers any where? I am in Littleton and would ride down for some of the stuff... Like Pikes Peak :)

I can for sure hook you up with the Denver group or give you the facebook groups etc.. where these are posted. Definitely welcome to join us anytime!! Message me your info on here if not on the socials and I can text when I know of rides etc... We do some night rides in Denver too with the lights - all the rides are fun really good groups between springs and denver crews!

My son and I did the peak today. Wife wouldn't come, she's not a fan of those switchbacks and no guard-rails. We ended up with 6 out of the 9 or so that were supposed to make it, but was still a good group and picked up a couple gold wings at our meet up spot that joined us which is always fun. Pictures don't do that place justice, yet here's a few I snapped along the way!

Short vid my son just sent me... was near bottom. Wish I'd of brought 360 camera or he'd of shot one above tree line -

• DDM supercharger with 100mm currently.

Did get the sling out today... Went to a car show this morning and it turns out the show is tomorrow and I can't read dates on the flyer... So got some breakfast, trip to sams to fill it up, then home to work on my driveway. We went out later with our sling friends to a Hot Rod Rock n Rumble at PPIR raceway in Pueblo. Had some cool stuff going on all day today and a flame thrower contest when it got dark that was kinda cool. Wife wanted to bail as burlesque show started...go figure. Tomorrow headed up the peak with a good sized group hopefully!

Some vids of those flame trucks - https://www.facebook.com/10000…959384084/379485967021099

Where are the burlesque videos???