Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• About a month ago, I met the man who actually owns the house next door to me (it’s a rental - the man & his wife recently moved to Tucson; ironically, his brother is the new renter). I digress. The owner is a black man from CA, born & raised, & he has an Asian wife. Lovely couple (met her too). Anyways, he got tired of CA’s BS & moved here. For the price he got out out of his home in CA, he bought a mansion here + 4 other homes to use as rental income. He said CA turned him from being a Democrat into a staunch Conservative. He said he can’t understand why ANYONE still lives there.

I suspect that most people stay here simply because it is where they are employed. I also suspect that with newly discovered ease with which people can work from home that has come as a result of COVID that many of these people will now realize they are not stuck here just because it is where their employer is located

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I’m house hunting in N Carolina - Asheville - Hendersonville area. I’m seein Biden/Harris yard signs and a BIG “Democrats grow some balls” sign. I just smile and wave with my MAGA hat on. Moving on to Franklin, NC on the 1st - if I make it here that long - I’m thinkin a coonass Trump supporter here may be a turd in the punch bowl :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I’m house hunting in N Carolina - Asheville - Hendersonville area. I’m seein Biden/Harris yard signs and a BIG “Democrats grow some balls” sign. I just smile and wave with my MAGA hat on. Moving on to Franklin, NC on the 1st - if I make it here that long - I’m thinkin a coonass Trump supporter here may be a turd in the punch bowl :00008172:

That reminds me of a line from a movie: 'You can be a turd in my punch bowl any day!'

Maybe that wasn't a movie...

Anyway, good luck on the search. I'm not sure how I'd choose a new location these days. It seems like nothing is 'normal'. Do you have an update on your damaged home?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That reminds me of a line from a movie: 'You can be a turd in my punch bowl any day!'

Maybe that wasn't a movie...

Anyway, good luck on the search. I'm not sure how I'd choose a new location these days. It seems like nothing is 'normal'. Do you have an update on your damaged home?

The news sure forgot it quick didn’t they?? Calcasieu Parish where Lake Charles is does mostly have power and water restored. Still trying to clear debris and put tarps on roofs. Cameron Parish - south of Lake Charles & where I live - is a different story. Complete war zone - no power or water yet. Water still over many roads from TS Beta. My house is at least weatherproofed to prevent further damage. My friends tell me there are u haul trucks loading what is left and heading north every day. I would imagine the petro/chemical industries will rebound quickly but it will literally take a couple years before life returns to normal for most folks. For my parish - I believe most of it will become a bird sanctuary and building restrictions will be so severe most won’t be able to afford to rebuild there. I’m hoping to sell my place as a hunting/fishing club. Probably be April 2021 before repairs are completed on my home. It’s a big ole mess is the long and short of it !!

• Went out to see a couple of my painting costumers....beautiful day in Northern Indiana for a Slingshot ride. Also the time of year that the 'black walnuts' are falling from the trees --- lots of black walnut trees along the road way. For those who don't know a black walnut with the husk as it drops from the trees is about the size of a tennis ball and probably weighs about 8oz. 60 mph on a beautiful county road and one caught me just above the pocket of my shirt. Glad it hit there --- 6 in to the right and would have caught me in the face and the Slingshot might have been up the next tree. Woke me up ... caught a acorn falling from an Oak on the fore head a couple of years ago. Keep eyes open for the types of trees in your riding area.

Beautiful day for riding.

• Went out to see a couple of my painting costumers....beautiful day in Northern Indiana for a Slingshot ride. Also the time of year that the 'black walnuts' are falling from the trees --- lots of black walnut trees along the road way. For those who don't know a black walnut with the husk as it drops from the trees is about the size of a tennis ball and probably weighs about 8oz. 60 mph on a beautiful county road and one caught me just above the pocket of my shirt. Glad it hit there --- 6 in to the right and would have caught me in the face and the Slingshot might have been up the next tree. Woke me up ... caught a acorn falling from an Oak on the fore head a couple of years ago. Keep eyes open for the types of trees in your riding area.

caught a acorn falling from an Oak on the fore head a couple of years ago.”

DAMN!!!! That explains a lot :00008172:

Sorry buddy... just couldn’t pass that one up - you teed it up way to well

Sorry your company isn't in my neck of the woods.

Went to SWP to pick colors for the house. Price of getting the big house painted is eye watering - handing that check to a pal would make it sting a bit less...

Still, the house hasn't been painted since it was built in '04 - really needs it! We want our place to look kinda like this....

This is how it looks now. Kinda sad. The previous owner picked ONE color, covered the place inside & out, every room with this off white - except the doors which got painted refrigerator white. 🙄

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Did do a house in Harrison, AR about 25 years ago. When you talk about the cost of painting a house it even scares me. Use to think that a $1,000.00 was a crazy cost. Thur evening quoted one at $11,750.00 (labor and material) and this morning one a $8,750.00. I'm fully booked for exterior work for this season --- probably won't get every thing done that is on the books for this fall and have 8 weeks interior work book for the colder weather that's coming. and 6 weeks worth of work on the books for next year. It's just been NUTS.

• Nice property.

• Just got a picture of my scooter...😩

Just got a pic of my baby today and I can’t tell if she is is damaged or not - if I need a painter it’s gonna cost like painting a house 😩😩

• Left Wednesday 1 pm with Jerry. 1 ton truck and trailer to Ft. Meyer Florida to pick up a 2015 orange slingshot in show condition 2800 miles. For my Daughter. Turn down his road Friday morning had 1/2 mile to go could only do 4 miles a hour because of road conditions should have turn around right then. Show conditions slingshot THE ONLY THING THAT WAS GOOD WAS THE LICENSE PLATE HOLDER. I never said a word got back in my truck and left. Drove to Tampa Florida so Jerry could buy a tow truck . The man wouldn’t let Jerry raise anything with it. We got home last night with money still in pocket.

SORRY GUYS SHOULD HAVE COME TO BRISTOL TN INSTEAD OF FLORIDA

(Old Pictures). Of slingshot

• I just got back from Bristol a few minutes ago. For those that do not know, I left for Clarksville on Sept 17 and then went to Bristol for the week. A great trip except for the 226 miles of rain on the way to Clarksville and then rain all day on Thurs. and Fri. of this week in Bristol. Oh! I forgot 2,000 miles total. Working on 14,000 miles on Sling II, this was the first time out of town.