The Infamous Check Engine Light- Slingshot Down

• The first time I got the engine code was on the loneliest highway in Utah a few miles behind the slingshot across America chase truck and trailer. We were doing well over 100 trying to catch back up when I plugged my phone into the outlet between the seats. Since it appeared to happen right after I plugged in the phone I thought it was an electricaliddur so we proceeded to shut the radio off and I unplugged everything in the glove box. We then limped along at 80 for another 40 minutes until I had service on my phone and could look up the code on the internet. Would it be possible to post pictures of the codes or are there too many pages?

• Thanks @Tripod and @rabtech. Given other circumstances that have come up, I'm dropping the Sling off at CycleSprings tomorrow - I'm going to be without a trailer for a bit so they can keep the Sling and do the recall work as well. By the time they are finished, I should have the new trailer and can head to Texas! Leaving the Sling for that amount of time is to my benefit - not something I would normally do.

• Thanks @Tripod and @rabtech. Given other circumstances that have come up, I'm dropping the Sling off at CycleSprings tomorrow - I'm going to be without a trailer for a bit so they can keep the Sling and do the recall work as well. By the time they are finished, I should have the new trailer and can head to Texas! Leaving the Sling for that amount of time is to my benefit - not something I would normally do.

Which trailer did you end up going with, Anita?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Got the 65557 code a week ago. Was 100+ miles from home. Got it to the dealer 30 miles away from where I got the code. No gauges, no steering and would not start at first. Fuse block to the right of the battery melted. Lucky it made it to dealer. Quit about 4 times on the way. Dealer said Polaris usually replaces the entire wiring harness. It's been a week and I have not heard from the dealer yet.

• Got the 65557 code a week ago. Was 100+ miles from home. Got it to the dealer 30 miles away from where I got the code. No gauges, no steering and would not start at first. Fuse block to the right of the battery melted. Lucky it made it to dealer. Quit about 4 times on the way. Dealer said Polaris usually replaces the entire wiring harness. It's been a week and I have not heard from the dealer yet.

Sorry to hear about such a huge problem @EricRedSL!!! That really sucks!!! I hope the dealer takes good care of you and can get your Sling back on the road as quickly as possible!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

Would be interested in knowing the model year and what accessories you have.

Wonder what would melt that fuse box. To much current draw?

• mine was at 1500 the first time and 6500 when it finally said by, by. No meltdown of the fuse block ... That's weird?
    There was the relay recall for the lights.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• 26 days and no word from dealer. Mine is out of warranty by 45 days. Polaris gave me a 2 month extension due to steering rack recall but that does not good when I bought it in Dec 14 andays I don't ride in Jan or Feb in Maine. Maine is 1 of 10 states with an implied warranty against mfg defects for 4 years from date of purchase. That is my last hope if it gets to that. I AM PREPARED FOR THE LONG HAUL on this one.

• Here... maybe this will stump you. I have a code of 65557 (which is "Stability control can messages lost"), but has anyone seen a "65557 SPN 9FMI"?

Had alternator issues this weekend where the stock wire to the alternator fell out of the crimped lug ring. Battery fell to 7v and all the nanny lights went crazy. Check engine light is still on and figure it will be for a bit, but never seen that message. Also go the P3503 for speed signal still on. Hoping they go away in the next day or so.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates