Hood Emblem removal

• Whats the best way to remove Hood emblem so no damage/ scuffs...Thinking of hair drier & heating? Emblem is pretty tight to hood, so can't carefully put a plastic wedge or anything under to pop. Recommendations?

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Take a piece of fishing line and slide it under the edges and "saw" it back and forth while using upward pressure against the emblem so you don't mark the paint. It's fairly easy to get it off (even without Tripod's assistance)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Take a piece of fishing line and slide it under the edges and "saw" it back and forth while using upward pressure against the emblem so you don't mark the paint. It's fairly easy to get it off (even without Tripod's assistance)

:thumbup: thought of that, but I ended up using a piece of tough card board, got enough pull on emblem and sort of just pushed cardboard in while lifting. After a few corners lifted popped right off. I gotta tell ya the tape they used is tough stuff!

What about using weedeater line?
    wouldn't it be tougher and cut better than fishing line?
    Or is it too thick

• I'll tell you what , behind the badge was a mess!! There were fine scratches and I was baffled how they got there? I had to scrub / buff with Scratch Away and wax OVER AND OVER to get to where I was good with area

• I'll tell you what , behind the badge was a mess!! There were fine scratches and I was baffled how they got there? I had to scrub / buff with Scratch Away and wax OVER AND OVER to get to where I was good with area

Same here.........Mine was a mess also and ended up having to re order the badge and put it back on just to cover up the mess......

Slingshot SL "KEEP OFF"
    BUILD DATE 12/14 VIN# 2235

2015 Slingshot SL
    2004 HD V-Rod
    2003 Dodge Ram Hemi
    1999 Corvette convertible

• Same here.........Mine was a mess also and ended up having to re order the badge and put it back on just to cover up the mess......

Im baffled!! how does that happen? So It wasn't only me!! ?(:cursing:

• So ... You want to know the easy and best way to remove the hood emblem?????

1. Get some lacquer thinner and put it in a squeeze bottle. Make sure the bottle is of a material that will withstand the solvent.
    2. Raise the hood.
    3. Place an old towel over the black nose piece to protect it.
    4. Squeeze a little thinner around the top of the emblem, wait 15 seconds and do it again. (Lacquer Thinner will not hurt your paint but will discolor the black plastic
    .)
    5. With a thin putty knife, gently insert just under the metal and apply a little up-pressure while squeezing more thinner around and under the emblem.
    6. Move putty knife to a few locations and the emblem will lift off leaving the rubber insert.
    7. With your thumb, start rolling the remaining rubber and it will come off.
    8. Put thinner on a rag or paper towel and gently rub off any remaining residue.

NOTE: DO NOT USE ENAMEL REDUCER AS THAT WILL HURT YOUR PAINT AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT NEAR ANY FLAME SOURCE AS THINNER IS HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE!

This will also work on the rear emblems but lay towel below on painted surface to keep thinner from reaching the insert pieces.