around a corner and I see a booth with lots of shocks with signs that
    say JRi.

Humm….I thought to myself never heard of JRi but they have shocks! Let’s
    give it one more try. I go to the booth and introduce myself and give
    my speech that is now canned. The gentleman I was talking to said “let
    me have you talk to our engineer, he’s right over here”

I talk to Steve ( JRi’s engineer) and he sounds interested and is
    willing to listen. I tell him there is a slingshot on display at the
    Kenda tire booth if you want to walk over and take a look. Sure he says!
    So we head over and Steve looks over the stock shocks and says no
    problem, we can make shocks and would be happy to work with you. SWING!

This took place in November and when I returned home we got the project
    started. I sent out my stock shocks to Steve and gave him the specs on
    the slingshot ( weight, handling impressions, and goal with better
    shocks) When Steve received the OEM shocks they were tested on their
    shock dyno to check valving and performance.

By early January I received the prototype set of shocks specifically
    designed ground up for the slingshot. We had a mild winter so on they
    went on my machine and out I went testing. Testing took a month and
    consisted of changing out springs to change/test various spring rates as
    well as a handful of re-valving to get the correct valving right for
    the sling. Once I got the settings right the shocks went into
    production. We released shocks in February.

Before any work started after our first meeting I came home and did a
    little homework on JRi since I had never herd of them. Wow is what I
    found! Jeff Ryan is a legend in motorsports and has been building shocks
    and winning races for years from Indy, Nascar, off road, street etc….
    here is a lil bio on Jeff
    jrishocks.com/contactus/jeff-ryan-bio/

The reviews come in and allot of people were shocked by the improvement
    these shocks make. I work more and more with Jeff and Steve and get to
    know them well and we have since become good friends.

JRi shocks have a big advantage over the competitors you can read all the technical info here:
    jrishocks.com/technical/jri-advantage/

Not only are the shocks industry leading but a HUGE advantage that no
    other shock manufacture has is our combined service. We are out at most
    major events and if you need sales, service, technical assistance, or
    warranty work we can do that on the spot in most cases. All shocks are
    hand made right here in the USA by humans and I’ll be honest we have had
    some leak from a bad seal that was nicked during assembly or a seal
    just goes bad.

Because of the relationship I have with JRi if a problem arises I
    usually send/text pics to them especially after-hours and the problem is
    handled right away. I can assure you we will take care of you even
    after the sale.

So in the end it was meant to Be for Alpha and JRi to team up especially
    since Steve and Jeff love beer and maybe even a bit more than I do!
    Here is a pic of Steve at a event with us, and he brings us BEER!

• I have been riding on some JRi shocks I installed on my Slingshot more than two weeks ago and just love the way my Slingshot now rides. I can feel the difference in the ride and it handles a lot better than the stock shocks. Well worth the price!

• I had problems with one JRI and Slingmods and Alpha were all over it so that it could be sent back quickly for rebuilding and the back in my hands as quickly as possible. I only have 2 out of 3 installed and I love it - can't wait for the 3rd to get back to me. As Alpha knows, here in Wisconsin we have roads that could rattle the teeth out of your skull before you can get to 2nd gear but we also have some great twisties too - the JRI'S just make the ride and performance soooo much better than stock. US made with Alpha leading the way - do i need to say more?

• Not to be taken as a complaint (I love these JRI adjustable coilovers) but it would seem better to use a plastic punch and hammer than the "tool" which was supplied with the coilovers... That "tool" was like a square peg in a round hole... It didn't fit the round holes in the Spring Preload Adjusters nor the Lock Rings. Also, there were no plastic thrust washers or thrust bearings installed between the springs and Spring Preload Adjusters -- which makes adjustment of height more difficult with the shocks installed in the vehicle. Installing thrust bearings is easy on the rear shock, but it was more difficult on the front shocks as the springs needed to be compressed... I guess nothing is simple... Anyway, see the pics below...

What kinda "tool" is this?

Can you say square peg in a round hole?

Doesn't work on the lockrings either...

Lets use the right tool...

A round peg for a round hole...

Fits perfectly! No chance of marring anything...

I dug out my soft-jaw electrical pliers from the toolchest...

Fits the Lock Rings perfectly, again no chance of marring things up...

Uh oh... The front springs were compressed... Break out the strut compressor... It was a close fit -- the PE soft inserts wouldn't fit. I used blue masking tape on the spring jaws and plastic cut from a water bottle to protect the shock body...

Yay... Thrust bearings installed... Easy to re-compress the springs for reassembly.

With thrust bearings installed, it was cake to adjust height. No sweating, skinned knuckles or swearing while fighting against the spring -- just an easy flip of the wrist to twist the Spring Preload Adjusters. Also, using the correct shock wrench made for a way easier time... Yeah, yeah -- I know, these wrenches are probably a bit too expensive to give away with the coilovers. But, you could at least offer them with the coilovers. I'd bet lots of people would order them. Having plastic thrust washers or the option for thrust bearings would be nice too -- would save people the trouble of compressing the front springs to install these...

Again, I love these JRI shocks...

• I had problems with one JRI and Slingmods and Alpha were all over it so that it could be sent back quickly for rebuilding and the back in my hands as quickly as possible. I only have 2 out of 3 installed and I love it - can't wait for the 3rd to get back to me. As Alpha knows, here in Wisconsin we have roads that could rattle the teeth out of your skull before you can get to 2nd gear but we also have some great twisties too - the JRI'S just make the ride and performance soooo much better than stock. US made with Alpha leading the way - do i need to say more?

@Ross your shock was shipped back to you today I will Pm you your tracking number!

• I was lucky enough to have one of the first sets of JRi two way adjustables and can confirm they are definitely the first upgrade anyone should do to their Slingshot. The ride and handling is far superior to the stock suspention. We've pushed the level one notch and have a revalved/resprung set on our Turbo'd Slingshot due to the amount of time we spend on racetracks. @Turbosling has been very instrumental in making this happen and continues to work with us on future projects with JRi. If i remember right JRi has a serial # on each shock and can keep track/monitor all of the work they do on your shocks... :thumbup:

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• @Ross your shock was shipped back to you today I will Pm you your tracking number!

WOW! As always just top notch service from @Turbosling and the folks at JRI. They got my bad luck coil over fixed and FedEx has it on a truck to be delivered Thursday! Just outstanding. Simply the best quality and service from Alpha and JRI .... can't wait to get it on the sling and enjoy the crap out of it! Sure there are other vendors out there - sure they have reasonable prices - but these boys a cheesheads and they started this specifically for the Slingshot. Are the other shocks just as good - probably but I don't even care. Could I find cheaper - probably but I don't even care. Can anyone match or beat Alpha or JRI service - not a chance! @Turbosling you and your crew at Alpha along with JRI and Slingmods are the best - thank you for treating me like a well respected and appreciated customer. I need to make a road trip north and thank you and your crew properly and drool over everything in your facility! Thank you again

• I did the JRI 2 way adjustable from Alpha and have had the pleasure of driving on them for 1 1/2 years. One must do upgrade for all slingshots. They can be adjusted to float down the highway like a 72 cadillac, or stiffened up for your twisty road days. I have found the happy clicker setting that accomplishes both. Great shocks that come with the proper pre-load set.

• Thanks for the torque info. Just got the shocks but will not put them on until tonight when the heat subsides. Only issue I gave is, paying $100 for the paint and there are some scracthes and a gouge on 2 of the springs. Guess I will use some black touchup paint. I will review the ride after I get a few hundred miles on them.

• Thanks for the torque info. Just got the shocks but will not put them on until tonight when the heat subsides. Only issue I gave is, paying $100 for the paint and there are some scracthes and a gouge on 2 of the springs. Guess I will use some black touchup paint. I will review the ride after I get a few hundred miles on them.

Before you install your shocks you should contact your vendor. If you paid an additional $100, then it should be right.

@EricRedSL Their is no reason your custom springs should be scratched. shoot me a Pm and ill send a call tag and get them back to make sure they are perfect.