New approach for a SlingShot top...

• Yesterday, my local dealership was having a tent sale. I bought a bullet speed top for $800.00, installed, because the dealer is getting out of the aftermarket parts business. It seems they are not selling as many slingshots as they anticipated with all of the recalls etc. that they have had.

RD, I still have major interest in your top, so it be delayed while I refill the slingshot parts cookie jar.

Due to other duties yesterday, I only have 10 minutes of ride time with the bullet top. Noisy was my first impression, and it looks like a dune buggy. I don't see this one being permanent.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• @Texas T.... Hell I would have purchased it for comparison development work for that price. Keep me posted regarding your experience with it. At SSITS we could do a test swap to get real world comparison information. Should not take long to swap out and then back. That kind of feedback is hard to come by. Real world testimonial and all.

:thumbsup: I have confidence.
    Also it's important to remember they are two totally different approaches. Some will have benefits over one and the other way around.
    The price point is of interest to me.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Texas T.... Hell I would have purchased it for comparison development work for that price. Keep me posted regarding your experience with it. At SSITS we could do a test swap to get real world comparison information. Should not take long to swap out and then back. That kind of feedback is hard to come by. Real world testimonial and all.

:thumbsup: I have confidence.
    Also it's important to remember they are two totally different approaches. Some will have benefits over one and the other way around.
    The price point is of interest to me.

I'll not make ssits but will be at the Rockies event. I'll keep it updated. I

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I've had the bullet speed for 2 years now. What would you like to know ? I'd be more that willing to provide some real world comparisons and write ups if I had something to compare it to :whistling::D

First thing I noticed with BS top today was the extreme amount of fumes I now have with my Welter Duals coming into the cabin with me... wow, gotta start working on that now or buy a gas mask to wear. Tried adjusting the 9" Madstad, but no help.

• First thing I noticed with BS top today was the extreme amount of fumes I now have with my Welter Duals coming into the cabin with me... wow, gotta start working on that now or buy a gas mask to wear. Tried adjusting the 9" Madstad, but no help.

Yeah, you're going to get that because of the welter duals. I believe they even advertise that on their website. You're going to experience the same with rain. There is a vortex or something that the roofs (any roof will do this) and you'll get some air the will come over the roof and back in the back. This is a really weird experience when driving in heavy rain. Also, I have a +5 so I have very little wind coming into the cabin so the heat from the drivetrain will also be an issue. Still better than baking in the hot sun. I Will be adding baker wings to blow some air into the cabin during hot weather.

• Yeah, you're going to get that because of the welter duals. I believe they even advertise that on their website. You're going to experience the same with rain. There is a vortex or something that the roofs (any roof will do this) and you'll get some air the will come over the roof and back in the back. This is a really weird experience when driving in heavy rain. Also, I have a +5 so I have very little wind coming into the cabin so the heat from the drivetrain will also be an issue. Still better than baking in the hot sun. I Will be adding baker wings to blow some air into the cabin during hot weather.

you bring up a very good point about the exhaust. Until I have someone with the same exhaust design I want know how my top works with it and the fumes issue. I believe the W/S are a big contributing factor when combined with a top. Jeep tops can do the same thing with doors off and the rear window up.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: