New approach for a SlingShot top...

• all top frames and A-pillar arms are going to be stainless steel (304). Night and day regarding rigidity. The aluminum had an amazing weight savings but in the end was not the correct choice for this design approach. Will look at it again at a later date.

The question now is this:
    (A) powder coated black (A-pillars) and frame
    (B) powder coated black (A-pillars only)
    (C) polished Stainless all

?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• also.... It's official. The Jeep is up for sell. Trying for 30k with everything. Went up as of last night. Have someone interested out of TN. Hate to see her go but well worth the gamble.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Since pricing is one of the main points of interest.....Along with design, looks, etc......is it feasible to offer (A) (B) or (C) priced accordingly depending on choice at the time of order placement?
    Not sure if this could create an inventory nightmare or logistical problems....you would know better than I.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Since pricing is one of the main points of interest.....Along with design, looks, etc......is it feasible to offer (A) (B) or (C) priced accordingly depending on choice at the time of order placement?Not sure if this could create an inventory nightmare or logistical problems....you would know better than I.

nope, very good question @roadog1aj.
    That's why I put it out there. Some would argue that presenting these questions to the end user prior to a release is not recommended. For some products I agree. I had great success doing this approach with a modular snorkel system some years back. I really enjoy having future customers feel like they were part of its development and in fact you guys have.
    It would be a pricing thing.
    What combination would you see as the extra cost version?
    Sorry to be vague but I'm trying to gauge consumer value here.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• (D) Raw Stainless steel(if it saves $ over polished)

I will custom powder coat myself

• nope, very good question @roadog1aj.That's why I put it out there. Some would argue that presenting these questions to the end user prior to a release is not recommended. For some products I agree. I had great success doing this approach with a modular snorkel system some years back. I really enjoy having future customers feel like they were part of its development and in fact you guys have.
    It would be a pricing thing.
    What combination would you see as the extra cost version?
    Sorry to be vague but I'm trying to gauge consumer value here.

Thanks for the great response @Ruptured Duck!! Makes perfect sense!!! I have the FASTER Red Sling, so my preference would be either (A) or (C). I'm either all in or all out on the powder coating. Thanks again for doing the pre-release questions!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Great job @Ruptured Duck the top looks great on that angle shot.

As far as the color for the frame powder coated black should be standard with everything else being a choice, I feel that will be the choice for those of us who just want a "drop in" solution.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited 2 times, last by Neosolidus ().

• This mirror's my thoughts as well.

Yes, black matte powder coat A-pillars and frame to match the canvas top; will help it blend in and look more OEM. On my plane, I painted as many exterior alum/stainless rods as I could, because I feel the silver aluminum looks unfinished and has a amateur "lawn chair" look to it (which does not exude quality or confidence). It's looking sharp... very happy at the thought of an easy on/off roof for sun protection during the day this summer in Florida. And it's already summer in Florida.

• Yes, black matte powder coat A-pillars and frame to match the canvas top; will help it blend in and look more OEM. On my plane, I painted as many exterior alum/stainless rods as I could, because I feel the silver aluminum looks unfinished and has a amateur "lawn chair" look to it (which does not exude quality or confidence). It's looking sharp... very happy at the thought of an easy on/off roof for sun protection during the day this summer in Florida. And it's already summer in Florida.

@2SierraRomeo to most of the country it's always summer in FL... :thumbup:

(Slingshot Owners Group)