Changing the ratio.

• This is going out to the brains here. Would you be able to lengthen the gearing a bit by going with a smaller gear at the right angle drive and a bigger pulley at the rear wheel? How hard would that be? Any unforeseen issues that might arise? Extending first, second, and third would really help on the traction issues and make for much easier acceleration.

• Cam I believe it would be the other way around. As in our race bikes and quads we drop a tooth in the front to get more bottom end if that is not enough for 300 ft drags we will increase the teeth on rear sprocket a couple also. But yes if you could get a machine shop to make one I don't see why this wouldn't work. Just don't do on an N/A motor damn thing would lay down on you in third gear. Great idea for turbos.

• Cam I believe it would be the other way around. As in our race bikes and quads we drop a tooth in the front to get more bottom end if that is not enough for 300 ft drags we will increase the teeth on rear sprocket a couple also. But yes if you could get a machine shop to make one I don't see why this wouldn't work. Just don't do on an N/A motor damn thing would lay down on you in third gear. Great idea for turbos.

Exactly! First is just silly. You're shifting to second at around 10mph. Second would really benefit as well as its very easy to spin it. Third could be taller as well and no one really cares about fourth and fifth. Haha

• I can see how this could work. 300 ft sand drags we gear them to where we can launch in 2nd or 3rd depending on track conditions. If you have the power it kinda works like 2 speed power glide used in racing only need one or two shifts and flirting on the edge of traction the whole way. Makes for much quicker and consistent times.

• The problem in this situation is the clutch. We are still spinning the tires not as hard on clutch bit on street would definitely need upgraded clutch.

So changing that ratio would add significant stress to the clutch? If I hit the point where the clutch is needing to be replaced then I'm replacing the engine.

• @Turbosling could give the professional answer on this but I would say yes. Probably significant stress if leaning on it very hard. May find weakness in driveline past the clutch. Again as always dependant on traction. Which is a problem so driveline maybe safe. Who wants to find out first. @Tango will probably be the one to answer the weakness if it stays stock and he can find any kind of traction.

• @Turbosling could give the professional answer on this but I would say yes. Probably significant stress if leaning on it very hard. May find weakness in driveline past the clutch. Again as always dependant on traction. Which is a problem so driveline maybe safe. Who wants to find out first. @Tango will probably be the one to answer the weakness if it stays stock and he can find any kind of traction.

Tango had a new clutch and transmission. He'll be contending with traction issue for sure!

• Very good, but I would think and am probably wrong on this. But if you increase traction that we are all trying to achieve and then technically lower the ratio and increase the torque or power from a stock stand point would think something would give. Example would be you have a bolt put socket/ratchet on and torque and 6ft pipe and torque again with all you got something gonna give. Bad senerio I know but same principle. Hard to believepolaris built it that stout.

• Very good, but I would think and am probably wrong on this. But if you increase traction that we are all trying to achieve and then technically lower the ratio and increase the torque or power from a stock stand point would think something would give. Example would be you have a bolt put socket/ratchet on and torque and 6ft pipe and torque again with all you got something gonna give. Bad senerio I know but same principle. Hard to believepolaris built it that stout.

I agree. To my knowledge I haven't heard of any angle drives failing or belts snapping. It's possible they used robust parts since they're used to making off road vehicles. I know a few angle drives have had issues, but most failed with no additional power. Just bad parts.

• Agree no failures but also may be due to some complaints of belts jumping teeth on sprocket or clutches slipping in turbos upper boost levels. These maybe the built in safety features. As we remove or improve those areas we may see other issues start to rise. That is what makes this all so fun.

• Agree no failures but also may be due to some complaints of belts jumping teeth on sprocket or clutches slipping in turbos upper boost levels. These maybe the built in safety features. As we remove or improve those areas we may see other issues start to rise. That is what makes this all so fun.

I'll be happy to test out a rear ratio swap. Especially since a cnc rear pulley would be so much lighter than the current one.

• This is going out to the brains here. Would you be able to lengthen the gearing a bit by going with a smaller gear at the right angle drive and a bigger pulley at the rear wheel? How hard would that be? Any unforeseen issues that might arise? Extending first, second, and third would really help on the traction issues and make for much easier acceleration.

I was lost when you said "going out to the brains here"

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Interesting fresh topic @Cameron Roberts so just for clarity are you wanting a higher top speed in first gear before you shift ? If this is the case the front pulley size would have to be increased and the rear decreased. And @JimM has a good point on this not working well with the NA Slings. And I believe as soon as we get the rear tire to hook we will start seeing clutch problems but it would be worth it to me. Anything to get it to hook would be great.

• Interesting fresh topic @Cameron Roberts so just for clarity are you wanting a higher top speed in first gear before you shift ? If this is the case the front pulley size would have to be increased and the rear decreased. And @JimM has a good point on this not working well with the NA Slings. And I believe as soon as we get the rear tire to hook we will start seeing clutch problems but it would be worth it to me. Anything to get it to hook would be great.

Yes. I would like to see 1st stretch to 25 mph or so. 2nd to say 70. Of course it's all ratio and linear.