New SS news?

• Ocala powersports has posted a video on their FB showing the whole dealer's meeting ,it shows the whole slingshot around 55min mark and it seems the new one comes with a full length stainless steel header aimed at a rear exhaust.

Since I don't know if rabtech is ok with us posting the link to the video, I will post a link to the fb page

https://www.facebook.com/RideNowOcala/

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Interesting peek at the next Slingshot. Same basic styling. New headlights.* Auto trans. I hope they still offer the manual trans, as well.

* Even with the Canadian headlights on my US model, I still wish I had a lot more light for night rides.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• With all of the controls they seem to be putting on the steering wheel I guess aftermarket wheels with quick release will no longer be an option

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• As I said on Instagram... I like the center LEDs... Hopefully they can be retrofitted.

Not a fan of the headlights and DRLs... They look very Asian/animé style...

Like the steering wheel, only because of our daily drivers and the convenience of steering wheel controls.

Guess the rear is unchanged? Well, as is most of the body...

• Yeah, I want that steering wheel on my 2019, may be another winter project to adapt it to work. Been trying to get Erica to design me a button assembly like that to bolt up to my NRG steering wheel, but she's pretty busy and I'm not persuasive enough, flrting got me no where... :00008356:

• Might as well milk the bodystyle, it's very unique and nothing else comes close. I think new model's biggest selling point is the automatic transmission. I am pretty sure the Polaris suits realize that there are a lot of potential customers waiting on this possible change who don't want to or physically can't drive stick (casual wives who don't want to ride backseat on motorcyles but don't care for stick, older folks who don't want the hassle of a clutch, etc).

Just the other night, a 30 something asked me if the SS came in automatic when I said no, he was clearly disappointed. As for the new lights, I think they look sharp but that kind of stuff can easily be attained through aftermarket knockoffs and I suspect a floodgate will open up for those types of light designs to retrofit older SS models in the coming years.

Still baffled as to why (after 4 years on the market) Yamaha, Honda or Suzuki have not come out with their own slingshot killer. I drool just thinking what they could do with an autocycle concept. Polaris would be toast if they ever did.

• Might as well milk the bodystyle, it's very unique and nothing else comes close. I think new model's biggest selling point is the automatic transmission. I am pretty sure the Polaris suits realize that there are a lot of potential customers waiting on this possible change who don't want to or physically can't drive stick (casual wives who don't want to ride backseat on motorcyles but don't care for stick, older folks who don't want the hassle of a clutch, etc).

Just the other night, a 30 something asked me if the SS came in automatic when I said no, he was clearly disappointed. As for the new lights, I think they look sharp but that kind of stuff can easily be attained through aftermarket knockoffs and I suspect a floodgate will open up for those types of light designs to retrofit older SS models in the coming years.

Still baffled as to why (after 4 years on the market) Yamaha, Honda or Suzuki have not come out with their own slingshot killer. I drool just thinking what they could do with an autocycle concept. Polaris would be toast if they ever did.

I never even looked at the lights, I was just looking at the stuff that may help it go faster or take the curves better

• I think it will be interesting with all those updates/upgrades to see what the price jumps to. The regular MC business is suffering because they are priced way too high for the younger folks (the ones mentioned in the video I.E. non core) to afford.... Anyways...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

That is the same sentiment regarding the Spyder... Why hasn't another company... like Honda done this....??

• If Polaris couldn't keep them on the show room floor and they had back orders out the wahzoo than yeah you would see other manufactures entering the market. To the Spider question there was another manufacturer that got into the game.... Polaris with he SlingShot. To thier credit took a different approach.

Did anyone notice the headers. Not a Turbo setup. One as to assume we will see two engine variations if the turbo rumor is to be believed. Now it is possible they are going the S/C route and this would not be seen in the teaser image.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• If Polaris couldn't keep them on the show room floor and they had back orders out the wahzoo than yeah you would see other manufactures entering the market. To the Spider question there was another manufacturer that got into the game.... Polaris with he SlingShot. To thier credit took a different approach.

Did anyone notice the headers. Not a Turbo setup. One as to assume we will see two engine variations if the turbo rumor is to be believed. Now it is possible they are going the S/C route and this would not be seen in the teaser image.

Polaris did not get into the game... they made their own game as they are not a competitor with the Spyder... I have had Spyder since 2011 and now have a SS also and I can tell you the only thing similar is the 3 wheels. I would venture to say that anyone in the market for either would not look at the other as a competitor. I really like my SS but I can tell you honestly the Spyder is more comfortable to me for a long trip. I have about 80k on Spyders and only about 2500 on the SS to give that opinion on. Fun wise, I like that I can turn off Traction Control on my SS if I want to cannot do that on the Spyder. So for the old analogy... I want fruit... do I want apples or oranges.... :)

• Am I the only one who sees that header and assume that is connected to a rear exhaust? with how long it is I see no way to have a front exhaust but I guess time will tell.

Ruptured Duck I really don't think they will have two engines, that would add complexity and they are trying to simplify things, also since they have no history with superchargers it makes no sense for them to add one to the sling.

Now what would make sense is for them to add the new turbo engine that produces 181HP since that will help them from a logistics stand point since one engine for multiple vehicles is a winner from any bean counter stand point, however I don't see how that header that they showed could be a turbo.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Ocala powersports has posted a video on their FB showing the whole dealer's meeting ,it shows the whole slingshot around 55min mark and it seems the new one comes with a full length stainless steel header aimed at a rear exhaust.

Since I don't know if rabtech is ok with us posting the link to the video, I will post a video to the fb page

https://www.facebook.com/RideNowOcala/

I just sent my contact at Polaris a message and ask why Ocala had a HD video stream on Facebook and we couldn't even have grainy pictures. He told me yesterday that any dealer that had a camera and took pictures or video was violating the NDA.