New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• This will be my next Jeep! New spy shots of the test mule running around. First, this is a Mule so there are a LOT of things that are not production.
    (1) Ram truck bed used
    (2) Mostly current Wrangler body
    (3) New Hydro-formed frame

Now things to take note of ...
    (1) Its a freaking TRUCK!!!!!
    (2) Longer than current JK Unlimited
    (3) other possible spins offs

For those that are not Jeep people this is freaking HUGE news. We knew the truck was coming but this has only been in comments. Here is visual proof that it is in development. Now give me it with the new larger D44 developed in the front and stick a 60 in back. Now add the 3.0L diesel from the Ram 1500 and I'm set.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I've been waiting for this for years. but honestly, they are probably going to screw it up.

Just look at the concept history.

First, the Gladiator, not bad!

And the Nukaiser Awesome!!

THEN, came the Fiat buyout....
    and they show us crap like this.

And actually made this hideous thing!

I TRULY hope I'm wrong. But they need to listen to the public response to what their own Skunkwerks guys are building, and not the bean counters.

To me, this is still my favorite Jeep "truck".

I built a Brute once. On 40's and with a 5.7 Hemi. Should have never let it go.

• Good to see some movement but .....

Got tired of hearing about (waiting for) a JK diesel in the US....

Got tired of hearing about (waiting for) a JK pick up .....

Didn't want to be an early adopter of an FCA Wrangler re-design (have seen the mule running around the SW) so as you know I am currently in the throws of making a new JKU mine ......

Hopefully its not a Wrangler shaped version of Fiats (well Mitsubishi's) new midsize truck so I'll hold off on my excitement until its actually on the road for a bit ... by then I might need a second one ...... or may have done a Hemi Brute conversion to this one :00006725:

EDIT: @Joker256 ... I like how you think .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Guys, I have been following this for a long time. I can honestly say that this next go around will be every bit as good as the current JK with improvements. The JL will have the 3.0L diesel (expect to pay big $$$$ for it) as well as the PUG (Pentastar Up Grade) 3.6L (or what ever displacement to land with) and even a 300hp turbo 4cyl.
    There is a new 8 speed Auto and a new 6 speed manual. Still body on frame and an all new hydo-formed frame.
    The still open ended questions involve the soft top and if it will really be an all aluminum body or just key parts.

These are some sketches I did based off information from last years dealer shop. Will need to see if i can locate the drawings and post them if anyone is interested.

IMG_20151026_150231073.jpg

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Orangeman I loved my Brute! But someone loved it more and money talks.
    I've done a both Brute and a J8 conversion.
    The J8 was a B!TCH !
    I LOVED it when it was done, but the spotwelds sucked to cut and to weld the new ones was worse.

If you ever decide to do either conversion, let me know. I can help with some good advice.

My dream would be a J8 with a 4BT diesel. But the diesel kit is stupid expensive.

• no IFS .... :thumbsup:
    They have reworked the Dana44 to be stronger and larger. They also narrowed the front about 2" overall. Look up "Jeep Shortcut concept" and you will see what the new grill will mostly look like. I also bit you will see the Jeep stamp return to the fenders....
    Honestly think that may not have screwed this up. Good news for me.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I for one have been waiting on this since it was announced. I remember the gladiator design and began drooling at first sight but never heard anything past that first picture.

Do we know if they have actually committed to producing a line of Jeep trucks?

• the Toledo plant is being totally reworked. The Cherokee will be moving out first quarter 2017. Plant gets reworked to produce Wangler based vehicles. Goal is 350-400k a year production.
    The Jeep Wrangler truck has been confirmed.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Joker256 regarding the Nukaiser I got to spend time in it at Moab when I t was first shown. That and the Crew Chef have been my favorite.

There has even been speculation of a Tahoe sized Jeep SUV (Rescue) possible built on the Power Wagon frame.... :whistling:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Joker256 here is a quick sketch I did. Wanted to see what new leaked ideas might roll into the 4dr truck.... nothing is 100% correct other than it being a 4dr truck.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• here is my best guess at this time for the front design. Evolution for sure. Hood vent and bumper are speculation. Not happy with how it turned out.

(Slingshot Owners Group)