New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• Ugh, sorry to hear that, it's never any fun doing repairs on your own work vehicles.

It was always a stop gap. Purchased cheap and got the money out of it for sure. Really just needed it to last a tad bit longer. My guess is a broke valve spring on the intake. With that high of milage I'm just really not wanting to spend the time or money. The first gen Cayennes are not really valuable. Not enough to try and sort it out. My time is better spent elsewhere.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• speaking of Mule's in 2012 a beautiful sample of a mule moved in the yard behind me - it is a Toyota Land Cruiser truck - pretty much just like the one below - same color, but very faded and I suspect original, and everything else looks to be original - its on blocks but Just to keep the weight off the tires I am told, Apparently it belonged to my neighbors father and he only keeps it for sentimental reasons had to actually buy it back from some uncle. A few year back I asked if it ran and he said that it did when he parked it. I offered to take it off his hands, but he wasnt interested

43628998895.494668137.IM1.MAIN.1000x750_A.1000x562.jpg

Also around the corner sitting in a driveway is a beautiful fully restored Willies truck - looks exactly like this one - - I have never seen it moved either

1001cct-02-o-1951-willys-overland-pickup-truck-side-shot.jpg

I would love to get my hands on either one of these

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Of the two keep trying for the Toyota.....

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Going to talk to my dealer today. Having purchased over 6 JLs through him for the company I hope he will set me up on my personal purchase.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Traded the 18 F150 this weekend while in OKC. Loved it but I missed the Jeeps too much.

This was at my Mom’s house there before we headed back home.

Well may be getting a Rubicon Gladiator. Saw the dealer today and they have a Sport S max tow or a Rubicon. Only 5k difference between the two. When it comes time to sell or trade need to think about the value. Over 48 months I think the difference is so little that I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. Might have it by Wednesday.

Now I have most all the parts squirreled away so that by Saturday it will look like this.

dangerdarrell zoom in on the front bumper.... :00007555: that's a little tease of the upcoming new bumper design.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Well may be getting a Rubicon Gladiator. Saw the dealer today and they have a Sport S max tow or a Rubicon. Only 5k difference between the two. When it comes time to sell or trade need to think about the value. Over 48 months I think the difference is so little that I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. Might have it by Wednesday.

Came really close to getting a White Rubicon Gladiator. Neither of us liked the red dash on the red Gladiator or Wrangler. Almost looked pink in the sun. Looks great on almost any other color.

• You should not regret it!

We have a 2009 Rubicon 4 door with a life time drive train warranty and 41,000 miles on it... Love it, only issue we ever had on it was the "death wobble" which we cured about 5 years ago by putting a new steering cylinder / damper on replacing the original.

Will never sell it! Now keep it in Texas at our second home.

We have a 2009 Rubicon 4 door with a life time drive train warranty and 41,000 miles on it... Love it, only issue we ever had on it was the "death wobble" which we cured about 5 years ago by putting a new steering cylinder / damper on replacing the original.

Where in Texas

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Sorry to hear about the Porsche Ruptured Duck and Congrats on the soon to be new truck. That bumper is one of the best looking aftermarket bumpers I've seen. So many are, "big, tuff and manly", but don't compliment the truck they're on at all. Yours covers all bases.:):thumbup:

Thank you sir.... Can't really show the full thing just yet. Marketing is teasing it until near the end of this month. The goal was just that. Not to fight the Jeep but style too it. It is more refined than the current market but I choose to push for a next level look. The JL doesn't need to look like the older JK. Kind of banking on this a tad. Tooling was not cheap. So far the response has been positive. Is it the real hard core off road bumper. No but is capable with all the needed equipment. We also have the HD (cut, fold, weld) design for those guys.

And...... I got the Rubicon Gladiator tonight.:thumbsup:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

W0GEN I'm with you. I have owned quite a few Jeep's over the years. My avitar name is actually my old Rock crawler names the Ruptured Duck. My last Jeep was. 2012 2dr Rubicon that I sold to help fund the MeanSling business. The new one (yes I picked it up tonight) is the official

MeanSling company tow rig... :P

Keep your Rubicon for as long as you can. I plan to keep this one for a very long time.;)

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• here is a snap of the Toyota over my back wall in my friend/neighbors yard. I was wrong it does not look to be on blocks as I thought - - I offered him $4,000 three years ago, probably should offer $2,000 now

i-9FrVsNs-X3.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yep.... Got it Monday night. The 4 isn't available in the Gladiator. So far I'm in the high 16s. Pretty sure I need to do 55mph to get anything near the numbers. Also going to 37s in about a week so the next big expense will be 4:88 gears.

We have one turbo 4 Rubicon in our work stable. It's getting built up for SEMA this year. It has a lot of pep for sure.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• here is a snap of the Toyota over my back wall in my friend/neighbors yard. I was wrong it does not look to be on blocks as I thought - - I offered him $4,000 three years ago, probably should offer $2,000 now

i-9FrVsNs-X3.jpg

If you look at the going prices for just FJs then factor in the truck part the $2000 would be a joke if he knows what he has. These things are getting insane money when restored and even when not. If it's all original then that is a very nice find. California rig? Assume no rust.

(Slingshot Owners Group)