New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• Yeah, I finally saw one on the road last week, down in SA. I just can't justify ~$65K for a less than 1/2ton truck when I can buy a new comparable Chevy/Ford/Dodge for about $20K Less. Yes, the windshield won't fold down, the doors won't remove, and I can only open the sunroof so far, but how many times is someone going to REALLY do that on a daily driver? Maybe if you're out playing in the dirt/mud, but not otherwise.

• Yeah, I finally saw one on the road last week, down in SA. I just can't justify ~$65K for a less than 1/2ton truck when I can buy a new comparable Chevy/Ford/Dodge for about $20K Less. Yes, the windshield won't fold down, the doors won't remove, and I can only open the sunroof so far, but how many times is someone going to REALLY do that on a daily driver? Maybe if you're out playing in the dirt/mud, but not otherwise.

If you are a Jeep person every freaking time you get a chance. You hit on the product design challenge for this platform. Rugged Ridge was purchased by Truck Hero. They are a truck company and think like you. Getting them to buy in on truck products designed for a Jeep truck needs to be look through the eyes of a Jeep person and not the standard truck customer.

Also a Sport S optioned out with the Max-Tow and the Diesel will come in at around $48k

480 foot lbs of towing ability.

In the new 1509 Ram will have 12k capacity with the same 8 speed tranny. More than enough for this Jeep guy.

63k is the ferry , very , top of the pricing. Apples to apples when adding in options. These are not standard trucks and can be purchased for less than you think.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Looks like we just received info that the new Ford Bronco will sport solid axles front and rear. 2dr and 4dr with removable doors and top panels. They are going after the Wrangler. Also a truck version by 2022-24.

Believe Ford may spin the Bronco name off as it's own brand with several other smaller 4x4s to be offered much like the Renegade, Cherokee and Compass.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I had a full sized 95 bronco with the windsor 351, should have never traded it in, was a guzzler, but was a great ride. Not quite enough horsepower or torque for real off roading, but I enjoyed it and was very roomy for a family of 4 :)

i'll be watching for details on the new one, may consider it

• Last minute call this week from Ford. I'm heading to Dearborn today. Will be meeting with them regarding products for the Bronco. Day job perks. Should be fun. Unfortunately if I get to see it I'll be unable to comment.. :(

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Ruptured Duck , Patti and I test drove the Gladiator last Saturday. Really like it but that odd, not-very-red dash panel on the red truck looks pink. Patti decided she liked the white Rubicon version much better but we will most likely just get a JL instead. But...may have to hold off to see what the new Bronco is like. I really like the V6 twin turbo in my F150. If that’s going into the Bronco it would be a game changer. Can you let us know if that engine is possible?

• It's interesting that they have been bouncing around this idea for 15 years : https://www.caranddriver.com/n…7/ford-bronco-auto-shows/

Lots of pics of concept versions can be found online

Would be a nice ride to have

The problem with concept versions is they spend millions every year building them then throw away everything but the windshield wiper so they can put them on the assembly line cars. Weird shit Maynard. 8o

• Sounds like your day job just got busier. Congrats sir. It had to be cool to be one of the first to see that pony in person.

Nothing visual just yet but confirmation for product development. They are trying to fast track items so maybe in a month or so.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Nothing visual just yet but confirmation for product development. They are trying to fast track items so maybe in a month or so.

Please do post as soon as you see it, my JL is plagued by the death wobble and since FCA can't seem to fix it I might have to trade it for something else.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Please do post as soon as you see it, my JL is plagued by the death wobble and since FCA can't seem to fix it I might have to trade it for something else.

If it takes place there will be a very, very strick NDA so I really want be able to say or show anything. Just based off the comments I can say Ford wants what Jeep has.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Well..... The Cayenne just may have ended it's towing carrier. Looks like it took 3 owners, 230,000 miles and 15 years of use to cause very low compression in one of the 8 cylinders. I can do the repairs but is it worth it?

There may be either a slightly used Ram Rebel or an over priced, borderline tow rig Jeep Gladiator in my near future ..... hate fighting the heart....

(Slingshot Owners Group)