New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• I'm with you, Mitch....have my 2004 2500HD crew cab with an 8 foot bed, and I wouldn't change it one bit. Yeah, it's 22' long, so what. I hate that it's become so hard to find trucks with a full bed these days. You shouldn't have to put the tailgate down to transport a motorcycle or 8' timbers.

Times change, and so do needs. I started out with small trucks, S10 and the like. Mostly because of lack of funds to get what I really wanted. At the age of 30, I bought my first full size Chevy 1500 Stepside. I had several stepside trucks and even more fleetside, but they were all short bed. I wanted to sporty look that they had. Wasn't until my early 40's that I got a long bed, and I didn't realize how much I'd been missing. Only 8 years ago, I got my first and only extended cab. Yes, back to a 6 1/2' bed, but loved the extra room in the cab. Last spring, I got my current truck, a 2013 GMC crew cab Z71. 5' 8" bed. But, I have the SlingThing trailer if I need to haul up to 14" long items. Having a granddaughter that's 5'8" and a grandson that 6'4" that love to go places with us, the crew cab is something I'm really thankful for.

• I will always have an 8ft box. Yes a pain to park but it's a truck. I have a 2015 Ram longhorn with the full 4 door and it's close to 24 ft long and love having the room to put tools and equipment in the box and being able to close the tail gate

• Times change, and so do needs. I started out with small trucks, S10 and the like. Mostly because of lack of funds to get what I really wanted. At the age of 30, I bought my first full size Chevy 1500 Stepside. I had several stepside trucks and even more fleetside, but they were all short bed. I wanted to sporty look that they had. Wasn't until my early 40's that I got a long bed, and I didn't realize how much I'd been missing. Only 8 years ago, I got my first and only extended cab. Yes, back to a 6 1/2' bed, but loved the extra room in the cab. Last spring, I got my current truck, a 2013 GMC crew cab Z71. 5' 8" bed. But, I have the SlingThing trailer if I need to haul up to 14" long items. Having a granddaughter that's 5'8" and a grandson that 6'4" that love to go places with us, the crew cab is something I'm really thankful for.

At the time I bought my Silverado, I owned a motorcycle but no trailer, and had at least 2-3 Navy moves in front of me in the next two years. I needed both the 8' bed and the crew cab. Plus, I wanted a manual transmission. Dodge wouldn't do it at all, Ford would only do it on the 350 frame, and Chevy had the 2500 option. Haven't regretted it one bit.

• Back in my hey day there were not all of these crossover rigs so I bought a rig for every need. People would ask why I have so many cars (really, is 6 or 7 a lot?) and I would say, 'this one goes fast, this one cruises nice, this one hauls my tools and gear, this one is 4 wheel drive, this one gets good mileage going to work, this one has a big back seat (high school days), and this one is a motorcycle. Every time you combine purposes you give up some functionality - but gain garage space.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• This is my next new vehicle if I can figure out how not to get it into the upper 50k-60k range.

Will be used as a personal truck but plan more use for MeanSling. As an LLC I'm limited so very close tracking of milage and any use related to the business should help.

You will be able to get a Sport S with everything needed to tow 7650lbs but my consumer, money be damned American thinking says buy the Rubicon!

So.... Can I get a good deal on the Panamera? Or is the Cayenne getting replaced? 😁

• I went to the Auto Show Thursday. I sat in all the full size and midsize trucks. The Ram 1500 Limited was hands down the most plush, luxurious, roomy, and well put together truck there. Which explains it's "truck of the year" title in so many publications.

My personal favorite was the Jeep Gladiator. It fits like a glove, looks badass and unique. My friend also felt it was the best truck. Here's me in the tan one, and pics of a totally modded out example. I could be biased, but I think it looks good on me.:)

• True story... See the windshield hold down brackets on the JT. .. guess who was involved with designing those.. little horn tooting. Long story involving FCA standards of having to break free at 80ftlbs pulling force. No time to develop a breakaway clip and having to figure out a solution. Velcro was the answer. The width of a Velcro determines it's shear force. 1" wide solved the problem.

Looking forward to getting one myself.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I thought that it looked pretty good on me too @ wolf ,they wouldn't let me sit in that new corvette zr 1 though lol, Being a Ford man , when it comes to my truck, I did look in that Ram too and it's funny I thought the same thing, IT WAS NICE ! However I am sticking with the Fords, I,m replacing my 2012 this year as its pushing 400,ooo km /250 ,000 miles and not kind miles either , six years jobsite use pounds the snot out of trucks, so my 2012 is now trashed, but that 5 liter truck as a whole, hasn't let me down once , tires and brakes basically.

Those Jeep mods were wild, Toyota is even getting into that scene, did you see the new Tacoma there with the over the cab high snorkel , WTH? Who wouldn't want a modded out Jeep , but the slightly large tires on a snorkelled Toyota didn't quite do it for me.

• Snorkels are common. Here are the designs I worked up for the new JL and will work on JT truck. Modular approach with the ability to switch out between the two.

High mount design picture is the rapid prototype test fitment print.

Really looking forward to building a Truck the correct way... As a Jeep!

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• FOR now my wife will keep enjoying my customization of her Jeep

R-SHOT Addition.... 2.5K package....LOL LMAO

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Actually been working on a number of new products for the JL / JT. Taking a gamble on a new bumper concept. Will be revealing it prior to SEMA this year. Just finished claying up new high clearance flares as well. Its been non-stop getting products design and engineered and to production for the JL. It's been such a push to get this stuff done that I honestly have less time to work on MeanSling products. I can honestly say the new Wrangler is way better than the outgoing JK. I'm really getting excited about the JT. We are working to have the first in the Atlanta market. We may even fly up and drive back from Toledo.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Well pricing is up.

1. Sport - $35,000

2. Sport S - $38,000

3. Overland - $42,000

4. Rubicon - $45,000

Options will push the most expensive version to $62,000

The first 4,000 are limited edition models topping out at the $62,000 price. Look for regular ordered mobels in dealers around June-July possibly.

(Slingshot Owners Group)