New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• All they show is 4 door Jeeps .. Bullshit..What about real truck people

That is what I am talking about. Is it rear wheel drive? I just remembered why so many truck sell now. No one wants the front wheel drive tin can cars. Which also the reason you can not find a standard cab full size pick up everyone needs a four door to haul the family. Also do not forget the safety factor "Crash Test"

• All they show is 4 door Jeeps .. Bullshit..What about real truck people

"Real truck people" will like that the wheel base looks similar to a full size, two door truck. They will also like the Fox shocks, Dana front and rear and the fact that they can bring friends and more gear with them.

"Real truck people" that believe in a free market should appreciate the fact that most truck sales are 4 door trucks, thus the reason you see less and less of them. The people have spoken through thier purchasing.

• "Real truck people" will like that the wheel base looks similar to a full size, two door truck. They will also like the Fox shocks, Dana front and rear and the fact that they can bring friends and more gear with them.

"Real truck people" that believe in a free market should appreciate the fact that most truck sales are 4 door trucks, thus the reason you see less and less of them. The people have spoken through thier purchasing.

You did read my post?

• harleyujoe I agree with you. the reason that trucks are selling is because there are no cars out there that the American public wants to buy. They are even willing to pay the mark -up and the decreased gas mileage just to get safety and room. I do not care what the talking heads say, tell it like it is and the reasons. So much for what the government wants.

• Market does not support a 2dr truck (yet). I say yet because tastes and wants always change. If there is demand and the new assembly line has capacity for additional models than Jeep will build a 2dr version. They are not stupid and know what sells. With that said take a step back and look at what Jeep has just given the real truck guy. Dana 44 front and rear axles (solid not an IFS front). Real 4x4 capability with a real transfer case shift knob. 1600 payload, and 7650 towing capability. 4cyl, 6cyl, and next year a 3.0L V6 diesel option. On top of all that you can even get a manual 6 speed for both V6 engines. Removble doors and a full removable soft top. How the hell can you say this isn't a real truck when it's giving you far more then any truck in it's class and even out of it. Sorry it doesn't have the 2drs. Guess all the other stuff is not that great.

Give Jeep time and I bet they will even make the haters happy.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I pretty much have owned trucks all my life - but I have to disagree on the 4 door, option for me personally.

I like the extended cab not the crew cab simply for the convenience of having someplace where I can keep things dry on a long drive and more importantly a place for the dog.

The dumbest thing they ever did was to eliminate the 8' bed on extended cabs. In 2015 I had to bu a crew cab 2500 to get an 8' bed and that thing is a s long as a freight train when it is hooked up to a trailer - but it tows like a dream with that long wheel base

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Market does not support a 2dr truck (yet). I say yet because tastes and wants always change. If there is demand and the new assembly line has capacity for additional models than Jeep will build a 2dr version. They are not stupid and know what sells. With that said take a step back and look at what Jeep has just given the real truck guy. Dana 44 front and rear axles (solid not an IFS front). Real 4x4 capability with a real transfer case shift knob. 1600 payload, and 7650 towing capability. 4cyl, 6cyl, and next year a 3.0L V6 diesel option. On top of all that you can even get a manual 6 speed for both V6 engines. Removble doors and a full removable soft top. How the hell can you say this isn't a real truck when it's giving you far more then any truck in it's class and even out of it. Sorry it doesn't have the 2drs. Guess all the other stuff is not that great.

Give Jeep time and I bet they will even make the haters happy.

Not into 4 wheel Ruptured Duck along with the decrease in gas mileage in most cases. Even around here it is not what most people want

• I pretty much have owned trucks all my life - but I have to disagree on the 4 door, option for me personally.

I like the extended cab not the crew cab simply for the convenience of having someplace where I can keep things dry on a long drive and more importantly a place for the dog.

The dumbest thing they ever did was to eliminate the 8' bed on extended cabs. In 2015 I had to bu a crew cab 2500 to get an 8' bed and that thing is a s long as a freight train when it is hooked up to a trailer - but it tows like a dream with that long wheel base

Yes, I had a friend that bought one and found out he could not find parking places or enough room to turn it around so he sold it.

• Yes, I had a friend that bought one and found out he could not find parking places or enough room to turn it around so he sold it.

Yes parking is a challenge but I drove a 3500 Dually with an 8' bed for 17 years - you just get the hang of finding spots or parking on the curb

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!