Fiberglass Hugger Fender?

• Their prototype was steel. The rest are fiberglass. I've been to the Metricks (Doug's) shop and owned one of their fenders. They are definitely fiberglass. Slingmods should update their site.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Their prototype was steel. The rest are fiberglass. I've been to the Metricks (Doug's) shop and owned one of their fenders. They are definitely fiberglass. Slingmods should update their site.

Ill take your word for it, ebay dude is selling real cheap for a new fender even though you would have to paint. Its definitely either a metricks or an exact copy

• Ill take your word for it, ebay dude is selling real cheap for a new fender even though you would have to paint. Its definitely either a metricks or an exact copy

The ebay description says "I will come out with many designs". But, he did not come out with it, he stole it. That isn't Metrick's ebay information.

It's also odd that some of the pictures don't show the mounting brackets that are laid in to the under part of the fiberglass. Hmmm.....

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• The ebay description says "I will come out with many designs". But, he did not come out with it, he stole it. That isn't Metrick's ebay information.
    It's also odd that some of the pictures don't show the mounting brackets that are laid in to the under part of the fiberglass. Hmmm.....

I didn't think it was Metricks. That was kinda my reason for posting about it, hoping Metricks would see the post and let us know if its legit or if he could take the guy to task for copying it. It looks like he copied the design on the fender and the mounts. Guess thats why he can afford to sell so cheap since he didn't have to do any design work.

• I just looked up Metricks ebay listing on one and in the description it says
    "Warning don't be fooled by cheap imitations and inferior quality copies we are the originators!!" Looks like he may already know

• A design patent would be the only real protection and even then its expensive to fight. The eBay guy being small might have caved fast but who knows.
    Guys it's gonna happen you just need to be an informed consumer. It would have taken very little for him to have modified it slightly not that it would make it right.
    Straight up knock-offs are just wrong. Trust me on this. I have worked for a company that in the beginning was OK with replicating as long as there wasn't a patent. Most of the time it was from request of retail customers that didn't want to pay the higher price of the original company. Guess who got dragged through the mud (hint, not the big retailer).

In the end good ideas will always be copied. In a lot of ways its a good thing as it helps to improve things with changes and improvements being made along the way. Every company knows this and should always be on to the next big product even before the others have hit the shelves. Sorry for the honesty but in the end you will always have that guy that will buy the cheaper product regardless of how it was achieved.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Yep, just look at the stuff that is not made in the USA anymore. They do not care about the quality as long as it is cheap and if it breaks tomorrow they will just buy another one. The American public has done this to them self's. No wonder American manufacturing and the jobs are gone.

• Does Metricks make a fiberglass version? or does this just look really really similar?
    2015 / 16 Polaris Slingshot Rear fender "Hugger style" Base SL SE SL

Sure does look like their fender - but it is not painted so add some $$ for paint
    He uses Polaris paint which is extremely expensive plus labor

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!