WIRING LED EYEBROW LIGHTS

• On mine I went to a body ground using a nut somewhere in the area. For +ve I ran a circuit off my added fuse block and installed a dash switch so they could be used as parking lights. Every time I go out I turn them on to make me more visible. The lighted swirch reminds me to turn them at the end of the trip. However for the marker lights I added to my mirrors, I tapped into the front marker light wire near the light itself. That should work for you if switching them isn't what you want.

• I bought eyebrow switch back lights from sling mod. Love the look and increased visibility. Brought to dealer to put in when doing 500 mile check.
    Was told by tech staff there "not recommend, nothing but problems after install"
    Had issues with radios failing, lights not working, lots of electrical issues caused by aftermarket lights.
    And could jeopardize the warranty.
    Needless to say this made me rather anxious.
    Am holding off on returning until I hear from people who actually put them in.
    What do you guys think?

• I have a ton of after market lights and LEDs installed including the eyebrow switch back lights and the lower brow lights. Have had zero issues.

How lights on the front could effect the radio is beyond me - the switch backs connect directly to factory wiring for the blinkers.

Early on, I recall there may have been an issue with a brake light flasher modulator - but not 100% sure.

I wonder if they say the same thing about the Polaris LED kit.

Will be interested in other's opinions.

• I'm not a gear head. The mods to our Slingshot are the most I've ever been in and around an engine, battery, or any other part of a vehicle that wasn't related to filling it up with gas or driving it somewhere.

Having said that I jumped in with both feet and paying special attention to every blog post here and every installation video I could find and then I installed an extra fuse box then a full set of Canadian headlights converted all of them from HID to LED, ring lights on all the headlights, lower brow LED strips, cup holder ring LEDs, shift boot ring LED, rear brake modulator, license plate reflector to LED conversion, glove box LED, cockpit/transmission tunnel LEDs, LEDs under the entire body of our Slingshot and have had no problems whatsoever.

I don't use the radio but do use the Bluetooth for music.

I haven't upgraded the battery yet and I don't have a headlight switch but those will come with time.

Lots of lights and no issues to report

• Lots of lights and no issues to report

same here. Lots of LED light mods and not one issue. I call BS on the dealer. If these mods were causing issues, it would be all over the forum and Tricled and Slingmods would be working to fix it.

• Thanks for posting and assuring me. I like the lights. Maybe the tech at Mom's in Foxboro Ma., is unfamiliar or unsure how to put in ( I don't either) which is why I was bringing to dealer. He did sound pretty positive it would be "a bad thing to do."
    Maybe I should find another place to put them in .

• Probably not the tech's fault. Early on I had a problem where I got to talk to the head SS engineer at Polaris. He had a mindset that aftermarket lighting causes various problems. Was talking to him about one of early brake light issues and his first statement was that aftermarket lights are the main cause. We now know that not to be true and I didn't even have any LEDs at that point. I'm sure the "customer caused" thought process is part of the culture. That said, if you had gone to SSITS and saw the multitudes of extreme LED lights with no problems, you wouldn't worry

• Thanks for posting and assuring me. I like the lights. Maybe the tech at Mom's in Foxboro Ma., is unfamiliar or unsure how to put in ( I don't either) which is why I was bringing to dealer. He did sound pretty positive it would be "a bad thing to do."
    Maybe I should find another place to put them in .

Somerslee, One of the fun things I enjoy about the Slingshot is doing my own mods. I am not a mechanic by trade or experience but have turned a wrench or two over the years. The LED lighting installs are fairly simple. My wife gets right in there with me to help with all the mods. Go to http://www.Slingmods.com site and watch the install videos. These will walk you through step by step. Pick up some wire loom and wire ties to keep your installs neat and protect the wiring.

• Maybe I missed it here (or in another thread), but what the secret to wiring the eyebrows (or anywhere on the hood) and not pulling the wires out when you open the hood? Surely you don't just leave the slack flopping around under the hood?

• Maybe I missed it here (or in another thread), but what the secret to wiring the eyebrows (or anywhere on the hood) and not pulling the wires out when you open the hood? Surely you don't just leave the slack flopping around under the hood?

You have to leave some slack so the hood opens and closes but you can zip tie some of the slack.

This was the more time consuming portion of the install.

I ran it up the underside of the hood and zip tied snug. Then I very loosely tied / looped some of the extra wire near the headlight assembly then slowly moved the hood up and down which pulled the necessary wire slack to open / close the hood.

Did this very carefully so as to not stress the wire. Seemed to work OK