New member meet and greet

• welcome @SaltyClownNY. You've come to the right place for information on just about anything you'd like. I think there's a couple that have put 20's in front and I'm sure someone will chime in. As far as power is concerned....Pffft!!! how much money you got. Anything from CAI to Turbo'd and SC. You'll get different answers as to which is better. If you have the $$$ there's even an LS V8 swap available. Have fun wading through all the info on here and again, welcome.

• Yes to all of the above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Absolutely Turbo!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @SaltyClownNY, welcome! Last things first....if you search in the main forum, using the box in the upper right corner of the page, you will find all kinds of information on both tire width and turbo possibilities. Lots of threads on that stuff. Happy hunting!

So you know, we have a rule here....it goes like this. "Pics or it didn't happen." :D

I'm especially curious in your statement "created my own brackets for wheel well LED's as well." What's that about? Look forward to hearing about it!

Welcome to the nuthouse!

• @SaltyClownNY, welcome! Last things first....if you search in the main forum, using the box in the upper right corner of the page, you will find all kinds of information on both tire width and turbo possibilities. Lots of threads on that stuff. Happy hunting!
    So you know, we have a rule here....it goes like this. "Pics or it didn't happen." :D

I'm especially curious in your statement "created my own brackets for wheel well LED's as well." What's that about? Look forward to hearing about it!

Welcome to the nuthouse!

@KayTwo - Fair enough!
    So as the 2017 LE had a white frame and white suspension, I wanted to light up the wheel wells a bit. I don't want to see the LED's though, so ended up having to make a bracket to hold a strip of lights at a 45deg. angle so to allow for this. Used existing screws mounts in the hood. Forgot that I also shortened the stock cold air intake and installed a DDMWorks Heat Shield around the air filter. Just used the factory bracket and bent it flat to hold it in place.

• @SaltyClownNY power depends on when you want it and how much stress you want to put on the engine.

Turbo - spools up to power and has more on the backend
    Supercharger - power early but tops out.

Turbos run more risk and have had more issues with engines, but most of those kinks have been worked out. Search on here and you will find lots and I mean lots of data on both.

Vendors on here as well to help with questions. If you really want speed, you might consider a "built" engine from @Dave@DDMWorks along with a turbo to ensure your engine can take the pressure.

Have fun and open the wallet..

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @SlingRider
    Thanks. From what I have been reading thus far, it may be good to have a custom block built with all the good stuff. May be fun to turn it into a project with the kids. Open wallet... may as well just throw it away as it may just burst out in flames.

Work hard, play harder!

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Hey SaltyClownNY!

I work in Albany and live outside Albany as well. If you ever want to get together for a ride let me know!

• Hey SaltyClownNY!
    I work in Albany and live outside Albany as well. If you ever want to get together for a ride let me know!

I'm up by Thacher Park area. I'm always looking for places to go. Sent you an email off this site with my contact info. -T

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Ok so I have a cold air intake question....they sell them with and without the heat shield....

Is the heat shield necessary? And would you notice any difference with or without it?

One more question...looking at install pictures I think it blocks cold air from blowing over the engine..any thoughts on this?

• @'Bigdog. The heat shield probably helps keep hot air from going into the intake while stopped at a light. While moving there probably isn't a big difference between having it or not. As for blocking air from going over the engine, surely some, but as open to the world as the engine bay is it gets plenty of air.

• @'Bigdog. The heat shield probably helps keep hot air from going into the intake while stopped at a light. While moving there probably isn't a big difference between having it or not. As for blocking air from going over the engine, surely some, but as open to the world as the engine bay is it gets plenty of air.

I agree with @WOLF

I had a cold air intake without the shields.