Bad Boy Mower

• I wish, would prob go broke paying someone to to do it! I keep about 5 acres mowed.

I feel your pain brother
    I have to cut about 8-9 acers of my 35. Just before I left on a busseniss trip I was trying to make afinal cut. I have a John Deer commercial Zero Turn. After running about an hour it would just loose power. I didn't see any fuel in the filter. Changed it drained the tank. Blew out the lines and filled her back up. an hour later same thing. Loosened that cap to make sure no vapor lock nada.
    Had to go so I left it.

Came home to knee high grass everywhere and no AC in the house - thank god it will only be 100 tomorrow

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ouch, no way I can give you a (like) on that one. Hope you get it goin' dude. My zero turn don't do knee high well, good luck.

This guy will cut thru even heavy knee high stuff may just need to raise the deck some
    Mine is an older model with a60" deck and on demand mulch - it makes cutting grass fun
    It jut can't swim well - I have slid it into the pond a few times when the banking is wet and sloppy.
    I hate having to call my wife to come with the gator and a chain to pull me out of the mud...

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I got you both beat in this game of "who's is bigger".

I have 11 acres that my yard guy cuts once or twice a month with my Massey Ferguson 255 and a 72" wide Turf Hog mower. I would love to get a bat wing 17 foot wide mower but I have yet to find one used that I could justify the cost.

Here is what I'm looking for if someone has one they want to sell at about 1/3 price.

• Yes sir you do have me beat even on the tractor
    I have as baby John Deere 790 with a Bush Hog but I must say I cut everything in just a few hours with the zero turn, used to take me 2 days wit the tractor then I would have yo go back and trim especially since I cut right up to the water line at the pond

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Is hiring the neighbor's son to mow the lawn and head back inside and have a beer an option?

What?? Phil, you must have a fever or something!! What you really mean is...........
    "Is hiring the neighbor's son to mow the lawn and head back inside and PLAY WITH THE BOY'S MOM an option?"
    That's the @funinthesun we all know and love!!!!!! :00007555:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• @MACAWS I have to admit that the fast zero turn mowers are really great. The guy that cuts my yard uses a Dixie Chopper and I swear he looks like he is running 20mph.

And when you look at my yard it is perfectly cut and even all over. I don't blame him for going as fast as he can either. I would go just as fast as I could go until it started missing blades of grass.

• @MACAWS I have to admit that the fast zero turn mowers are really great. The guy that cuts my yard uses a Dixie Chopper and I swear he looks like he is running 20mph.

And when you look at my yard it is perfectly cut and even all over. I don't blame him for going as fast as he can either. I would go just as fast as I could go until it started missing blades of grass.

Mine only goes about 17 mph wide open
    I was wondering what you think about a Turbo set up...

OK funny story when I got my first Zero Turn The guy drops it off with a roll back and asks do you want me to show you how to drive it. I say no I used to run a skid steer I can handle it. he leaves and I go to work cutting grass. When I am all done my wife asks how do you like your new mower. "I love it but I have to run to Lowes because you need new landscape lights and flowers"
    I wasn't as good as I thought I tore up the yard pretty good. Those damn things turn on a dime. But once you learn how to drive one there is no stopping you.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• So my question is ... Did the mower ever start back up ? A fuse with a jumper across it is no doubt not good practice but removing the jumper alone couldn't have fixed the problem. As a matter of fact the jumped fuse may well have overheated some wiring down the line and in turn melted some insulation causing a short. I feel your pain I'm cutting a little over 5 acres weekly as well. Hope you got it fixed.

I didn't remove the jumper. Blew the fuse holder out and reinserted the fuse. Mower fired right back up and ran the rest if the time.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.