Weird questions people ask about your slingshot.

• I was hesitant to revive this old thread but while driving my wife's SS back from FL I got a question I have never heard or even thought I would ever hear.
    Stopped at a convenience store in AL to grab another drink. The lady at the checkout asked "is that your car?" I was in a hurry so I didn't want to get into a long conversation so I said "It's my wife's. I just picked it up for her in FL and I'm driving it back to AR."
    She then asked "Does it just drive on those two tires?" ?(;(
    "Uh...no. There is a tire in back."
    Really wanted to say "here's your sign". :/

• I had a guy come almost running toward me at the grocery store....is that custom made.

I stopped at staples and on the way out had a guy looking for the person that owned the slingshot...he's a wanna be owner....I said lets go for a ride...we loocked my purchase in his ford pickup and I took him around the block...he wants one bad...he said you're getting me hooked...I said I'm trying to be a salesman....then I asked him if he wanted to drive it...he said he'd really be hooked....he declined.

Had an older guy take a closer look before he got in his car...100 questions...

People just love these things....it's unique, it's space age, it's new, it looks fun, it looks fast. It's a total package..... I'll say this Polaris knocked it out of the park with this design. Bases loaded homer in the bottom of the ninth...

• Took a short ride to cool off yesterday and stopped at the grocery store again...walking toward the door a grandma stops me as she was getting in her car....I saw you pulling in and had to tell you how cool that is...she said one of those is on my bucket list....told me again how much she liked it I thanked her and she turned to go back to the car....I said you wanna go for a ride....she spun around like a little kid and said sure...I said lets go...so we went around the block as her grand daughter videoed the departure....she was all smiles...
    And maybe we'll be on the net somewhere...

we got back to her car and she said I was in a really bad mood today but you sure fixed that....give me a big hug....I was all sweaty and dirty from ditch digging all day but she didn't care...and it made me feel good too....

So you never know what your kind gesture can do for a stranger...I'm always offering to take someone for a ride that shows a real interest....what's it gonna hurt..

• I had a guy come up to me and say, damn bro must be nice to be a doctor.
    I was confused as we both were coming out of the gym.
    I told him thanks but I'm a tech geek.

(Note that before I told him the price, he thought I was stupid rich and his conversation with me was super kiss ass and polite, he's nose must have been brown as hell by now).

So later I told him the actual price and that anyone can buy this. Once I told him that, flip switch and he was talking to me like I was some homeless guy begging for money.

"Oh that shit is that cheap? Fuck bro my merc costs more then that lol. Prob that why it's missing a wheel".

At this point I wanted to slap some sense into his dumbass but can't fix stupid.
    So I just said yup, I just sell myself on the street mon-fri, work out my butt cheeks in the afternoon and lube my man boobs in the mornings. Now if you excuse me, I am going to go look for my 4th wheel, prob with my previous customer.

Had me so annoyed... until I saw his car and lol'd.... dodge neon with bumper missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Came out from a restaurant one evening with the wife. Found the "usual crowd" gathered around the Sling. Recognized the older gent from inside the restaurant as he had a birthday and the staff sang for him.

So stood around for a bit answering questions, then I asked him if he wanted to sit in it. Dude was 90+ and he became an instant 18 y/o again. Family all pulled out the cameras to take pics.

Grandma made sure to tell them to "Put those pictures on that Facebook thing".

Good times.

As for people who start guessing at the price. I'll let them flounder a bit, but then tell them the real price as well. However, if I see they are driving cars worth a bit more $$, or they are all sporting an Apple watch, I leave it hang. They are welcome to think I've spent a small future on an exotic car from Europe.

• :00008172:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Driving home just now the guy in front of me has his cell phone out the window shooting video of me behind him... We get to the light and he sticks it back out the window to snap pictures...then he gave me a big thumbs up...had a lot of peace signs today, waves and neck snaps... I'm irresistible ...

• Driving home just now the guy in front of me has his cell phone out the window shooting video of me behind him... We get to the light and he sticks it back out the window to snap pictures...then he gave me a big thumbs up...had a lot of peace signs today, waves and neck snaps... I'm irresistible ...

Good feeling isn't it. Now finish filling out your profile with an avatar and your location and other miscellaneous info

• I had a guy tell me his buddy has the same snowmobile and he did the same thing to it by adding the wheels to it. I just said cool and told him I have never seen him around the area. Guy said he smashed it up and didn't get a chance to drill it much. I left wondering what he was smoking.
    :S
    I love the idea of telling people it's a kit from Walmart. I will have to use that one. :thumbsup:

• I was setting in line waiting to get on the Merrimac Ferry and 2 people came up and wanted to know if
    I AC in the SS. Yes I answered at 55mph

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

• All of the following I have heard this season.

Had it off road yet?
    Does it have heat and A/C?
    How much did you pay for it?
    Is it electric, run off a battery? (Note: I too, was filling it up at the gas station when I was asked this.)
    How's that rear wheel steering handle? I bet it's a little squirrelly, huh?
    Front wheel drive, right?
    Is it air cooled?
    V Twin?
    Mazaradi?
    Tip over easily?
    Where's the engine located in this thing?

And last but not least, more of a statement but worth mentioning....

Well, it has to be nice not to be shifting gears all the time like the street bikes. These were made for automatics.

• Have also been asked at a gas pump if it was electric. Seems to be a common one!!! Was asked if the backseats were roomy and if you could restrsin a child seat in them!!! Was at a loss for words when the lady with 2 kids asked me that one!!

CDCAMEL6