New Spin on the same BS on the old site

• Read all about the newest spin posted 8 minutes ago the old forum by 4Nines

I would like to take a minute and address some of the issues that have come up on the forum recently.

First off, I would like to apologize to anyone that has felt like this site has been over-moderated or your that some issues have gone unheard for the past week or so. I didn't want to get too personal about the reasons that we haven't been around, but it seems as though I need to clarify so everyone understands where we are coming from. Myself and Dascrow have been going through some life changes and issues and we have not been around to handle a lot of the reports that have come in. I personally have been gone for about two weeks to celebrate getting married and my honeymoon. For the last six years or so I have never taken off more than a long weekend, and even then I still checked in to make sure everything was running smoothly. I thought to myself that I finally deserved my time away from the computer and that everything would be fine for a week or so until I got back.

Dascrow was also gone during the same time period and has had his hands full with a family emergency. His wife found out last Tuesday her dad was having heart issues and Wednesday they life flighted him from Alamogordo to ALBQ for open heart surgery. His wife flew there within an hour of getting that notice. Dascrow has since been taking care of three kids and doing his best to support his family while she is away. Again, we didn't want to get too personal, but it seems as though all of this might help clear the air.

So basically, all this miscommunication boils down to a really bad timing of events. Dascrow and I have lived and breathed all things Slingshot dating all the way back to March of 2013. We had heard a whisper of a rumor that the Slingshot might become a reality and we never looked back. We personally drove and had input with the engineers on the original test mules well before anyone knew that they would be produced. We've worked on this site 24 hours a day since to make sure that it was the most secure and valuable resource for all things Slingshot.

I am back now (Dan is still out with his family emergency) and I am in communication with the moderation team to resolve all of the issues that we missed while we are gone. Changes are being made in the back of the house and I think you will find that the mod team will be a lot more receptive to reported issues and not so overreactive. We left the team with a set of guidelines and they were truly just trying to follow the rules down to the T. We literally get dozens of reported posts a day and while on the outside it might seem like we are proactive in moderating, we are actually just reacting to issues that the membership reports. We will continue to discuss these issues as a team and only interject when it's absolutely necessary. I can promise you that moderating is our last resort, but unfortunately it's our final duty to help the majority of our members enjoy the site. I know some of you think we over-moderate the site. We get complaints saying as much. We also get complaints from members who think we run the site too loosely and don’t moderate enough. We try to walk the balance of keeping a site fun and open while respecting that many members have families here and want to have a site they can be proud of without worry of having a family member see or read something that would be unacceptable. All we are trying to do is walk that balance and make this place as good as possible for as many people as possible.

Thank you to all of you that have made this great site what it is today. We really appreacaite the members on here and all of the knowledge that is shared. We are all about and have always been about members helping members. We’ve developed amazing friendships along the way and hopefully we can all get back to doing what we like best - talking and driving Slingshots!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So if I read that correctly I get a mental picture of a guy with a bucket of water standing in front of a smoldering pile of ashes that was once the forum he was responsible for.

I am sure they have already been here and are still lurking silently in the background. By now they have realized that ignore it and it will blow over attitude failed miserably.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Sounds like an apology a little too late!! Glad I found a new home open and receptive to anyone willing to share info or items created without feeling like it has to be monitored by the dollar or overly moderated. The other forum can have whats left of my premium membership and I'm much happier here after that hedgehog guy's comment about my personal friend and the way he treated all of my Slingshot brothers and sisters! Im not going back (unless @rabtech boots me and even then its a NO!!) LMAO!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• So basically, all this miscommunication boils down to a really bad timing of events. Dascrow and I have lived and breathed all things Slingshot dating all the way back to March of 2013. We had heard a whisper of a rumor that the Slingshot might become a reality and we never looked back. We personally drove and had input with the engineers on the original test mules well before anyone knew that they would be produced. We've worked on this site 24 hours a day since to make sure that it was the most secure and valuable resource for all things Slingshot.

I have some thoughts that I probably should keep to myself. But sometimes pictures speak way louder than anything someone could type..... I don't doubt that they probably do love their Slingshot.. But I can promise everyone here that I love my family, my Slingshot, and my friends (AKA members).

Anyone want to tell me what they see in these pictures........ I can give you a hint..... Look at the post count, Look at the positive ratings, Look at the trophy points. It proves one thing to me..... I eat, sleep and breath Slingshot's, the forum, and passing information along to others.... There isn't a better way to show it than by me posting these pictures..

This will be the last I ever speak of the subject. Its over and done and I can honestly say that I have done what it takes to keep my friends happy and together.

• Point well taken if you are responsible for running a forum you should also be an enthusiastic and highly published participant.
    If you lived the life you would understand the people.
    Take notice here we have the most active advocates administrating the site.

You a sneaky rascal there Mr. Rabtech you had way more of this figured out than you let on.
    Crafty fellow - I LIKE IT

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @BONES

Nah, water under the bridge at this point - I say let it go. We're all here! I will still sniff around over there but mainly to glean any new tidbits of info that come along (like those new Polaris luggage compartment bags I posted). Some of our friends don't want to come over because they don't feel they can handle keeping up with two forums (TravAZ is an example - we've PM'd :( ). @rabtech has created an awesome forum here!!! The other one is going downhill rapidly since we all came over here...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014